“Fabulous Hotel for all ages if your in the Richmond area” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Slow Down Spa Package
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
“Fabulous Hotel for all ages if your in the Richmond area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just visited this hotel site unseen with my husband and two sons (12 and 15). It was everything I hoped it would be. We were visiting an elderly relative so we would be spending time at the property not just sleeping there so to speak. It was clean. The pool and hot tub were crystal clear and clean. They even tested the quality while we were there. That evening my husband and I went back down to the pool area and enjoyed an outdoor gas fire pit. The following morning before departure there was an outstanding breakfast buffet including an omelet station. They had copies of usa today and the wall street journal which I always enjoy in the mornings when I travel as I am generally up before everyone else. Free wi fi. Well worth the price of the room. The area it's in is called Short Pump Towne Centre and it is somewhat attached to a very large upscale mall with shops like J. Crew, Nordstrom and Crate and Barret to name a few. We went to a huge Barnes and Noble where my kids got books for our journey to Jamestown. On our way back we again stopped in this area to meet a relative for lunch. We ate at an incredible deli type restaurant across from the hotel. I'll try to find that name later. The food choices were very fresh and had many healthy options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I don’t normally write reviews for hotels, but I felt compelled to write a review after our stay at Hyatt House Richmond West . At the last minute I was in pursuit of a decent hotel just for a nightly stay to be near the short pump mall (wanted to really be within walking distance so that we could park and not have to get back into the car for our stay).

I found this hotel online while searching and it just exceeded our expectations. It is pretty much a part of the mall complex so we were immediately impressed with the proximity to the mall. We could walk right out the hotel lobby and be at the mall stores within a few steps. The décor was fabulous. Everything had a elegant modern feel. It was visible that the hotel was very new and I didn’t take note of any wear and tear really anywhere. We settled for a studio room given our stay was just for the night and it suited us just fine. What was a nice touch was having a mini kitchen right in the room with 2 burner cooking area, full size fridge, dishes, etc. There was some other nice touches like having a tv that swiveled into the sitting/living area if we wanted to lounge on the couch or swivel to the bed if we wanted to watch from the bed. There was a door between the sink area and the shower area for privacy and a very cool shower that was completely open but with just enough glass to shield the water. I felt like I was at the spa. Overall, the room was just fantastic.

The icing on the cake was the FULL, complimentary breakfast in the morning. I’m talking eggs, French toast, made to order omelets, sausage, bacon, the whole works with a very large dining area. And, its all for free. I love a great deal. Hyatt House of Richmond West is a fantastically great deal!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I think the title says it pretty much

i stayed here on a business trip and was happy with the room and the ammenities. Pool and Fire Pit add a nice touch. Morning Beakfast was pretty good. Proximity to mall and other restaurants is really nice.

Will stay here again.

Room Tip: I was in a King Suite, liked it
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
hayes va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great rooms that were very clean and offered updated features such as flat screen tvs, wifi, etc. The pool area was private with a great spa and very clean. Breakfast was included with the room and offered a buffet with great selections.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a corner executive suite which was worth the investment. The hotel is ajdacent to an ups...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chappaqua, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

On a trip down I-95 to North Carolina, my husband and I stopped overnight at this hotel. It's really nearer I-64W. Anyway, we had our almost grown daughter in tow, and we took a king bedroom. The good part was that it had a separate living space with a pullout sofa bed and a kitchenette, so it was perfect for 3 people. The hotel itself was quiet, comfortable and efficient. It had a nice outdoor pool with sun all day long and a fire pit that was lit in the evening. There was a large, free breakfast buffet. I got there near the end of serving time, however, and some of the food was cold.
On our trip back up north, now without the child, we decided to stop here again. There was not a smaller room available so we took a corner suite, which was still under $200. It was huge, with
two sitting areas outside the bedroom, a kitchenette and two flatscreen TVs. We enjoyed dinner that night at Firebird Grill, only steps away from the hotel. It was nearby because the hotel is located within the upscale Short Pump Mall. The next morning was sunny so we decided to stay yet another day. My husband had a restful time at the pool while I leisurely browsed through the mall. The design of the mall was pretty, mainly of brick and with many archways and flower beds. The landscaping and fountains were beautiful. Southern friendliness and helpfulness pervaded. In the evening we enjoyed a good meal at the popular Italian place Maggiore's (not sure of spelling) which was again within walking distance within the mall.
I guess what we liked the best was how easy it was to relax at this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

My daughter and I stayed her the end of April. She forgot her $200 Tiffany necklace on the bathroom sink. Called hotel when realized and said they had no record of it. Manager, Steve, was more interested in accusing us of making up story. Really? Controlled environment. Next person in the room was one of the HYATT's maid. Don't forget anything. You'll be SOL and accused of making up the story. We are Hyatt Gold Passport members but will NEVER stay her again.

Room Tip: Don't forget anything. It will never be returned.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lynchburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel (now known as Hyatt House) is one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. I would definitely recommend it over any other hotel on Broad Street...especially if you intend on shopping at Short Pump as it's connected to the mall.

Room: Tastefully decorated, extremely clean, and plenty of space for two or three. This is one of the only hotels where I feel comfortable walking around barefoot and don't even check the bedding before I climb in. If you want a bathtub though, you need to request it. Also, the sleeper sofas in the suites are not comfy, so if you have more than two or need separate beds, make sure you get a room with two queens. The beds are SO comfortable.

Hotel: Not a large place, but the breakfast area is nicely laid out, the pool and spa area are super nice and clean. Plenty of comfortable outdoor seating and a huge firepit (all closes at 10 p.m.)

Breakfast: UNBELIEVABLE value and delicious. You get made to order omelets, bacon, sausage, french toast, fresh fruit, any juice, and so so much more for FREE every morning.

One negative: A front desk associate named Daniel. Every other staff member was extremely friendly and accommodating...Daniel however had a very unhelpful attitude from the second we arrived.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor to be near the pool and gym. Some rooms only have showers, be sure...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to HYATT house Richmond-West? Share your experiences!