“Nicest New Hampton I Have Been In” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Nicest New Hampton I Have Been In”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

As a very frequent business traveler, you become expectant of certain qualities in a chain that you do not want to change. Hampton has been doing some decor changes for the last couple of years on their new properties all of which I find for the better while the core room, bed, breakfast and service remain unchanged. This new Hampton has taken the new decor into a newer carpet scheme and lobby. I LOVED IT!

This property is one that adds a few extras that I wish were standard such as mouthwash. The workout facility has just 2 treads but of decent quality along with free weights, fitballs, an elliptical and bike. The pool was nice but outside.

In my semi-frequent trips to this area of Richmond, I am elated to see this property and will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bradfordwoods, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn/Glenside for 2 nights while visiting colleges in the Richmond area. This Hampton Inn was very convenient for visiting Univ. of Richmond (about 5 minutes away), College of Wm. & Mary (1 hour to the east) and UVA (1 hour 15 min to west). The hotel seemed very new and well-appointed. Large comfortable room with 2 queens, clean upscale bathroom with a great shower, large flat-screen TV; comfortable beds and lots of great pillows; complimentary hot breakfast; modern lobby. Check-in was easy and employees very courteous, friendly and helpful making suggestions of where to dine and providing us with several detailed maps of the area. Our room on the 3rd floor was very quiet, and check-out was automatic and flawless. What more could you ask for $116/night? Will definitely return to Hampton Inn on our next trip to Richmond.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here just one night with our son and daughter-in-law while visiting friends in Richmond. What a clean, new and perfect spot for us all. I can't think of a single 'negative' about this hotel. The room was clean and spacious, the hotel quiet and the breakfast great. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in the Glenside section of Richmond.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I loved this brand new hotel with brand new decor. I loved everything about the room and the bed was so comfy. Free hot breakfast with enough variety for everyone. Pool is small but I was there on business so didn't have much use for it. Location was also perfect. There is nothing else to say but I hope my job sends me back that way soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

It's hard to find anything wrong with this fairly new Hampton hotel. We stayed here on our way back from a beach vacation trip in NC, and we were really impressed. The hotel was immaculate, the outdoor pool was great, the rooms were super clean, the beds were incredibly comfortable, and the free hot breakfast was top notch. We hated to leave this hotel. And, it was a great value to boot. Thanks Hampton for making our stay such a wonderful experience. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

First trip to Richmond - a bit surprised how far north of town this is, but hopping on nearby I-64 it's less than a 10-min easy drive. But this is a lovely hotel - very new, quiet, beautiful appointments, excellent service, full hot breakfasts. We had a king suite which was one of the largest hotel rooms we've ever seen. An exceptionally pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Call for AARP rate, stay 3 nites for discount.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We were visitin Richmond on a more sorrow note, my aunts daughter passed away. Never stay in Richmond Hotels before so did alot of searching before booking hotel room. My aunt had warn us to stay away from Uptown due to high prices. I knew the Hampton Inn for alot of good amenties and had stay at one near the Navy Base in Sept 2010. Both visits were outstanding. I have never became a member, because I dont think Im going to stay at an Hampton Inn when I am looking for a hotel, but I may just have to after these last 2 visits to Hampton Inns. I did have 2 bad experiences with Hampton Inn in the past, one in Virginia Beach, Va and the other in Linden NJ. These last 2 visit to Hampton Inn were outstanding and if I visit Richmond again this is were I will be staying. Thanks for having such a beautiful hotel. Our room was on the side of the Interstate and the little noise we heard didnt bother us at all. I did read on this site about the noise from I-95 bother somebodys family, but we couldnt tell and slept so peaceful in those comfortable beds. The hot breakfast was great!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside? Share your experiences!