“Clean, Comfortable and Roomy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64 to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8010 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23294   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #20 of 81 hotels in Richmond
North Haven, CT
“Clean, Comfortable and Roomy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

The reviews on trip advisor are what lead me to this hotel. I don't necessarily need fancy but I do need clean! This place was great. It is a fairly new property and tries to look like a country home. The room was a suite so had a bedroom with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch in the living room. Five of us fit comfortably. There was also microwave and a refrigerator, tvs etc.

After traveling all day the first thing I did was shower and there were plenty of towels, shampoo samples etc and it was clean!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a comfortable clean place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

This is a great hotel for families visiting the University of Richmond. It is a short drive to the school, offers a very comfortable stay with breakfast and a clean comfortable room bed and bath. Close to restaurants and shopping. Will stay again if need to be in the area. Great value .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

In the past 50 days, I have spent 20 days at 9 different hotels. Most of these hotels have similar amenities (Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, etc.) I prepaid at a rate around $77. We flew into Richmond and our GPS was not locating the hotel properly. We called several times and were given courteous, detailed instructions as to how to get to the hotel. (I love the way they say Ma'am all the time in the South. Liz, a shout out to you!). Loved the big bathroom countertops with room to store items below the sink. The hotel is fine, probably the more important detail is to discuss its location. You do not want to stay in downtown Richmond. While we spent an entire day touring the historic area of Richmond, it is dicey at night. The CI is situated about 7 miles out of the downtown area on Broad Street. Broad Street does run straight into downtown, so we found this to be very convenient. While the hotel is not located in a glamour area, it is safe and there are numerous restaurants and conveniences nearby. The hotel does not sit directly on Broad street. It is flanked on two sides by other hotels (see photo) and is behind a Hooters restaurant. I think that being off of the main road made for a more quiet environment. The courteous staff, price, and amenities of the hotel made it one of the best values on our trip. **I have submitted two photos. One is meant to show the hotel's distance from the main road. On the left, you can see one of the other two hotels flanking the CI. The big rig truck is on the main road.

• Stayed July 2010
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Great basic hotel - it's small, but service and features compare favorably to more expensive hotels in the area. Polite, helpful staff, impeccably clean rooms, and the free breakfast offers much more than I expected. It's in the suburbs, but Richmond's not very big, so it's only a few minutes to the city center.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hinesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

This hotel was Wonderful! From the reception the front desk at check in (which was very quick and smooth), to delightful breakfast each morning. We were in Richmond with a baseball team for a tournament there and the staff was very helpful, allowing us to use the “breakfast room” for a team meeting! Both the Day Shift and the Night Shift were pleasant, easy to ask questions of and very helpful throughout our stay. The “business” area was two work stations with one printer/copier. Because of the nature of the tournament, having those computers AND printer was essential! We were able to print schedules, and print copies of directions to the different fields where the team would be playing. The staff was very accommodating in regards to providing paper. The hotel was VERY CENTRALLY LOCATED for all our games and was within walking distance of a LARGE variety of eating establishments. Although we were not able to do much sight-seeing, because the hotel was on West Broad Street, we knew we could get to anywhere in the City of Richmond very easily and return to the hotel easily as well. The rooms were clean, smelled fresh, and were cleaned daily. The indoor pool was tremendous along with the spa. The boys on our team really enjoyed the pool area after a long day of playing baseball in the hot sun. The “porch” out front of the hotel, on both sides of the front door, was a great place to sit and talk! We really enjoyed this hotel and would recommend it to ANYONE staying in Richmond for ANY REASON!

• Stayed July 2010
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

The hotel staff was absolutely amazing!! We came to this hotel from a terrible experience at a hotel down the street (terrible rooms, dirty, etc.). As we were finding a new place to stay, we saw the Country Inn and Suites on W. Broad and decided to check and see their availability. We explained to the front desk worker that we had just come from such an awful hotel, and she not only provided us a room, but also gave us a reduced rate! When we got into the room, there were a couple of dirt stains on the floor. We asked them about these stains and they told us a baseball team had just stayed in the hotel and they were in the process of cleaning and shampooing all the carpets. They apologized for the dirt and then upgraded us to a suite. We had a very pleasant stay here, and I plan to stay there again in the near future. Thank you for such wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed August 2010
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I'm in my late 30's traveling with a 3 and 5 year old and my husband. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel is that I thought it was right off of 95 (I expected to be able to see it from 95), but that is not the case. It's a few miles away - but worth it! Sooo clean and nicely decorated. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite and it was so nice! Everything is so clean and nicely decorated. The sheets are soft, and the comforters are heavy and soft. High quality everything. The indoor pool was nice (a little chilly though), and the hot tub was great. Breakfast was ok - the basics - could stand a little more hot items. We stayed at this location twice on our trip to Myrtle Beach, SC from Philadelphia. It was our half way point. We would definitely recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed. Oh, and loved the noon check out! Not many hotels have such a late check out time! Oh, and my children loved the fresh baked cookies at the check in desk on our arrival.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64? Share your experiences!