“Perfect for a business stay” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham, England
“Perfect for a business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I was really impressed with Hyatt House. Clean interior lobby and friendly staff made check-in simple. The room was fantastic with a kitchenette, including fridge-freezer, microwave and dishwasher. No bath but good-sized shower which was nice. Breakfast was complimentary, buffet-style and fine. Little shop in the lobby was handy.

Couple of things that could be improved (niggles rather than anything serious): -outdoor pool was closed for the winter, though I hadn't seen this information on the hotel website so had packed swimming gear; -arriving late after a long flight and drive from Dulles, I found it difficult to work out the food situation. The H bar was heavily advertised throughout the hotel, but when I asked about food I was given a menu for an external restaurant and was told to call them to deliver. I only realised the next day when I had time that the hotel was on the mall with loads of restaurants to pick from. -water from shower went everywhere!

As I say, these are niggles for the hotel to be aware of and didn't overly detract from my very pleasant stay. The location on the mall is excellent for food options without needing to drive, and the rooms really are perfect - especially for a longer stay. I would come back if I was in the area again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel because my husband and I were eating at Texas de Brazil which was right there. I skimmed a couple reviews that said it was good and made our reservation. I should have read a little closer as we were shocked when we pulled in and it was actually at the mall. I was nervous at that point, however I was mistaken. This is in fact one of the best hotels we have stayed at. It is beautiful and is very modern.

Bad things, the doors are loud as described but we were lucky and didn't have have a bunch of noisy people in the hall. We did have a group out by the pool making some noise, but I slept through it, my husband told me the next morning that was why he left the tv on. The shower is beautiful, although I am glad I don't have one of these in my house water goes all over the bathroom floor.

We would absolutely stay here again and talked about maybe even coming back to shop and go to Dave and Busters.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed last night...We live about 30 mins away, but was celebrating my boyfriend's birthday all day in the same area.. A day of pampering at Red Door Spa, dinner at Lehja and shopping all in the same mall so this was a perfect relaxing hotel for us... The room was clean, modern and spacious...and a very comfy bed.. I had reserved a king suite, but was upgraded to a one bedroom King suite (Thank you, Katherine Holland) .. We ordered wine and a fruit cheese tray and it was at the door within minutes..breakfast buffet was included and very good... Overall a nice weekend getaway close to home...I would have given it a 5; however the a/c-heater unit in our room was crazy loud and I woke up every time it come on during the night .. they may need to look into that room...(625) and not the fault of the hotel, but people coming in from partying around 2 and 3 in the morning became ridiculously loud and kept slamming their hotel door.. Def would return :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was a great weekend getaway for me and my husband. This hotel has a bar which opens at 5:00 and a hot breakfast in the morning. The room was really nice and cozy loved the large walk in shower. The staff was very helpful and very knowledgeable with every question I asked. This hotel is in the center of the Shortpump Mall. We met another couple for dinner at the Firebird resteraunt, which you walk out of the front of the hotel and around the corner to the right less than a minute walk, perfect place to stay. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

A friend and I flew in and rented rooms as part of a wedding party hotel block, and we couldn't stop saying, "Wow!" I've stayed in rooms all over the world, and this was perhaps one of the nicest, if not *the* nicest. For $119/nt., we had a large room each, including a full kitchen, desk/office, living room with couch and tv (which we never turned on), vanity area, and bathroom with toilet and fantastic shower - even the amenities like toothpaste, shower gel, soaps, etc. were high class. Service was absolutely top-notch with friendly staff everywhere, from the front desk to the breakfast area.

The lobby was very inviting with a slightly Asian motif, and greenery everywhere - very clean lines, and everything was practically gleaming, it was so spotless.

The hotel itself is located in one of those new, upscale outside mall villages with a lot of shops and a lot of dining options. It seemed to be located within a reasonable distance from downtown Richmond, too, which was helpful.

Only negatives to mention would be the very loud doors; even when being very careful, they made a loud noise. Also, the breakfast was a bit on the cool side, but that's going to happen when other guests have the lids on the serving dishes up more than down. It might be helpful to place the toasters at the end of the breakfast line, as well, since it seemed to clog the queue in the middle, forming a sort of people pile-up. :)

All-in-all, one of the very best hotels in which I've ever stayed. Thank you, Hyatt House Richmond-West!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm always hesitant to give five stars to a hotel that is not a luxury five star resort. I mean, do I think this hotel is as luxorious as the Four Seasons Maui? No.

But, this hotel is an extraordinary value. At less than $120/night, this hotel is situated in a hotel complex in the wealthy west-side of Richmond. You can walk to the stores, restaurants or movie theater. Plus the suites are beautifully decorated and spacious, with a full kitchen.

In toto, this hotel is five stars for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall, i really like this Hyatt House. The rooms are well planned, spacious, clean, fresh, friendly and comfortable. Great place to stay.

I really like that it is adjacent to the Short Pump Town Center Mall. Great place to spend a day. The Mall is GREAT! The area is GREAT! Everything is right here. Movie theaters, entertainment, food and dining options abound!

If i had one disappointment, it was breakfast. It is 'OK', but nothing special. Hyatt usually does breakfast great! Bacon was 'barely cooked', instead of 'crispy' as is typical of this chain (My neighbors remarked that it was 'raw'), Oatmeal was cooked 'solid' and not eatable. They were out of bananas. Omelette station was nice, but most ingredients were not fresh (Soggy frozen spinach, etc), no egg whites or egg beaters. Disappointing. I would stick to the cereal, juice options.

Overall, great hotel though. Love it...REALLY love to location. Friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to HYATT house Richmond-West? Share your experiences!