“Very nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
ric
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was a little apprehensive about booking in the Bells Rd. area. Not the best. However my husband had an appointment at the VA so it was the closest. What a pleasant surprise! Such a nice greeting from the gentleman at the front desk. Our room was very clean and nice. We awoke to a dusting of snow covering the grass...beautiful! We had breakfast the next morning in an open and spacious room, newly decorated. The lady attending was wonderful. She stayed busy the whole time I was down (close to an hour) and kept the room clean and prepped. If I had a complaint it would be that I was subjected to CNN for that hour. Thank goodness I had my own reading material.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hearing from a happy guest makes our day and you have shown with your kind words that my staff took good care of you and family during your recent stay.We love having you here and hope to host you again in the near future.

Clement

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Needham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel does not have any suites. Our room was terrible. The shower was full of mildew, The toilet paper holder was loose on the wall, and their remedy was to stuff toilet paper around it as a repair, the refrigerator was wobbly, the desk light didn't work and most disgusting, pillow cases were used, stained and dirty,

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies regarding your experiences during your recent stay.This is not who,we are and unfortunately,this experience may have left a very bad taste about us.The only way to correct this is by giving us another chance.I am very sorry and I hope you find a moment of your busy schedule to call me before you make another visit to our area.I will guarrantee you a 100% satisfaction.
Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Friendly staff, beautiful room. Quiet and clean. Excellent internet service. Staff responds immediately. Workout room excellent. Clean, easy to get to from rt 95. Convenient parking with a restaurant immediately across the road. There is only so much you can say about something but this program demands 200 character minimum. so let me finish by saying I will try to choose Hampton Inn's for my hotel stay from now on. Praise the Lord and keep Him in your heart., Rev. Perry

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Happy New year and truly very glad to hear the kind words regarding your stay.We love having you here.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I originally had a reservation at the Candlewood Suites across the street, but it failed my standards of cleanliness. So I checked into the Hampton Inn across the street, all within in a hour and a half of arriving in VA. I was extremely pleased from the moment I walked in. The colors of purple and lime are very bright and welcoming, as well as the staff. This hotel has a very modern look, the cookies were delicious, and the breakfast was great. The rooms are large, clean, and they have direct tv. When Im in the area again, this will be my hotel of choice. There isn't anything around the hotel to eat, but thats not there fault.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
We are very pleased because you very comfortable and satisfied with your stay.We love having you here.

Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very nice and new hotel. Full access to all Directv channels on a nice LCD TV. Very comfortable bed with lots of pillows. The room also has a fridge and microwave, so that was an extra bonus. I also liked the fact that it was a full shower and not a tub/shower.
The only downside is there is nothing around the hotel, so you have to drive 10-20 minutes to eat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Having you stay with us was all joy.We look forward to meeting you again.Join us in our morning breakfast when next you are in Richmond.

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel's location is great for easy access to/from I95. It's also right next to Philip Morris hdq. We had a quiet room (not exterior sound and no sound from the in-room HVAC) with a good shower. Breakfast was great. However, the only non-fast food place to eat is across the street at a competing hotel and that restaurant is fair to midling.

Room Tip: Room 410 no noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your family and we love having you stay at our beautiful hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I drive I-95 quite a bit and frequently stop for the night in Richmond, VA I stopped at this Hampton for the first time a week ago. It's very nice, very clean, friendly staff, comfy room, good internet all the things you need for a good nights rest on the go

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are truly honored to have you and your family stay with us.Please come.We love having you here.

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!