“Awesome” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
klelmore
“Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here many times and will always stay here when coming to Richmond. Love the executive floor and lounge. Love the Buffett. Love the service. Easy to check in and out. Great location. Never had a bad experience here very reliable.

• Stayed October 2012

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days for business trip in September. The hotel is very close to the Short Pump mall and is pretty easy to find just off West Broad st with easy access to the main highways. The welcome was very nice and professional and every day when you leave the hotel and return you get a very nice greeting.

The room itself was very nice, well furnished and decorated and very clean. The maid service was great and the daily room clean was great. The restaurant in the hotel was a bit expensive for that area. Great for steaks and so on but there are better options close by which were much cheaper. I only had the hotel breakfast one day and overall I would say it was good and pretty decent value for what you get.

The fitness facilities were ok, not a huge amount of equipment but to be honest it was pretty empty most of the time so it was never an issue. The pool was pretty small. It did have a spa there but I went in a couple of times and I never saw anybody there, so didn't get to try the service.

The one thing I absolutely loved about the hotel were the beds! One of the comfiest hotel beds I have ever stayed in and so it was a great place to stay for that reason.

So overall a good hotel in a convenient location.

Stayed September 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed one night recently at this hotel. Nice place, friendly staff upon arrival. Booked into room 703 and upon entering the room was overwhelmed with the stench of old cigarette smoke. Disgusting. It permeated everything in the room and was simply overbearing.

I went to the front desk to ask for a room change, they didn't comply due to being "full." Not sure how truthful that was, not a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 701-703 (and I believe similarly numbered room on different floors [#01-#03]) if...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonRichmond, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here overnight in August during a business trip. Check-in was fast and the staff was very customer service focused. The room was spotless with a nice chair/ottoman, large flat screen TV, and a king size extremely comfortable bed. The manager even called to make sure all was ok and to see if I needed a wakeup call. The most amazing part was the wakeup call actually occurred which is extremely rare. Breakfast in the restaurant the next morning was also outstanding! Great stay and will definitely be back for my next stay in Richmond.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bluffton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was excited to stay at this well-reviewed hotel, and was even ready to pony up the $50 pet fee without complaint, but ended up being a little disappointed. I think this is the first really critical feedback I have given.
We showed up late on a Friday, checked in, and then went to the bar. A bunch of wedding guests were there, and the bar tender was a little... distracted. We were happy to learn that yes, the kitchen was still open; when we ordered 10 minutes later, the kitchen was apparently closed. No worries. We went to upstairs to order room service. The late-night pickings are slim, but we were ok with two $11 BLTs. The lady only brought one so I explained mix up. She brought me another ice-cold BLT pretty quickly, but the second $3 "delivery fee" did chap my cheeks.
I found a necklace and some pill wrappings in the bathroom.
The "Starbucks experience" means a wait in line if you would just like a granola bar.
Overall, the facility looked nice, had a large enough pool, a well-planned bathroom, and had a weight room with good cardio machines. The beds are comfortable and I found that the room was quiet and that the curtains made the room quite dark.
Honestly, I will probably stay here again because they take dogs, and it is close to some relatives. My advice for now, though, consider eating/drinking at some of the nearby restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HiltonRichmond, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the challenges you had with the late night order. I will certainly use your feedback as a training tool for my team to ensure that all of our guests receive outstanding service.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss your stay more thoroughly as I take all feedback very seriously.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Great experiences here in good old SP. New hotel, new shopping area just next door, and this facility is right there.

Shula's is fantastic and you get what you pay for, so to speak, then the spa was very nice, clean, had a deep tissue 1-1/2 hour massage. First Class operation all around.
The facilities are all brand new, the parking is super-convenient, and the rooms and meeting space were all top-notch.
Would stay there as much as possible if given a choice.

• Stayed August 2012
Wow! What a great compliment! Thank you so much for your kind words and praise about our hotel. We are very proud of the service that we provide and hearing your feedback is very appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

California, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night. While we didn't travel far to get there we were a hot, cranky couple by the time we checked in. Check in was pleasant enough but when we went to the coffee shop (I was a little surprised that there wasn't complimentary coffee in the lobby like in other Hilton Hotels) to get a coffee and some asprin the girl at the register had a hard time operating the register and couldn't figure out how to charge our room for our items and I think somethings got lost in translation as her English was not the greatest. Then we got into the elevator and couldn't figure out why we weren't going anywhere. My husband and I are smart people really, but wasn't ready or looking for an "insert key here slot" and had to learn the hard way that you must insert a key for each floor you wish to access (hopefully your party is all on the same floor.) While from a security aspect makes sense but from the perspective of the hot, cranky and desperately in need of a cooling shower not so much.

Once we got into our room we were pleased. It was gorgeous. The bed was so comfortable and the everything was nice and clean. The glass doors on the shower were nice but I almost felt like they made the bathroom too crowded. The turn down service is a nice touch but they only turn the comforter down not the top sheet. Bring your own pillow though because the ones they have are half the size of a regular pillow and you wake up w/ a crick in your neck the next morning. (Why don't hotels have real pillows anymore???)

We went out for the evening and when we came back the front parking lot was full which was to be expected since it was pretty late when we came back but as we were rounding the side of the hotel we discovered the parking garage. Since only 2 other cars had found it we had a pretty good spot close to the elevator (which by now we knew to use or keycard to get to our floor.)

Don't waste your time w/ the in-room coffee makers. such a pain and the paltry amount of sugars and creamers won't be enough if both of you use them. The breakfast buffet was slightly better than ok. The omelet was AMAZING and the woman who made it was very nice and friendly. I would love the recipe for the french toast it was yummy too but after that it went downhill quick. The sausage/bacon and potatoes were cold and I was glad that they had the omelets because not everyone likes eggs w/ cheese (why cant they add the cheese on to hot eggs instead of assuming everyone likes cheese???) I couldn't find any bowls for my fruit so I had to pile it on my plate w/ everything else.

So really I would give this hotel a 3 and 3/4 but I didn't have that option so I rounded up.

Room Tip: The higher up, as always the better views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonRichmond, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate all of the perspectives our guests have regarding their experiences and will certainly use your feedback to help improve the experience for future guests.

Devin Heath

Been to Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump? Share your experiences!