“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I am a Lifetime Platium with one of your competitor. My Family and I have enjoyed this week because first the room was very clean, second your staff was very, very friendly and Professional. The Hostess "Doreen" at Shula's made us very welcome. We are here because of medical emergency and will be back. Thanks for making us feel welcome .

Room Tip: A high quality place to stay. great atmosphere with friendly staff
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Fred B,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. Doreen is indeed our Service Champion and it gives me great pleasure to see her hospitality recognized by discerning travelers such as youself!

You have my sincere gratitude for your endorsements and I look forward to welcoming you soon should your travels bring you back to Richmond.

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel is very clean and modern. I had no problems checking in and the front desk workers were very helpful. My room was clean and bigger than I expected to be, no problem there. The room even had an HDMI cable that I could, which was nice when my husband and I wanted to watch Netflix. Room service had a good selection to choose from, we enjoyed our breakfast very much. The only problem I came across was with the spa. I went to the website and requested for a service but was never contacted saying that my request had been accepted, that is until they called saying that I was late for my appointment. When I went down to the spa for my service, I didn't even get the service that I had requested.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Heather F,

Thank you for taking time to share insights and comments from your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am very sorry to learn that your Spa experience fell short of your expectations. Such feedback serves as a true reminder never to rest on our laurels.

At your convenience I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at 804-364-3600. Thank you so much.
New Bern, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

There was some kind of convention there of college kids. We were ground-zero for a three-room party which lasted past midnight. The manager came up twice and then the police were called. Hilton compensated us well (changed our room the next day, gave us breakfast, etc.). We were treated very well and they apologized a great deal. I've never had such a great response from a hotel manager. Will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Lea H,

Thank you for taking time to share insights and comments from your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. I can appreciate your frustration at being unable to get restful sleep especially when you are attending a conference. I do apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your candor while you were at our hotel.

The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa strives for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am glad you noticed their efforts in turning things around for you. Rest assured, I will be reviewing your concerns with our entire team and be certain that they are addressed to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is beautiful, the food is great and the staff was very friendly and courteous. We were celebrating a birthday and the front desk and Shula's went out of their way to make sure that it was special.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Nancy B,

Thank you so much for your glowing remarks about the Team at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. They are a wonderful example of our culture and to be recognized for it is quite gratifying. I am excited to share your review with them.

We look forward to be a part of many such celebrations in your life and creating long lasting memories for you. Come back soon!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I travel about 40 plus weeks a year for work. I typically stay at another "brand" of hotel. The Hilton Richmond has me thinking about a possible switch. Amazing service. Super clean. Wonderful rooms. All in all - an amazing hotel. Thanks Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa for making the start of a long travel week relaxing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Educational-consult,

Thank you very much for not only staying with us but also for the very nice title of your review " 5 Star Retreat". It is indeed our Team that makes it all happen with their stellar service and I appreciate the points you brought out for our readers to enjoy. Please come back soon to your new home in Richmond! I look forward to it.
Chalfont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Each time I travel in the Staple Mills area I feel welcome by the front desk workers who are friendly, polite and very professional. This hotel is centrally located to many restaurants and a great mall.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Ailena S Mrs H,

I hope you are doing well back home! Wow! I thank you so much for the high praises, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of the entire Hilton Richmond Team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and efficient yet friendly Staff. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our stellar services and unbeatable location to other travelers. We are pleased to be your home away from home in Richmond and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
christiansburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

the staff here goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. the food in the lounge exceeded my expectations. they offer a great breakfast buffet. i noticed they were also pet friendly. this is good to know, as i often travel with my dog. will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Kelli B,

Thank you taking the time to share great feedback from your stay. You truly experienced the beauty, charm and genuine warmth of the Hilton culture. The Staff, as you noted, are what make Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa who we are. I'm so excited to learn that you noticed and enjoyed their upbeat service. Thank you for recognizing our undefeated Shula's Steakhouse & Lounge.

We take pride in being a pet friendly hotel and the Staff goes great lengths to take the hassle out of traveling with your beloved pals and make it less worry and more fun!

Come back soon and often for some new memories!

Been to Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump? Share your experiences!