“Good Stop Along the Interstate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64 to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8010 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23294   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Redcliff
“Good Stop Along the Interstate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is right off the interstate which makes it a perfect stop if you're passing by. The room was clean but a little bit outdated. Our room actually had an analog microwave. I don't think I've seen one of those for at least 20 years. The hotel has a computer and provides free Wi-Fi. The hot breakfast was pretty good and I must have had thirds.

The location is also pretty good. There's a Burger King next door. Subway and McDonald's are within walking distance. There are also a few gas stations in the area.

An odd thing about this hotel are the feral cats. They loiter in the parking lot at checkout and hope for hand-outs. They must get fed since they come back. It's a little annoying but not a big deal.

I enjoyed our stay here and I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear chemicalguy123,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for also telling us your concerns. We will pass your feedback about your stay on to our staff. We value guest feedback because, it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Aston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Booked for 3 nights to meet family. Price was very reasonable. Rooms exceptionally clean, comfortable beds and property maintained very well. Breakfast each day was a pleasant experience. Hot foods were kept hot and coffee good.

Really nice accommodations for the money. Staff was not only friendly, but happy it seemed. It makes a difference to see happy faces. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Cheryl G,

Thank you for telling you about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

nice mid range hotel.
clean comfortable but i was dis appointed that it was not a full service hotel .
i did not pick this up from the brochure.i arriced late after many flight delays and was looking forward to a cool beer before i went to bed but i could not get one .

good location
staff were ok polite but not very friendly

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear raymond090,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass your feedback to our staff. It allows us to make the necessary changes to make our hotel better. Thank you for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

A good hotel, but ageing, cracked, and a little dusty. Owners could scrub all the floors and shampoo all the carpets, and that would go a long way to overcome the pervasive smell of mildew mixed with air freshener that hangs over the place. A bit of Ajax on the bathroom tile and floors would improve the appearance, too.

In spite of these complaints, this is a good, basic hotel, with a full breakfast, an indoor pool with a jacuzzi and workout room, comfortable large rooms and bathrooms, and plenty of space. It's a good place to get some water exercise in the winter. The rooms are quiet and peaceful.

The staff could not be nicer. Very friendly and helpful.

Dear Traveler473,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding the hotel. Thanks for telling us your concerns about the overall cleanliness of the hotel. We value all guest feedback because, it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased. The staff was very friendly, especially the man working the front desk in the evenings. The room was very large, clean, and comfortable. We were just a quick drive away from downtown without having to pay downtown prices and parking fees.

We too had difficulty programming the address into our GPS. This property is outside the city limits of Richmond, so you must use Henrico as the town. I understand the company wanting to market the property as being in Richmond, but let's be honest here, it's not. And in the GPS age, devices run on exact data. May I suggest that on your promotional material you list yourselves as "Richmond, VA (Henrico)" to help clear up the confusion of your guests while simulaneously decreasing the amount of verbal abuse your employees have to endure?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear meyerinc,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback. It is very valuable to us. Thank you for telling about the concerns with the GPS we are sorry for the incovenience. We value guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for yoru time. We hope you may consider us again in the future.

central VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here on a weekend night with my wife. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly (day and night), and all amenities were as advertised. Wireless internet worked smoothly our entire stay. Room was large. Heater/AC unit was a bit slow to respond and slightly noisy but nothing severe. Our only suggestion for this location is that they have a slightly larger sign on Broad Street to assist in locating the hotel. It's not directly on Broad Street, and the building is partly hidden when viewed from Broad, but once you get there everything is about what you would expect from this chain, which from my experience has always been reliable.

Dear OldSwampy,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for your suggestions about the sign. We value guest feedback so much. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

SpecialK55
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here because my first stay was very nice. I don't get down here very often, so I chose it again. I gave it an Average because it was clean, comfortable, and quite. But I was VERY frustrated by the internet access. There was no wireless. I had to get an ethernet cord from the front desk, which was quite a project. I had to raise my voice to get the attendant's attention (he was watching TV). He seemed bothered but he got me my cord - which didn't work. I brought it back, told him it didn't work, and asked if I could get wireless on my laptop in the business center. He said I could. I couldn't.

I gave up and went to my meeting early so I could use THEIR wireless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64? Share your experiences!