“Not as good as last time” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64 to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8010 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23294   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
SpecialK55
“Not as good as last time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here because my first stay was very nice. I don't get down here very often, so I chose it again. I gave it an Average because it was clean, comfortable, and quite. But I was VERY frustrated by the internet access. There was no wireless. I had to get an ethernet cord from the front desk, which was quite a project. I had to raise my voice to get the attendant's attention (he was watching TV). He seemed bothered but he got me my cord - which didn't work. I brought it back, told him it didn't work, and asked if I could get wireless on my laptop in the business center. He said I could. I couldn't.

I gave up and went to my meeting early so I could use THEIR wireless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed 3 nights here. Room was clean and comfortable. AC/heater/fan was VERY noisy (thanks goodness for earplugs) GPS did not show hotel and we had to stop and ask for help. Hotel is set back behind other buildings and almost impossible to find without help. Breakfast was mediocre, but the lady who ran the dining room was very nice. Coffee was VERY weak and hot water for tea was always lukewarm. Desk staff was so-so. Despite all this, the location was good and there are lots of restaurants (Outback, Red Lobster) to walk to. Easy drive into Richmond and to Freeways.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear BigGramma,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank your for all of your comments and concerns. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused. We appreciate all guest feedback, because it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel!

I made a reservation for this hotel. On the day I was leaving from home, the address for this hotel is not showing up on my GPS, turned out that this city is Henrico instead of Richmond? The agent who answered my call inquiring about the correct address was very unfriendly and sounded annoyed.
Also, as he was canceling my reservation, he sounded cynical and sarcastic saying that there's a long waiting list for his rooms. As I was asking for the cancelation email, he simply answered that he would only send it out later, not now.. What kind of service is this?
So I tried calling their toll-free number to complain and to confirm that my reservation was actually cancelled, there were children screaming in the back and the agent was telling me that he couldn't hear me clearly.. Did he really just answer my call at his house with his children around?

I am glad that I cancelled the reservation for this hotel; can not imagine how horrible my staying experience would be with these unprofessional and unfriendly staff.

Avoid staying at this hotel - it is terrible!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We appreciate feedback from all guests who stay at our hotel and provide positive feedback regarding his/her stay; we certainly appreciate all feedback, however we find it important to point out that the person who wrote the review did not stay at our hotel and based upon the details noted it is certainly unclear if we were the hotel in question. Although this person did not stay we feel it is important for us to clarify that we are located in Richmond, VA, which is located in Henrico County VA. All GPS systems require regular updates to ensure routes and locations are up to date and that is the role of the GPS user not the business in which the user is trying to locate. Although beyond our control we will certainly service all calls and direct guests the same, however, we certainly have select times when valued guests are checking into our hotel and although we treat all customers (both phone and in person) the same there may be moments when service may have a slight interruption. We have reviewed the situation noted below with all of our staff to ensure they are all providing the highest level of service at all times. The reviewer noted they contacted the ‘toll free number’ and took issue with the environment in which the ‘toll free number agent’ was involved; we are unable to speak to that situation and it is important to note that any complaint registered with the ‘toll free number’ generates a incident number and to date we have yet to receive any incident. In the end we certainly can empathize with the review, however, we felt it important for us to provide our perspective and ask in the future that all guests give us a chance, by actually staying, so as to allow us a chance to WOW you with our great hotel, amenities and customer service!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our first experience at CIS and it won't be our last. When we checked in we knew we wanted to add an additional night's stay but the hotel was booked for the following night. Ken was on duty and told us to speak with Chelsey at 8 AM the next morning. Chelsey was able to extend our stay. Both of these staffers went out of their way to accommodate us. It was much appreciated. We added a third night with ease.

The room was very clean with furniture that didn't have a scratch or a mark. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've ever had at a hotel but I won't bored you with the numerous offerings.

You won't go wrong here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear DPD123,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about Ken and Chelsey. They are a great value to our hotel. We will pass those comments on to them. We are so glad taht we could accommodate you and extend your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Richmond. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Bedford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was my second visit to the Country Inn & Suites in Richmond and was not disappointed. Clean, comfortable, and they have cookies! The rooms are a good size and the staff very friendly and helpful. Hard to see from Broad Street and it did not show up on my GPS. Call for directions if not use to the area.

Room Tip: Even with a room beside the elevator it was very quiet. Stay away from the first floor rooms unless...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reedville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel was clean, the beds were very comfortable. The staff was as nice as could be. They all went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Jennifer and Cordell bent over backwards to make us comfortable. They did not act as if we were ever bothering them. Even though I asked them a million questions.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. There was always fresh coffee and fresh cookies!
Such a treat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Stephney M,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the staff. They greatly appreciate hearing great comments about their service. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again in the future.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is our second time stay at this hotel, great location just few minutes to freeway, good size room, my kids enjoyed the fresh bake cookies. We stayed for 4 nights but the indoor pool was out of order for 2 days, the staff are very friendly, good choice of nearby restaurants.This hotel offered free parking, free internet, free breakfast and have 2 computers and printer at business center.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear purpletravler,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments, and will pass them on to our staff. We are sorry for the inconvenience of our pool being down for 2 days of your stay. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond West

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64? Share your experiences!