“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This review is long over due as I stayed at the Hilton Short Pump nearly every week for a year while traveling to Richmond for business. During my stays the hotel staff has made me feel at home and I received the same excellent service that I have come to expect from Hiltons. I have always felt my rooms were clean and well maintained. The workout room is nice, with free weights and newer machines (4 treadmills, elipticals, bike). Though I never used the pool, hot tub, or spa, the facilities looks to be very nice. On the weekends I ate breakfast in Shula's which was always a good experience and the staff were very well trained. I also used the executive lounge on a daily basis and the service, food, and drinks at both breakfast and "dinner" were very good. I have consistently traveled for business over the last 6 years and this is definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed with during my time on the road. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay in the greater Richmond area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Christiansburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've made multiple stays at this hotel. Great location, great staff, well maintained and generally quiet and comfortable. Location is convenient to a variety of stores including the large Short Pump mall. Many restaurant choices in the area and Shula's Steakhouse on site. Both indoor and outdoor parking without extra charge. Executive floor has a great breakfast and a nice evening cocktail hour.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Washington DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in around the Richmond area, but they use those dim, blue-white flourescent bulbs in the guest rooms so I won't stay again. I find them creepy and depressing. Sunday breakfast buffet was a disastor, wonderful staff but pushed beyond what anyone could do. Holiday weekend, which might have compounded problem. Probably a great business hotel, a raelly beautiful facility otherwise and spotlessly mainatined.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Roanoke, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I highly recommend the Short Pump Hilton. If you stay at the property, you must go visit Leo in the executive lounge. It is worth any price or points upgrade. Best lounge in all of Hilton properties!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went there for the Romance Package with in room breakfast. Didn't tell us how to use the vouchers to get in room breakfast. We order on our own, they did not charge to the room and asked for cash or credit card. The steak was rotten and smelled terrible in the steak and egg breakfast. Requested a late check out when we arrived and were approved. They didn't put it in the system so housekeeping knocked on our door twice and then we called asking if we requested a late check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We are never happy to read a reveiw such as this one from one of our guests. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced. This visit wasn’t reflective of the high standards of customer service that we’ve set and is certainly not an example of what customers have come to expect here at the Hilton. All of your comments have been shared with the approriate departments in order to address these opportunities. From your previous reviews, we can see that you enjoy travelling. We are going to make every effort possible to ensure that any future guest wil share in this enjoyment when visiting us here at the Hilton Short Pump Spa.
Goochland, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was not impressed with my stay at this Hilton. They charged me $170 for a five hour stay. I was going to stay an extra night but not after they gouged me with prices like that. I went to the hotel because it was the middle of a snowstorm and I wanted to get a shower and some rest. I arrived about 4AM and checked out at 10AM. Their complimentary breakfast was a joke with just minor food choices. I wrote and complained about the service and received an email offering me a spa basket. I don't want gratuities.If you are looking for an outlandish place to stay and spend a lot of money for a bed and shower, this is your place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
It is disappointing when a guest leaves and feels they did not have their expectations met nor does it reflect the high standards of customer service that we set. While we never like to read that one of our guests has experienced poor service, we are always grateful for the feedback so that we may address the issues with our managers and team members. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced. In the furture I hope we can have the opportunity to show you what our service truly is.

Thank you for sharing your story with us
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Spent a weekend night at this hotel after finding it on the internet. Do NOT understand some of the negative reviews. This hotel appears brand new. Fantastic location seconds from mall, restaurants, other services and a short drive to downtown Richmond. Lobby is modern and spacious and elegant with a Shula's steakhouse and bar and Starbucks within. Key-only elevator access to our HHonors floor was a nice security feature. Halls looked like they were straight out of a luxury brand with plush carpeting and tile. Our room was spacious, spotless, and very comfortable. Again the room appeared like new as did the rest of the hotel. Granite and tile bathroom with a spacious glassed-in shower and Kohler fixtures as well as spa grade amenities were impressive. The Hilton bed did not disappoint and the Frette linens were nice. Modern, high quality LCD TV. In-room refrigerator. Plush carpet. Spacious desk work area. Complimentary wireless access. The staff were professional, courteous, and accommodating throughout our stay. They even valet parked our vehicle on the house overnight due to a parking jam caused by a large function. What's not to love about this facility? A must-stay in Richmond area at a real bargain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to hear how you feel about our hotel. We strive to provide not just a hotel stay but an experience for our guests. If we can be of assistance to you in the future please let us know.

Best regards, Steve Knedall General Manager

Been to Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump? Share your experiences!