“Most comfortable & relaxing stay in a long time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64 to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8010 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23294   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
SpecialK55
“Most comfortable & relaxing stay in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

This was my first stay with this chain, and I was very pleased. The room was quiet, clean, and spacious (with separate living areas, kitchenette, and bedroom with door). The shower was placed high enough for someone over 6'2", staff were very pleasant and helpful I slept great and felt refreshed for my day.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I missed the small sign for the hotel on the first pass and the hotel was behind a strip mall or something commercial. Not scenic by any means but not too hard to get around. I was just looking for a quiet night's sleep before the Richmond marathon and I got it. Nice room. Flat screen TV but the cable wasn't HD. Noisy flushing toilets but I couldn't hear them in other rooms. I had prepaid and this was the first place that didn't ask for a credit card for any charges/damages. I checked in and they handed me a key with barely a word, same thing at checkout--which was fine, before 6am I'm not chatty. They had free internet but it was really slow. You could pay for increased speed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Chambersburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel is located very convenient to the downtown Richmond area. There are also a lot of restaurant in the vicinity of the hotel. We have three small children and the suite was a good size for our family. It is also nice to have a pool to let the kids burn some energy before bedtime.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

A great, comfortable, very affordable stay at the Country Inn. The room was immaculate, comfortable, and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed having the pool and while the "fitness center" was nothing more then two treadmills and an eliptical at least it was something. I would have prefered staying right in downtown Richmond where my daughter goes to school but at half the price it was worth the 12 minute drive. The only negative is that it is a bit tricky to find as there are no big signs. Use your GPS or get really good directions from Rt 64. All in all a great place and one to which I would return.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Monroe, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

This was a great place to stay. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. Breakfast was great!! Swimming area was nice and clean. Great to be able to swim in the fall.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights (June/July 2010).
PROS: Room was clean, breakfast buffet was good, location was good -- nice variety of restaurants nearby, front desk clerk (Liz) was very friendly and informative.
CONS: Shower curtain rod was broken so water went everywhere when we took our showers, air conditioner was noisy, toilet flushed very loudly, maids left air conditioner off on 100 degree days so room was extremely hot and stuffy when we arrived and it took several hours to cool off.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Jefferson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

My Wife and I had to take an overnight trip to Richmond for business. The Country Inn & Suites West at I-64 was wonderful. The front desk personel was very helpful. The matress was very comfortable and of high quality. The free breakfast was the normal great breakfast you expect from Country Inn & Suites. When I go to Richmond in the future on business or pleasure, this will be my hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64? Share your experiences!