“Delicious lunch and great prices !” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #236 of 1,410 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Reservations, Takeout
Stafford VA
“Delicious lunch and great prices !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Just got back from Richmond Virginia where I met a friend for shopping and lunch. The food at The Greek Islands was great. My friend had the baked spaghetti lunch special which included a salad or soup, wonderful homemade rolls and a drink for $7.95. She loved it and took half of the spaghetti home because she just couldn't eat anymore. I had the manicotti which was not on special, so I paid a little bit more. My manicotti came with a salad or soup and the rolls for $8.95 The drink was not included, but was only $1.65....very reasonable by todays standards. Delicious food and very prompt service by Kim, our friendly server. A great experience ! I will be back and want to try the dinners as well.

• Visited November 2011

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Greek gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Excellent food, reasonable prices, excellent service. Always clean and friendly atmosphere. I visit frequently, and have never had anything I did not enjoy. Some of the negative reviews were obviously written by people with negative lives. If you want good food, good people visit this restaurant.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Although we live over 50 miles away we've been to the Greek Islands at least a half dozen times. Food and service and value have always been great. The bread they serve with dinner is perhaps our favorite of any restaurant anywhere! Dolmades (stuffed grape leaves), spanakopita (spinach & cheese filled pastries, and baked spaghetti are among our favorites. OOPAH!

• Visited October 2011
Richmond, Virginia
“Food was good but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Food was good but the waitress was a smack in the face. This lady was really nuts - very rude in her manner of speaking, cuts you off when you talk and speaks over you. She assumes that people don't have common courtesy to let the women order first as she states firmly each and every time a new customer orders, ladies first - but not in the way you'd expect.

The bread was delicious, the pasta was mediocre in general the food was good but due to the service - no more greek islands for us.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Delicious food, however”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This is the second time that I've taken my family to Greek Island. The first time it was not busy, however the food was very good. The sister of the owner was the only one available during my first visit and she was not pleasant at all. When I go to restaurants if the food is not good and the service is not good I usually never return.

I decided to give the place another chance and I was very hungry tonight. My server was not good she did not come to my table but to bring the food and take the tip. I had to motion to her to come over to us. In the interim, the owner came over and she was very nice. I felt welcomed with her coming over taking care of me. Unfortunately, the sister was there again and she still was not pleasant. Maybe it was just me and my family. She greeted most people and walked right past me. If the sister of the owner does not know how to greet everyone she needs to get out of the business. Restaurants should have people in them working up front that are friendly to everyone. The food that the owner sugested to me was very good. But, I'm not sure if I will continue to go to a business that all of the owners are not welcoming. The owner is fabulous.

• Visited August 2011