“This hotel won me over!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Slow Down Spa Package
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Manassas, Virginia
“This hotel won me over!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Traveled to Richmond for a two day meeting. Previously stayed at two other hotels, but this hotel has me sold. The lobby is just beautiful and better still it is adjacent to the Short Pump Town Center, great stores and eating establishments. I tried to attach pics of my room. Comfortable bed, full kitchen, big screen tv, spacious bath and quiet, but site will not allow. If I can attach later I will. They also have a wonderful fitness room, pool and spa. So you ask okay they have what most hotels have so what won me over. It was the "BREAKFAST" other hotels say free breakfast and it consist of juice, bagels and instant hot cereal. But this hotel offers an omelet station, and a very big selection of hot and cold foods. This is a thumbs up for the hotel, location and features. In addition the staff was friendly and quick to accommodate. I think it is a winner!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Steven K, General Manager at HYATT house Richmond-West, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Wow, what wonderful compliments! We are delighted you decided to stay at Hyatt House and are pleased you enjoyed our hotel, the location and amenities. Thank you for sharing your experience and for the recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Steve Kendall, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

stayed for 2 nights on short business trip. really loved this hotel: very clean, nice updated decor, loved the rooms and bed was very comfortable. great layout of rooms. breakfast buffet was free and pretty good food! was pretty crowded though. wifi speed was good and free. great price and location was great for us too: adjacent to town center mall.

will be coming back next time we are in richmond!

• Stayed September 2012
Steven K, General Manager at HYATT house Richmond-West, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad you gave Hyatt House a try and we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the great comments and we look forward to hosting you again.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while on a business trip recently. Very clean, good public areas and very comfortable bed.
Would be particularly good if you were taking an extended stay as there are cooking and refrigeration facilities in the suites.
Breakfast is great, and there is a lady who works there clearing plates etc who brightens your morning with her chit chat. She's 63 apparently!
I would definitely stay there again when travelling to Richmond.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
The "young lady" you are referring to is Marty, she brightens all our days!

Thank you for the great comments and we look forward to hosting you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wow- what does this hotel not have going for it? We have stayed in many hotels across the country with various brands...and this one is by far the best. We didn't hear a single sound from our room. The breakfast was great- it didn't offer as many ultra healthy options as we would like (vegan/gluten-free) but it was all better than other "hot breakfasts" that come with our hotel price. The beds were extremely comfortable. Every staff member was friendly--making sure we were comfortable and greeted each time we walked by them. We look forward to returning. We'll definitely be staying here for all of our Richmond weekend trips. The location is great! We almost booked the Hilton down the road but they had a parking fee...can't figure that out since they are located by nothing of interest to us. Can't beat walking downstairs to the mall and all the restaurants. We didn't pack swim suits but we will next time- the pool, hot tub and fire pit looked amazing from our room...like a resort. (Or at least as close as we will come to a resort with a 1 and 3 year-old!).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind words,it is our goal to exceeded your expectations.
We hope your travels bring you back to Richmond and forward to serving you again.

Woolwich, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

To reiterate what others have said.......This hotel is fabulous.
We had a huge corner suite which had a separate bedroom, large bathroom with walk in shower and a soaking tub that was out of this world. Our room was spotlessly clean and well appointed.

Breakfast was adequate. It was a busy Saturday morning and they kept up with replenishing the food stations.
The staff was helpful and friendly.

Loved the location with shopping and restaurants right outside the door.

I only wish the Hyatt House was closer to our home as it would make for a great weekend getaway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in September. The hotel is very nice and in a convenient location. The rooms were spotless, service was great. Breakfast is included in the room rate, however, we only ate breakfast on one of the 4 mornings as we were on PST time and didn't make the breakfast hours. The one day we did eat breakfast, it was good with a nice selection. The hotel is located next to the Mall. The only negative was the Signage to the hotel. It is located towards the back of the Mall with no signage on West Broad Strre. We had to call the front desk at 1:00 AM to get directions from W Broad Street. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I spent some time at the Hyatt after referral from a business colleague. It is a VERY nice property and next door to a huge outdoor mall. Great setting!

The rooms are spacious, spotless and are arranged so that you could spend a day or a few weeks with the facilities. It is more like entering an apartment than a hotel room. Sleep quality is excellent.

The OFF THE CHARTS feature, though is the PEOPLE at the hotel. They consistently delivered superior customer service in evey single encounter I had. They directed me to the types of restaurants I wanted, where to jog, and referred a great local taxi service.

But it does not stop there - their service continued even AFTER I checked out. I discovered the day after leaving Richmond that I had forgotten some important clothing in my room. :-( I needed it for an important business meeting. I phoned the hotel from Las Vegas at 2:30AM and told them my dilemma. The woman on the phone assured me she would carry the message to the day shift.

They phoned me a couple of hours later seeking specifics on how/where I needed my clothing sent. They must have made AT LEAST 8 phone calls coordinating between me and FedEx, all while serving other guests. My clothes will arrive tomorrow, a day ahead of when I need them.

They have unparalleled commitment to to customer service!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to HYATT house Richmond-West? Share your experiences!