“Date night out ...Dinner and drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's America's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 33 Coffee & Tea in Richmond
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Broad Street
Description: Shula's Steak House is the classic American steakhouse. Our restaurant is themed after 1972's Undefeated Miami Dolphins and their "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season 17-0. The SHULA CUT is Premium Black Angus Beef that has to meet 10 science based specifications, which exceed the standards of USDA Prime. One of the featured entrees is the 48 oz Porterhouse. Those who finish it join Shula's 48-Ounce Club, which currently has more than 34,600 members. In addition to exceptional steaks, Shula's offers fresh seafood, lamb porterhouses daily and prime rib on the weekends. We also offer an award-winning wine list featuring a variety of selections to make your dining experience a perfect one. Experience fine dining at its best with steak and seafood dishes. Enjoy a casual atmosphere in lounge with the full menu along with your favorite burgers and sandwiches. Shula's continues to cater "Perfect" group functions and dinners in our private dining rooms. For additional information about reservations, Corporate and Social group Functions, Rehearsal Dinners, Presentations, Seminars, or Dining Experiences, please contact: Meredith Wright Business Development Manager. Make your reservation today through OpenTable.
Chester, Virginia
“Date night out ...Dinner and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went to Shula's last night... Overall It was a nice dinner/drinks date night.. Staff was very helpful and answered any questions we had about the menu...Restaurant was attractively decorated.. I had the crab cakes and they were very good.. creamed spinach, potatoes and asparagus were our sides... I liked them all except the asparagus which were not completely cooked...My husband is the cook in our house and even he thought they were done somewhat weird.. oh well.. so what... His steak was good..... He liked the house salad and I had the lobster bisque.. The bisque was okay, not great just okay.. We finished off with some key lime pie and I thought that was pretty good..overall a very nice evening out.. it is somewhat pricey so you may want to go for a special occasion, but overall a very nice meal. My white sangria martini was very good..We would go back in the future for another meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gina A, General Manager at Shula's America's Steak House, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner here at Shula's Steak house.

I do apologize about the asparagus not being cooked to your husband's liking. And I hope that the situation was addressed and/or resolved before the end of your dinner.

I am also sorry to hear that the lobster bisque was not great. It's a change we certainly would hope to make in the future, but it's not as simple as it may sound. The change, if any, would have to be approved and made throughout the entire company throughout all of the locations.

I want our guests to be completely satisfied with everything here at Shula's and the asparagus is certainly an easy fix. The bisque on the other hand, well, that may take some time.

I certainly thank you for your review and taking the time to leave us your comment. It is appreciated.

Have a great week. Hope to see you back at Shula's real soon.

Jackson Heights, New York
“Typical steak house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you are looking for a typical business dinner, this would do it for you. It is in a beautiful Hilton Hotel building and would be great for dining a client. But if you are looking to go out with colleagues for a laid back evening, skip it. Although the wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable, the restaurant is dark and not very inviting. You need a flashlight to see the menu and as with most steak restaurants, with everything a la carte, you can run up quite a tab. There are far more brighter, fun restaurants in the Richmond area than this one.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your thoughts and comments which help us to be able to cater to guests on their needs and wants.

Yes, there are far more restaurants with that type of feel, and by all means we all like to have those types of nights. Although we are more on the quiet side, with ambience and lightning, I agree, we are far from a loud and upbeat establishment.

At Shula's Steak House we try to cater to guests who are looking for a quiet dinner where it is cozy and extravagant. Maybe for a special date night or celebration, dinner rehearsals or simply for a great steak.

We certainly do hope to be able to host you again in the near future whenever you finds yourself in Richmond again.

Thanks for your time. Have a great week!

Pace, Florida
“One of Our Favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have dined at Shula's at least twice a year since it opened at Short Pump. The relaxing atmosphere and attentive service have been as consistent as their expertly prepared steaks. Our most recent visit was to celebrate my husband's retirement. Seated in one of the intimate booths, we started with cocktails: martini for him and a mojito for me. Both were refreshing and well made. While nibbling on the addictive bread and butter we decided upon our appetizers and entrees. Husband enjoyed his Caesar salad with fresh, chopped romaine and a creamy dressing. My lobster bisque was smooth and luxurious. We both ordered one of the specials that evening - bone-in filet of beef with bearnaise sauce, perfectly cooked and mouth watering. The huge twice baked potato was also very good. To accompany our meal, we splurged on an Antinori Tignanello - it was a special occasion! - that was wonderful. We shared the Creme Brulee Trio for dessert. Our favorite flavor was the Grand Marnier. Josh and James provided friendly, professional service. Yes Shula's is expensive but it is consistently delicious.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gina A, General Manager at Shula's America's Steak House, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review. I am always thrilled to hear when someone has thoroughly enjoyed their dining experience. It's great to read good reviews and be able to share them with my team.

We review comments that guests leave and use them as a learning tool for staff members to see. Whether we may be lacking in something or how we are doing well. And this is one that will boost morale here at the workplace with my team members. We take pride in our food, service and guests that love and enjoy Shula's Steak House.

We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Rawlins, Wyoming
“Shula's Steak House - Excellent Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The dining experience was delightful: experienced, professional wait staff, delicious food and drinks, beautiful presentation. Atmosphere very appealing, soothing music.

Visited May 2013
It's a good feeling knowing that guests leave happy with a smile on their faces. I want to thank you for your review and shining light on how great the service and food was during your visit.

It's always good, not only to share negative feedback but positive ones as well. I will be sure to share this with my team and let them know that they are doing a fine job both server staff and to the chef and his team as well.

Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Herndon, Virginia
“Should have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I ordered prime rib for $41. It was a large cut but unless you can eat fast it gets cold and cold prime rib doesn't taste good. Everything is ala carte so dinner for one is at least $50 plus drinks. The sourdough bread was good. I thought the whole experience was just average and worth half the price. I have had better food at Logan's Roadhouse. Not someplace I will go to again and definitely not a family restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I am so sorry you felt this way about your dining experience. If you feel that it was just okay, maybe we may have missed something. There is always room for improvement.

If you don't mind, why or what exactly made you feel like the experience you had was just an average one? Can you elaborate? If you would, so kindly share a few details with us, we will definitely work on the necessary changes so that we can improve our services and be better.

We have high standards and a very thorough training program to be able to give the best service and the best food we can possibly give. I do hope that you can help us out in the areas you felt needed improvement or attention to. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you.