“wonderful getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64 to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mcgaheysville
“wonderful getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

This hotel is very clean with updated decor. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. We will stay again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

This hotel was ok. I expected more considering it had so many good reviews on tripadvisor. I usually stay at the Wingate by Wyndham in Glen Allen when visiting Richmond. On this visit I decided to try the Country Inn instead because the rate was a little cheaper for the weekend. Upon checking in, I realized I'd made a mistake, I should have stayed at the Wingate. The rooms at the Wingate are larger, cleaner, and quieter. From now on, I will stay at the Wingate.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
mayushmehta, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

I do apologize about the fact that we did not meet your expectations. I would love to discuss this matter personally with you to see what we can do gain your favorability. We care greatly about guest satisfaction and I would like to show you that we can meet or exceed your expectation during a future visit.

Mayush Mehta
allen park, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed there Thurs thru Sat 2/17-19, & it was quiet, comfortable & had a very nice selection of food at breakfast . Very clean .
The only thing disappointing was the jacuzzi was closed for maintenance our entire stay .

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed here when in town for a friend's wedding and had looked through the reviews for a number of budget hotels in Richmond on Trip Advisor. I'm glad we took other people's advice and booked at the Country Inn & Suites on Broad St. The facility was very cheery, bright and the room had nice furniture and great bedding. The exercise room and pool were a nice unexpected surprise as well. All of these things were leaps and bounds better than any other hotel in this price range. It is really a great value! The only area were I could see room for improvement would be the breakfast buffet. There's definitely a buffet and the variety is good but the quality is not so great. It offered fruit, for example, but only a browning banana and apples smaller than I had ever seen. But other than this small item, it's really a great hotel and I'd highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Riley, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

The hotel is average and clean with descent rates. The first time I stayed here I was checked in by a receptionist who seemed to have a strong lack of enthusiasm. The room was clean as expected and I got a good nights sleep. However when I came to check out I told the receptionist(the same one from the night before) that I wanted to pay with cash, but she had already run my card. She told me she didn't know how to reverse it and that she would have to get a manager to fix it. Normally things like this don't bother me, but I have worked at two different hotels and this is not a proper practice. You are supposed to confirm the form of payment before finalizing anything and once your credit card is charged it can take 7-10 days for a refund to go through. When I got home I did call a manager and speak with her. She offered me a discount for my next stay. The next time I arrived I told the receptionist, the same one from my first stay, about the discount I was supposed to receive and the name of the manager who offered it to me. The receptionist told me she could not give me the discount and that she didn't have the phone number of that specific manager....yeah right.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

This was our 2nd time at this hotel, it was just as good as last year. The room was very clean as well as the bathroom, bed very comfortable. The rates are cheaper than most other hotels in the area. Location very good just off Broad St, right behind Hooters.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

My husband's wrestling team needed to travel to Richmond for a match. This was the second time we've stayed in this particular hotel, and have already booked rooms for our State tournament. I was proud of our team's behavior during our stay, but it reflected the way we were treated by the staff. The rooms were all very clean (all 8 rooms); the beds VERY comfortable; the exercise room adequate; bathrooms were nice with plenty of towels; and the rooms seemed well insulated (we didn't notice any hall noise). They were gracious to have breakfast early for us to allow us to get to our tournament on time. You do need to watch for signs carefully, but this is a sign worth looking for!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64? Share your experiences!