“Amazing Front Desk Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
beatricepugzilla
“Amazing Front Desk Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights on points while visiting friends in the area. Upon check in, my key did not owrk on the first try - unlke other hotels, the front desk employee followed me to my room to insure the second key would work (I travel about every week for work and this does NOT happen at most hotels plus it was his suggestion!) Did the key work? No - but he put me in another room without going back to the desk for the key and then brought the new key to the room. This is customer service plain and simple.The studio room was nice and reminded me of some Homewood Suites rooms around the country that are "divided" into two areas by a middle desk - all the furishings were in great shape. The breakfast was standard and had a great selection of fresh fruit (this was out all the time not just breakfast) and better cereals - there was no oatmeal which I found strange but the Kashi cereal made up for it! The server was very nice and welcoming. For some reason I did not get housekeeping service after the first night. Made the front desk aware and it was not an issue moving forward. Very easy access to the highway and the University of Richmond area that I was visiting. The fitness center was standard and had small flat screen TVs on the wall in front of each machine - not on the machine but on the wall in front - had one remote to change the channels - so you have to share with the other folks which was not off putting to me but might be to others. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area and will recommed this place to others - in fact I I did while I was visiting. Not sure of the cost per room per night since this was an award stay - hopefully it is reasonable.

Room Tip: The stuido rooms offer a lot of space
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I am a meeting planner, rather than an overnight guest, but I LOVE this hotel. It is my lodging of choice whenever I have an out of town group come in for a business meeting, and my participants have shared very positive comments. All of the front desk staff are unfailingly friendly, and have been prompt to respond to my requests when I have billing questions, an issue with a guest, etc. Sales manager David Becker has looked out for me on numerous occasions to make sure all the logistics are set for my guests' arrival and stay. I always know I am in good hands with him if I need anything or run into any issues.

I recently used the hotel's meeting room for an event and was very happy with the room layout and amenities. The room had a useful sink/kitchenette area; tables and chairs were in ample supply and good condition; and the audiovisual setup was declared by my husband, who is an audiovisual professional, to be one of the best thought-out he had seen in any hotel/conference space.

The property in general is in good condition, fresh and clean, and the decor has an updated vibe. It's convenient to the interstate and near lots of dining and retail choices on the Broad Street business strip.

In short, if you're planning a business event, you can't go wrong here. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My sister and I stay here while visiting my Aunt in the hospital. It was very comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was great. I plan to return to Richmond next month and plan to stay here again. I love the decor, but is very afraid of bringing the toddlers, dont want them to break anything in the lobby or hallwalls near elevators.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay overnight before we made our way to DC the next day. I chose this hotel based on the good reviews I saw on Tripadvisor, and my husband and I were not disappointed. Front desk very friendly. Though the room was small, it was *clean*... which is VERY important to us. It was also in a good location, because it had a few restaurants and fast food places near by. Free continental breakfast was offered, but we did not take advantage of that because the dining area was rather small and full of people. We just hit the Panera Bread and Starbucks instead :-) Oh, and it bath tubs are important to you because of children or what not... They do have not those at this hotel. Only stand up showers, which was totally fine with us. Though we felt the room was just a little over priced, it wasn't insane... We would definitely stay here again if we needed to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
David B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your stay at our new Hampton Inn & Suites hotel! Though our breakfast area is among the area's largest for a select service hotel, there are admittedly times when the guest flow can be congested, especially on a busy morning the exception rather than the rule. Please note that ONLY our standard king bedded rooms have large showers in lieu of bathtubs. Both our rooms with two queen sized beds as well as out king studio rooms have tubs.
L.A. Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

The only reason I did not give our stay an excellent rating is because the front desk clerk did not explain how the room keys function. Be advised that it is a new type of key that you only have to touch to a spot right above the handle to get the door to open. My husband and I are very well traveled and have never seen this before.
Other than that, we were very happy with our stay. The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The free breakfast was terrific and was served in a comfortable and sunny place. We would definitely stay there again.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My family of 5 siblings includes one brother in Richmond - we had a surprise party for him there and several of us stayed at the Hampton Inn. The staff was wonderful! so helpful and friendly and made the whole party experience fantastic. My room was very comfortable - with a mini fridge in the room and great beds. The breakfast was very good and everything very clean and attractive. I would stay here again anytime and highly recommend it. Thanks, Hampton Inn, for being great hosts for my family.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside was our "team" hotel during our daughter's recent weekend soccer tournament in Richmond. The hotel's location is excellent -- right off I-64, with plenty of dining and shopping options nearby. Check-in was easy, and our room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Everything in the room worked well, and anyone over six-feet tall will appreciate the high placement of the shower heads.

The complimentary breakfast was just okay. We went to a nearby McDonald's the second morning of our stay.

The hotel was filled with six or more youth soccer teams, but I don't think the hotel staff had planned adequately. They ran out of coffee both mornings and closed the breakfast bar promptly at 10 a.m., eventhough there were players and family members still looking for something to eat. At the same time, the front desk staff working the weekend didn't seem to have a lot of knowledge of the city and could not provide driving directions with ease.

All in all however, we would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a good place to stay in Richmond. It's a nice property.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your thoughtful review of our new Hampton Inn & Suites hotel! In our efforts to keep the coffee as fresh as possible, we do wait until the current urn is to a certain point prior to starting another. Sometimes in the process a crowd develops and may delplete a certain brew type and that can cause a few minute delay. Our breakfast hours (6 AM - 10 AM) are posted in the hotel and we also make sure our guests are aware of the hours at check-in. Unfortunately some of our guests enjoy our comfortable Hampton beds so much that they may oversleep! Our complimentary business center is off our main lobby, and we have a touch panel monitor in our lobby featuring many area attractions and restaurants along with directions to them which can be picked up in the business center. Please know we appreciate your comments and I have shared them with our department supervisors.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside? Share your experiences!