“Excellent service, comfortable accommodations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64 to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8010 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23294   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Annapolis, Maryland
“Excellent service, comfortable accommodations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this property for a baseball tournament with our team. I had never stayed with this hotel brand previously and was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the bedding, the quiet "homey" feel if the hotel and the gracious and hospitable staff! We are on the road all year with our travel team and this hotel ranks at the top if our list. The breakfast was great with a variety of hot choices each day and we really appreciated the extra touches like grated cheese and toppings for eggs. We have never seen this at any other hotel chain with free breakfast! The hotel had a mix of guests and several families. The pool and hot tub were enjoyed by our players! Thank you Jenn & Navin for a great weekend!

• Stayed June 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear KebbieK,

Thank you for telling us about your stay during the baseball tournament. We really appreciate all of your comments. We hope you enjoyed your time in Richmond. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & suites Richmond West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sherman Oakc, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Country Inn is on the outskirts of town but we chose it because it was close to where we had to be. It was the rate that attracted us. We found the staff pleasant and efficient. Chelsea at the front desk was our favorite staff member of this trip. She checked us in and was not only completely on the case, but was very real in a non-corporate yet entirely professional kind of way. Very refreshing for travelers coming in from the road.

Room Tip: The a/c in my room was quite loud. Not sure whether that was the case in every room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bruce Rave,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for mentioning our staff member Chelsea. We will be sure to pass this feedback on to her. We value all guest feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in the near West End of Richmond. Close to Parham Road and Glenside. It's a good location, convenient if you have to be in that part of the city. Close to Anthem and county government offices. Plenty of good food very close. Breakfast was good, clean, well-stocked. All areas were clean. Room was good. Not a lot of noise from room to room. It was very nice and quiet. The only suggestion is that the hotel needs to do a little touch up paint and sprucing up in common areas and in the room. This is a really good hotel - the items above are the reason I rated it lower. If you need to be close to Innsbruck stay a little farther out. If you need to be central to the West End or 64 W this is a good location. Also close enough to downtown Richmond if you don't want to pay downtown prices. Area is fine but it's a big city so please be cautious. Some areas in this part of Richmond have gone down a little but it's still pretty safe. Overall, good value for money. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear vatravler20,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us your concerns. We will make sure that we pass your feedback on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Okeechobee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Booked through Hotwire and got a great rate. Newer hotel in Near West End on Broad. Not too far from VCU... easy drive. Very clean, nice indoor pool, fitness room, good breakfast. Loads of parking. Good value for area. Lots of restaurants close by. I was here because I had a family member in VCU hospital in Downtown Richmond.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Marianne,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your feedback. Thank you for staying with us. We that you will consider us again in the future.

Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is my second time with Country Inn & Suites. My first experience was a mini-vacation with my kids during spring break and we stayed at the hotel in Va Beach. I was very surprised at how great the accomodations were. Usually my hotel of choice is Springhill Suites, but I must say Country Inn & Suites gives them a run for the money. My second stay was at the Richmond, VA location. Same experience, but even better! I booked through Expedia and the hotel amenities I needed was a whirlpool/spa tub (which by the way is very hard to find at an affordable rate) which Expedia listed with my room of choice. However, when I checked in that was not the room chosen even with me notating it in the "special request" section because I didn't have a good feeling about it anyway. Chelsea (front desk clerk) explained that spa tubs has to be reserved by phone because those rooms are limited and it also cost $30 more than the $100 I paid for the room. I did understand, but I also booked the room with the request for a spa tub. Chelsea was very accomodating with her compromise of charging me $15 for the room instead of the $30. That was enough to keep my business!!! I definitely recommend Country Inn & Suites...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Smith-Bryant,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Participated in a basketball tournament with my son's basketball team and the hotel met out needs.
The pool and meeting area was a great hangout for the boys during breaks between games.
The area restaurants had great service and selection of food.

• Stayed May 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Kentkling,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are so that you and your son stayed with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Richmond. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to that you will consider us again in the future.

Montross, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We arrived at 2:30 after a long drive but were told we couldn't check in for 45 minutes. Can't believe there was no room ready at a hotel that size a half an hour before check in time.. Beds and bedding were very good and rooms were clean but none of the housekeeping staff spoke or understood basic English. Breakfast on second day was sadly lacking. No pastries at all. Biscuits were hard on outside as if they had been nuked. Location was good but we were not made to feel welcome as in many other Country Inn and Suites and other hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear kilmerwo,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond West

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64? Share your experiences!