“Great hotel high price for the area” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Evabs, United States
“Great hotel high price for the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel once/twice a year since it was first built. Although the price has increased, the quality of the hotel has declined with age. The breakfast is the standard hotel hot bar. It is much better than hunting somewhere to eat near this particular exit on I-95. The pool is wonderful for children - the deepest area is less than five foot. It is also indoors and heated. Although this hotel sits right off the highway, it is relatively quiet throughout the night. The age of the hotel is starting to show in that the elevators groan, the wall coloring is drab/faded, and the appearance of the room is stale. For the price, I expected to see a more updated room or extra's provided somewhere. (The price jumped nearly $50. per night over our stay last year)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
We greatly appreciate your loyalty with the property and I am so happy to know that every time you stay with us you have had a memorable experience. I want you to know that your feedback is extremely important and we will revisit the options for pricing the next time you are in the area. The property is now at 5 years and as far as the product is concerned I have personally made sure the property is kept up to brand standards. Any further renovations required are always met. Hampton Inn over the years has been known to be the first product in the market to come up with innovative ideas and updates. So yes we are extremely proud of it.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We made last minute reservations on a holiday weekend for a softball tournament and were completely satisfied with the experience. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the breakfast was your typical hotel buffet breakfast. I was a little worried about the semi industrial neighborhood and the hotel's back facing I-95, but we were not disturbed by any road noise at all. There are a few fast food places immediately nearby and more just a short drive away. With a softball player, the guest laundry was appreciated! If we need a hotel in the area in the future, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at the Hampton Inn Richmond South.
We are very happy to know that you had a memorable stay and your kind comments regarding our staff and services is greatly appreciated.Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back!!
Norwalk, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Hotel was clean, quiet and breakfast was fine, only negative was my check in experience, the receptionist did not make me feel welcome, had my check in experience been pleasant I would definitely have written a much better review and enjoyed my stay. AARP members, despite the Hilton listing a 10% discount for members, I was informed by the receptionist that they do not offer discounts .... be forewarned!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that your stay with us did not match your expectations of a Hampton Inn has to offer

I have investigated the details of your observations and I would like to clarify that we do offer AAA and AARP discounts on a regular basis. The night that you were traveling the discount was not available. This should have been explained to you by our receptionist.
I apologize the room rate was not available to you and was not informed to you upon check in.
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in future to impress you with our service standards.Thank you once again.
Best regards,
fairfax county, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great hotel to stay at. The room was clean. the bed was so comfortable I was able to get a good nights sleep. Staff was great. There was also places open late surrounding the hotel if you arrive late and need something to eat .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The laundry service has delayed returning my clothes by a full day on both occasions that I have used them. I would not recommend using them unless they change the service providor. The Hotel Staff are not at fault, it's an outside service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Baytown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great facility and staff! Warm welcome and easy to get through check in. The room was very comfortable and clean. Good WiFi for working while in the room. Bathroom size and features made me feel at home. The work out room was nicely equiped but could use a free weight bar and plates for the bench, but that is just a personal preference thing really for me. Nice pool which I will try out on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are very happy to know that you had a memorable stay and your kind comments regarding our staff and services is greatly appreciated. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back!!!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Was traveling the road with the family and driving late into the night. This is located just south of Richmond and is well lit and well maintained. We booked two rooms which were well maintained and clean. In the morning we ate the buffer breakfast which was fine and then were quickly back on the road which is less than a mile away (more like a few hundred yards)

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!