“Didn't care for their humor” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 58 Activities in Richmond
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Audience member solve a comedy murder mystery while enjoying a four course dinner. The dinner is served by a zany cast of characters who all the while are providing clues to help you solve the evening's crime. You guess whodunit!
5 attraction reviews
“Didn't care for their humor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went to this show to celebrate my birthday and I was very disappointed with the food, show, and humor of the actors. It actually borderlined on offensive, as several racial references got laughs but I found them out of order. I would not recommend the show.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“kids stuff bad food was cold!! salad one layer on plate and 1/2 tomato !! never go there again !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

my do they not know how to put on a real play??
Amateur stuff acting has lots to be desired.
The room for a play was nothing to look at.
NEVERagain!!!

Visited October 2012
Mechanicsville, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
“Good food; fun time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very entertaining and engaging; I loved the way the actors interacted with the audience both while serving and during the performance.

Visited March 2012
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“"A Night to Remember!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Mystery Dinner Playhouse was awesome! I've attended one a few years back and always wanted to go to one again. The food was excellent with the acting was very funny and interactive. My girlfriend now my fiancé, always wanted to attend a Mystery Dinner and has never been to one. So I called a week prior to the date of the event to set up a surprise to propose to my girlfriend. It was amazing! The whole staff made the proposal part of the actual play and my fiancé had no clue! It was so perfectly planned that I even had a guest ask me if I really proposed or if it was part of the show...lol! My finance also won, solving the mystery case. They made that night so special for us; from the seating arrangement, the interaction, to that incredible moment that I proposed. I definitely recommend this show to anyone. Not simply because they made that night special for me and my finance, but because of the quality and wonderful entertainment of the staff and the professional setup of the mystery dinner show as a whole. If you have never been to one...this is a must do! Thank you so much to the whole staff for going above and beyond and making that evening "A Night to Remember!"

Visited June 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
“SLF8888”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The acting was awful and the food was disgusting I could have killed someone with the steak it was like a hockey puck and the beer was hot.

Visited June 2012