“Nice one night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Nice one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed one night on our way back from the beach. Having read the reviews before booking, I was not surprised by the breakfast offerings and we made plans ahead of time to eat elsewhere prior to getting on the road. Nice location and easy access to get back to the interstate.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton/Glenside this past weekend for a family get together in Richmond. It was very welcoming and clean. The rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable, and bathrooms are spacious. Breakfast was OK if you just want the basics--yougurt, bananas, apples, cereal, breads and pastries, and waffles. The premade western omelet was OK. Great coffee ! This was probably an oversight, but our room was not made up with clean towels, etc. after our first night. We didn't leave until around 11 a.m. for the day on Saturday and returned late in the evening. The front desk gave us fresh towels. Even though it was a cloudy, rainy weekend, the hotel has a small, nice outdoor pool. Many other hotels in the area have an indoor pool only.

Room Tip: Staying on the first floor was nice because of proximity to exercise room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn this past weekend to attend a friend wedding held at the Westin. Upon entering the hotel, I immediately noticed how clean the reception/lobby area was. When I obtained my key, I asked the desk clerk about late check-out for Sunday (12 noon). She informed me it should not be a problem and to touch basis with her Sunday morning. My room was on the 2nd floor and I absolutely loved the decor of the hallways and the doors to the room. I was surprised at how you enter the room (you don't insert your key, you hold it up to a sensor and the door opens), but I figured it out. Would be helpful for the desk clerk to explain that, but it was no big deal. I had the King size room and it was just right for me! The bathroom was clean, the refrigerator was cold, which is unusual for a small refrigerator in hotel rooms. The bathroom was big and I loved the little nook with the coffee maker and towels! The breakfast was ok...I would recommend putting meat on the menu (sausage/bacon), but it will do if you don't want to eat a lot. Of course, there are plenty of eating places close by if you choose not to eat breakfast downstairs. I went down a little after 8 a.m. and it was not crowded.
On Sunday morning, I called down to ask about checking out at noon and the lady remembered me and said it was no problem and she would make note of it. Thank you! I was able to go back to my room and just relax for the next 3 hrs after eating breakfast.

I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this to others looking for a decent rate hotel with great service and clean rooms.

Room Tip: Request a room on either the 3rd or 4th floor....away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Summit Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family stayed at this Hotel last week for my Uncle's funeral. We had family from VA, PA, IN, KS and DC. The hotel was extremely clean, close to many things, and had very reasonable rates. The breakfast was delicious each morning with many options. The manager's reception on Monday night offered great snacks and free beverages. The staff went far above to make my family comfortable during this difficult time. They even offered the breakfast common room to our family for several gatherings. Special thanks to Antwan for his help and kindness he showed to our entire family. I always have been a Hampton Inn fan. After this trip, I would never consider staying anywhere else! I reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in the Richmond area. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: The rooms ending in #19 right off the elevator are larger. they are handicapped accessible. Also the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great hotel, staff friendly and helpful. Morning 6-10 am) was good but but standard. Hotel central to Richmond Amtrak station. If traveling by train I would pick this place again. Several places to eat, within walking distance.

Room Tip: If traveling by train/Amtrak great place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for 3 nights in early May while touring Richmond and the surrounding area. We LOVED the location, since we were close to many places at which to eat and shop. We were able to easily get to the city and the many other sites that we visited. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. The hotel is quite new and the staff was friendly. The only thing I missed were the warm cookies upon arrival; I was told that they are only served on the busiest days of the week. All -in- all this Hampton provided a relaxing hotel at which to spend a long weekend.

Room Tip: Be sure that you ask which rooms include the mini frig and microwave.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
David B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear PensandSteelers:
Thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our beautifful Hampton Inn & Suites! All of our guests will be happy to know that since your stay we have added refrigerators and microwaves to the standard king rooms, so that now ALL of our rooms come equipped with an amenity so many guests have been requesting! As for cookies, I am sorry it was explained to you that way - the fact is that we do bake up batches of fresh cookies as part of our weekday "cookie & punch" reception, We hope to be of service again on your next visit to Richmond!
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Staff were very welcoming, check in fast and efficient. Rooms very modern and clean. Beds comfy and linens/towels and amenities of very good quality.

Breakfast was very good, waffles and hot items included as well as the usual cereal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. Area spacious, clean and well supervised.

Location was excellent with lots of restaurants and shops nearby.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again if we are ever back in Richmond

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside? Share your experiences!