“What an Interesting Dining Concept !” 5 of 5 stars

8047502003
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas de Brazil Churrascaria - Richmond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,374 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Richmond, Virginia
“What an Interesting Dining Concept !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My 1st visit to Texas de Brazil was on a Sat. 8/17/13 after attending the 7pm show at the Funnybone Comedy Club nearby with a friend for his birthday. We did not have any dinner reservations but were seated very shortly after waiting at the bar area for about 5 minutes. It was our good fortune to have Kaj. as our server. He was older than most of the waiters and had the quiet demeanor of a lawyer or a professional person. He explained the concept of the meal - one price for the meal itself - unlimited meats and salad bar - you can eat as much or as little as you choose (42.99). Drinks and dessert are extra. They check with you on how you like your meat cooked since they come around every few minutes with a different meat for you to choose from. The salad bar was excellent with a good variety of light meats, fish, fresh vegetables and dressings to choose from. I would have been satisfied to make a meal of the salad bar in itself. We were served mashed potatoes along with our meal which was delicious. I found the meats to be cooked perfectly to our specifications. My only qualm was they don't let you take the remainder of your food with you - no dinner doggie bags - except they do allow you to take your dessert home. Kaj said they do have a take out menu. I hated to leave so much of my salad and meats there but I was so full I couldn't eat anymore and for that price, I would have taken the food home for another meal. The dinner, drinks and dessert was rather pricey but I can't complain because the food was very good. Just be sure to take your appetite and a credit card with you when you go.

• Visited August 2013

Bristol, Virginia
“Variety and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this was a unique and great dining experience on several llevels.

The food was very good. The variety of meats was good because my family have different tastes. It also gave my son the opportunity to try lamb chops without having to commit to it as a full meal.

The salad area had everything including sushi and smoked salmon to a variety of unique cheeses.

I gave value a 4. Could have went down to 3 or up to 5. In the end you know going in that you are going to have to do more than just "drop a dime". Add in the a great atmosphere and the fact the waiter and the rest of the staff did an awesome job can't go lower than 4.

• Visited August 2013
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch there and it was interesting. I am Brazilian so I know how the food should taste. The lunch was not too bad but could have been better. I also had dinner in December and it was far better then the lunch. If I were to change anything it would be the atmosphere. But diffidently try it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Abingdon, Virginia
“Good fogod and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was a nice restaurant with a nice interior. The Salad bar was amazing and included many different unique items for a salad bar. Great variety of cheeses, smoked salmon, salami, soup, etc. The selection of meats was good but had to wait occasionally for specific types of meat. Overall a good experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
waldorf
“2 Cousins N Richmond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is the first time I've had the delightful pleasure to dine at a Brazilian Steakhouse and I was so not disappointed! The selection of meats are absolutely fantastic. The salad bar had a great variety of cheeses, salami, shrimp, lobster bisques, just to mention a few items, I was impressed. The restaurant's decorum is inviting. Too bad there isn't a Texas de Brazil in Washington, D.C.

• Visited June 2013