“Always a great meal” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 1,379 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Formerly Basilis Greek Restaurant/Greek Cuisine. Family operated business, bringing homemade authentic Greek food to Richmond.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Always a great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I try to eat here on at least a monthly basis. The inside is a bit cramped and not the best looking, but the awesome food more than makes up for it. I typically get the gyro and my wife gets the souvlaki, and they both are fantastic. With a combo, instead of fries you can get the soup, which I highly recommend. The desserts are excellent, too. The wait staff are very friendly and the service is fast. I can't say enough good things about this place! Go, go!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Dry lamb on our gyros. Fries were soggy like they have been sitting under a heat lamp. Asked for mayo and it was discolored. There is actually a sign asking you clean your own table.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Potomac, Maryland
“Not fancy, but great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a variety of appetizers and the food was wonderful. The owner served us and even brought us over another small dish for us to try!

Visited December 2012
“New Addiction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Greek cuisine 2 just opened up out by me and I can't get enough! It is run by his wife and she is fantastic. The gyros are the best I have ever had! The hummus plater is perfection and the baklava..... Well, it will make your day! I have gotten take out twice this week and don't see that changing. Greek food has now made it into my top 3 of favorite foods!

Visited June 2013
Stafford, Virginia
“Yum! A great choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Greek Cuisine is one of the many interesting eating options that can be found in Carytown. My wife and I chose GC after taking a quick stroll through the neighborhood where we checked out some of the cool second hand stores, sidewalk musicians, and bike shops. Shout out to Carytown - this neighborhood is awesome and definitely deserves a visit!

I ordered a Gyro sandwich and my wife noshed on a greek salad with chicken - both were outstanding! Unfortunately we didn't have room left for any baklava or tiramisu - they looked good! Friendly staff.

I wasn't surprised to see a bunch of other reviewers who enjoyed their experience here - I think you will too!

• Visited May 2013