“Great rooms, very good amenities, and helpful, friendly staff make this an excellent business hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Richmond Airport

You added Hyatt Place Richmond Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4401 South Laburnum Avenue, The Shops at White Oak Village, Richmond, VA 23231   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #32 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel for almost three months, and I can truly say it has been a pleasure. I will almost hate to move out into an apartment. The hotel is in an excellent location with lots of restaurants and shopping. The interior lobby and interior space of the hotel is very appealing. The rooms are really well laid out and include gorgeous, large, pivotin LG flatscreens, compact refrigerators, granite counterops for food/ beverage/ and/or paperwork. Very nice bathroom and showers, with a Euro look and feel. And as nice as the hotel has been physically, the people at the hotel are even nicer. Every time I come in for the next week or return at night, I am always warmly greeted by name and with some real sincerity. So, needless to say, I highly recommend this hotel. With breakfast included, and a very nice workout room and pool, its also a good value.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
4100hyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, May 11, 2010
Thank you Mr. Hestor for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor, you will be missed when you move into an apartment. Please stop by and say hello when you are in the area, it is always a pleasure seeing you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

After an extended stay at the Hyatt Place in Richmond from August to November of 2009, my husband and I, and his 3 sisters and their spouses described your hotel as "home away from home". Service is excellent. As soon as we walked in, Sean and the other staffs greeted us and remembered everybody. We were no strangers . . . and it felts like home. The rooms were spacious, neat and color scheme is always pleasing to the eye. Lobby is excellent and beautifully decorated. Location of the hotel is the best . . . it is close to everywhere you want to go . . . eat, shop, MCV hospital, Shore Pump and airport. Breakfast is always great with the varieties of breakfast treat. Frank and I just wished that food was less expensive . . . soda, coffee and water cost too much (considering that the hotel is situated walking distance from several eateries in the area).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing the details of your past stays with us at the Hyatt Place Richmond Airport; we appreciate all of the kind feedback but especially enjoy hearing your comments of Sean and our staff. I will be sure to share them. We hope you will return soon.

Louisa, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

My wife and I have 7 children, she works full time and I am a full time pastor; we were looking for a nice hotel within an hours drive of home to just spend a little down time toigether and get a way for a few days; I had lived in the Sandston - Airport area until 2001, so I knew the surroundings quite well. We shoped around and found a room at the Hyatt for less than the cheap budget Hotels that were right around it. The room cost was very reasonable, we had a large LG television, sectional sleeper sofa, desk with free DSL, a small kitchenette, really comfprtable king size bed, and the largest walk-in shower I have ever seen before, frosted glass doors with an 8' x 6' shower area with a rainfall shower head. We really had a great time. We enjoied the room so much that we never even made it down to the pool or the sauna.
I have stayed in many of the hotels around the Richmond International Airport over the years; most of them are filled up with construction crews who pay by the week and drink and party all night long. There was none of that at the Hyatt.
The rooms and the entrances were very safe and secure; and the entire staff was extremely courteous. It was a great experience all in all.
The only piece of advice that I would give is that if you are a diabetic, the continental breakfast will not suit your needs very well; there are a few items that are suitable, but not all. However, since3 there is a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave right in the room - this was really not a large problem.
If you are traveling and staying in the Richmond area, I would suggest the Airport Hyatt above all other hotels in the city; and I am aware of the others enough to make a qualified judgement. My family have lived in and around the richmond area for more than 100 years. My wife and I have decided that we are going to take one weekend every quarter and just Go and stay at the Hyatt for some R & R and quality time.
The Hyatt is all new, and right next to a huge shopping plaza and a large variety of restaurants; I would higly reccomend it. My wife and I enjoied our stay at the Hyatt so much that I am willing to post my name to this critique:
Rev. George H. Hunley II

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Rev. George H. Hunley II,

I am delighted that you took the time to write a very detailed review on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your kind comments concerning our hotel. We look forward to your next getaway with us.

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

The hotel was upscale so I would have expected that the staff would have been nice and helpful but I received just the opposite. I called down to ask for additional wash cloths and cups and the Supervisor advise that we had enough and that we could not have any additional then he preceeded to tell me how many people could be in my room. So today I called to speak with general manager Mike and he was just as rude and nasty and hung up on me as well....

The pool was flithy as well..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
4100hyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2010
I apologize that your experience was less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We always appreciate feedback that allows us to make improvements to our service and hope that this reviewer will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

I personally do not recall hanging up on you; I am sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding.

US Navy Afloat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I visit Richmond, from Norfolk, for concerts. Property is brand new, and located just off I-64. Convienent to everything! 5min to the Airport (if that), 7min to downtown, LongHorn Steakhouse literly out the front door of the Hotel; and the Hotel is in a brand new shopping center/Town Center. Property boasts all of the Hyatt Place expectations. Bed is huge and very comfortable. Staff is very friendly (allowed me to check in, very early, stay a little late).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
I am delighted to hear that we met and exceeded all your expectations at the Hyatt Place. It was nice to hear we were able to accommodate your request to check in early and stay a little late. Thanks you so much for the nice comments regarding location, big bed, and friendly staff. We cannot wait to see you again!

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We thought we had found a nice new hotel to stay over at enroute back home from a Florida roadtrip. What looked good on the surface quickly deteriorated. Pool was dirty like a swamp, couldn't see through the water. No towels available, when we inquired my kids were given bath mats to use. The room although spacious was in rough shape for being a property only 7 months old. Dusty woodwork, big black splotches on the couch, filthy glasses (give me sealed plastic anytime over glasses), dirty toilet base smelled like urine but worst of all...BLOOD on the wall and the curtains. DISGUSTING, DISGUSTING, DISGUSTING! Don't even want to think about how they got there. If it wasn't so late and we didn't have kids I would have walked out and never stayed, only exhaustion kept us there. There were some seriously shady people in the hotel, elevators and parking lot coming and going all night ( I know because I couldn't sleep and kept watch of our car outside and through the peephole), considered getting a security/police escort to car and leaving in the middle of night. Pushed couch in front of door and locked all locks, the hotel leaves extra security notes on the desk and the door that I have never seen elsewhere so I am guessing security issues must be common place here. I didn't sleep but a few minutes was so worried and upset with the situation. When we tried to talk to a manager we were told that none was on duty and wouldn't be in until the next morning. How can a Hyatt not have a manager on duty? It felt extremely unsafe and insecure, we left after letting kids get a few hours sleep because we couldn't wait to get out of there. Thought we were getting a quality hotel by Hyatt not roadside motel but that might have been cleaner. Would never stay again ever. Would never recommend. Scary, scary stay ....to say huge disappointment would be an understatement, would have been better to keep driving.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009 via mobile

We stayed a night by chance on a long drive. What a nice surprise! The rom was stylish, spacious and comfortable. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2010
I am overjoyed your stay was "Excellent"!! We are looking forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Richmond area.

Mike Berry

Been to Hyatt Place Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!