“Wonderful, relaxing place with high quality food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #131 of 1,303 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: theurbanfarmhouse.cot
“Wonderful, relaxing place with high quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

This place feels like Berkeley or Woodstock--hard to imagine you are in Richmond

Visited March 2012

Atlanta
“Terrific lively cafe and market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I visited Urban Market twice because it was a block from my hotel. Both times were very positive, if a little expensive. They have a small shop selling VA wines, which was terrific to find so close to the hotel, and their lunch counter is a popular stopping place for locals and hotel guests, Very tasty food, but quite pricey.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

This place is such a gem. Huge, spacious light-filled cafe with lots of seating and different food choices. I went for breakfast and had a perfect cafe au lait and a white bean and asparagus salad that was so delicious. (I know, weird to have a salad for breakfast but on a trip to the South, I will take veggies whenever I can.) The salad ingredients were so fresh-- freshest asparagus that I have had in a salad. YUM. My husband had a ham and egg sandwich that was also delicious.

We didn't have any baked goods but there were lots to choose from. I can imagine sitting here for hours, enjoying a cup of coffee, reading a book, getting some work done. LOVE.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern Virginia
“So so tea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at the Omni Hotel near the Urban Farmhouse. I walked down for tea one morning, and they were out of Earl Grey tea when I ordered it. They recommended an organic English Breakfast tea instead, and I went for it. I added some sugar and milk, and when I tasted it, well, it didn't have any taste. This was probably my time tryng organic tea, and I'm not impressed.

That being said, the Urban Famrhouse Market seemed like a great place to bring a book and order something to eat. It's very comfortable inside; nice atmosphere.

Visited February 2012
New York City, New York
“Slow service, okay food. Crappy coffee.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Our party of four went for coffee and breakfast Sunday. We ordered two cappuccinos, which took the barista 10 minutes to prepare. Their coffee (like most Southern coffee) is weak. If you want real coffee, this isn't the place. Our breakfast sandwiches also took a long time, even though the eggs were already pre-cooked (we saw them taking slabs of prepared egg out of a bin). We all felt the food at Panera was better, and more freshly prepared.

• Visited January 2012