“Best Indian Food in Town!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lehja is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,273 restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located inside the Town Center underneath Hotel Hyatt House
“Best Indian Food in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have been living in the far West End for about a year, but usually avoid malls, but we were told we should try this restaurant. So, last night we decided it was a slow night for the mall and it would be a good one to try something new. Wow, now we are thinking about how many great Indian meals we missed by waiting! Excellent food prepared fresh, and if you want a dish prepared a certain way, just ask. Since we were not very hungry (or maybe my husband was just saving room for dessert), we shared 3 appetizers. The portions were plenty to share and prepared well. Yes, we did have dessert, a mango creation that was delicious! We also had Chai, made simply with cardamon, ginger and cinnamon. I like a stronger taste of ginger, and I was told next time, just ask and they will prepare it with more ginger for me...and I will!

83% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“No brunch.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've been to Lehja a few times, but not a place I'd call my favorite. I've been to numerous Indian restaurants and this one is definitely different. The food is tasty but over priced. The decor is sleek (not your normal Indian restaurant atmosphere).
We went to the restaurant a few weekends ago for brunch (based on their website, they serve brunch). When we were seated the waiter handed us the lunch menu. We asked him about the brunch menu and he informed us that they don't have it anymore. For such an upscale restaurant you would think they would update their website!!!
There are better Indian restaurants in Richmond, but one is okay.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Great taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have come to Richmond recently and exploring indian restaurants. I am a north indian and like VEG food. We went around 7:30 PM and we were the first indian family there, so we were bit unsure about food. But, I must admit, taste was great .... they have many dishes, not mention in menu and you can order (restaurant owner told us :-)). We ordered Daal Makhani and Panner Makhani. Daal taste was authentic north indian taste. Though, I feel the food price is on higher side. Overall, me and my family was very happy to be there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have been reading recent reviews and I wonder why everyone says it is so good. Yes the first few times I came here with my family it was good. But the last time I came here it was the worst experience ever. I came here with my friends and our daughters since one of my friends was moving to Northern VA. The food was ok, except when I found a bug in my food! I complained to manager and he offered us to pay nothing and I forgot if we accepted that offer or not (we likely did). Scary experience for me, and I will not come back here again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Va
“...don't know what to order.??.. Just ask the waiter...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love Indian food...but still have hard time with what to order. No prob at Lehja. Waiter took us through the menu...asked the right questions...led us to a perfect lunch. Recommend the Taj 22oz beer for two....will definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012