Stayed for 3 nights on points while visiting friends in the area. Upon check in, my key did not owrk on the first try - unlke other hotels, the front desk employee followed me to my room to insure the second key would work (I travel about every week for work and this does NOT happen at most hotels plus it was his suggestion!) Did the key work? No - but he put me in another room without going back to the desk for the key and then brought the new key to the room. This is customer service plain and simple.The studio room was nice and reminded me of some Homewood Suites rooms around the country that are "divided" into two areas by a middle desk - all the furishings were in great shape. The breakfast was standard and had a great selection of fresh fruit (this was out all the time not just breakfast) and better cereals - there was no oatmeal which I found strange but the Kashi cereal made up for it! The server was very nice and welcoming. For some reason I did not get housekeeping service after the first night. Made the front desk aware and it was not an issue moving forward. Very easy access to the highway and the University of Richmond area that I was visiting. The fitness center was standard and had small flat screen TVs on the wall in front of each machine - not on the machine but on the wall in front - had one remote to change the channels - so you have to share with the other folks which was not off putting to me but might be to others. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area and will recommed this place to others - in fact I I did while I was visiting. Not sure of the cost per room per night since this was an award stay - hopefully it is reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of the metro Richmond Virginia region, the Hampton Inn and Suites Richmond/Glenside hotel offers easy access to popular cultural, sporting and entertainment attractions. Spend a day at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts or the Museum of the Confederacy- all within five miles of our Richmond, VA hotel. Enjoy boating, canoeing, water skiing and fishing at the James and Appomattox rivers or thrilling rides at the Kings Dominion theme park. View exciting races at Richmond International Raceway or enjoy an extensive shopping experience at Stony Point Fashion Park.Unwind at the Hampton Inn and Suites Richmond/Glenside hotel with everything you need for a great stay. Relax in a comfortable guest room complete with thoughtful amenities to help make you feel at home. Enjoy over sixty high-def channels on a 37-inch flat screen HD TV. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access and enjoy a restful sleep on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Upgrade to a spacious suite and stretch out and relax on a king-size bed. Start the day right and join us for a Hampton’s free hot breakfast or have breakfast on the move and grab one of our Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday. Stay active during your stay in the fitness center or rejuvenate with a swim in the pool. Keep in touch with work in the business center and hold your next meeting in our corporate meeting and training facility accommodating up to 80 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside Hotel Richmond
- Hampton Inn And Suites Richmond/Glenside