“Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Virginia
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

We randomly picked Sullivan's one afternoon for lunch. It was early so the service was okay. There was only one waiter/bartender and one cook so I imagine the wait could get long if there had been more than a few customers. My husband and I both had the tomato basil soup and the small salad with added grilled chicken. The soup was good and the salad was fresh. My husband said his chicken was good but I didn't eat mine because it had a funny fishy taste. I was surprised that the waiter passed by our table a couple times and could clearly see I didn't eat the chicken but never bothered to ask why. In fairness I didn't say anything about it because we were in a hurry and didn't have time to wait for them to cook another piece anyway. The interior is total bar feel, one long bar, a row of high tops and a row of uncomfortably close booths. Overall okay.

• Visited November 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

We went to F.W. Sullivan's and had such a great time that we return about five days later. This is a really cool old-fashioned bar in an area called “The Fan” and there happy hour food and drinks are off the hook. They pour a real drink, and have fantastic appetizers. The service was excellent, the crowd was a cool mixture of coeds and middle agers and the outside patio is perfect for warm nights.

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Service absolutely sucks, and food is mediocre. Go elsewhere.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The service at this place is absolutely abysmal. I have repeatedly given this place (the Haxall location) additional chances, and have continuously been disappointed. The service is so bad, it's almost contemptuous. I have waited forever for my food to come, I have had waiters dump plates off on our table and run away without returning (while I had to go to the hostess stand and dig out silverware for me and my friend), and I have had bartenders stare at me for 15+ minutes (when the place was totally empty) without ever asking me if I wanted something to drink. On top of everything, the menu looks fantastic on its face, but, in reality, the food is fairly bland - absolutely not worth putting up with their horrific service. There are many fantastic restaurants in the Richmond area, so please, please, do not waste your time here. The owner hasn't a freaking clue about how to run a restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Cool place, service ehhhh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Food isn't bad.. The place is in a good location and the restaurant itself has good seating inside or out. The servers here are questionable... One young blonde girl I've had was really attentive. Others seem half drunk.

White Stone, Virginia, United States
“A long lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

F.W. Sullivan's new location on the canal in downtown Richmond opened about three months ago. I recently met two partners there for lunch. We were promptly seated and our drink orders taken. Shortly thereafter our lunch orders were taken, two club sandwiches and a tuna melt. FORTY minutes later the sandwiches arrived. The tuna melt was OK but the club sandwiches had been sitting for awhile as the toasted bread was very cold. They also had run out of coleslaw! While the prices are reasonable the kitchen and wait staff need some serious work.

• Visited March 2014