“Doubletree Downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond, VA, United States
“Doubletree Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Always stay at the Doubletree when I visit Richmond. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are quite comfortable. Typically I am with a group on business. The shuttle service to downtown is wonderful and alows everyone to enjoy themselves and not worry about driving back to the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Bruce W,
Thank you for your review and repeat stays with us at Doubletree Richmond. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your business travels, and we're pleased to know you our friendly staff and comfortable accommodations consistently meet your satisfaction. Please continue to make Doubletree your number one choice hotel when in Richmond. We look forward to seeing you next time. Thanks again.

Toni Pinto, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Richmond, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

A nice space to spend time overly looking the downtown sky scape. The cuisine was delightful and chefs were creative. The "Doubletree chocolate chip cookie" is so delicious and it just melts in your mouth.

Earl B,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at Doubletree Richmond. I look forward to sharing your complimentary feedback with our chefs on their creative and delightful cuisine. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to extend our hospitality and delicious cookies to again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Gloucester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Friendly Valet Parking, Welcoming Lobby ~ open, well lit, big bar, lots of TV's. Big Sleeping Rooms and never heard a peep from the hallway even though we were across from the elevator. Definitly will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Valerie G,
We appreciate your review and kind comments about our friendly service and comfortable accommodations at Doubletree Richmond. We're pleased to hear that our property was well suited for your travels, and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again in the future. Thanks again for writing.

Johnstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I wanted a Sunday paper to read during brunch but could not find one on premises. The doorman - Chip - took my $2 and ran to a 7-Eleven down the street (in the rain!) and bought it for me, delivering it to my table as I dined. Extremely impressed that he would do that and so graciously. The staff there is awesome!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Jeffrey P,
Thank you for sharing your experience and appreciation of our staff at Doubletree Richmond. We are fortunate to have Chip as part of our team of dedicated associates that make sincere hospitality their top priority. I look forward to sharing your complimentary feedback and recognizing Chip with a special commendation for exceeding your expectations. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we hope you'll return for another visit in the near future. Thanks again.

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

From the first arrival throughout the stay the staff were very nice. Everyone greets you warmly from the front desk to the maintenance staff. The location is quite comfortable being near the university and the free hotel van will take you to the Slip or anywhere within 3 miles.
The only negative I noticed was the mustiness of the property as a whole. The hallways, elevator, the room and even the van smell like they need a thorough cleaning if not a renovation. My room heating/cooling system could not be set above 70 but since it was not all that chilly out I did not complain to the front desk.
I will return if I need to spend a night or two in Richmond as overall it is acceptable.

drdiptera,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your visit to Doubletree Richmond. I'm glad our staff's warm hospitality made for an enjoyable stay, and our convenient location and complimentary shuttle service added convenience to your travels. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again should you return to Richmond. Thanks again.

Windber, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I arrive in the car port. I barely get out my door and a valet person is on my toes as if there's a competition between the valet employees to get the most sales, etc. He had his hand out for my keys. I said no...I plan on parking myself. He still insists on my keys and I told him no yet again. This aggressive guy even made my wife and children nervous. I went to the front desk to check in and they didn't seem to care about my experience thus far & next thing you know....the valet guy is standing next to me with his hands out yet again asking for my keys. He literally grabbed for them and I about defended myself as if someone was trying to steal my vehicle. In any case...he finally got the point. I parked my vehicle one block away for $0 in a secure, fenced-in lot with cameras everywhere. I guess it's free on weekends in this lot I found and only $7 during the week where DT Valet charges $18. Yeah...you know what they're doing...charging YOU $18 and paying only $0 or $7 to park; nice profit. The woman at the check-in counter at DT was also very dry and almost seemed as if I was interrupting her when I needed to check-in. The next morning...the employees were all different and were a lot more friendlier but it was too late....I was through w/ the staff there and was glad to check-out and be done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Nathan L,

Thank you for writing. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had with the valet attendant and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. Due to the nature of the destination, all downtown hotels charge for parking. Although there is street parking and at zero cost, it is at your own risk. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to assure we're providing exceptional service and doing all we can to serve our guests. We value you as our guest and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to make amends if you were to return to Richmond. Thank you once again for writing.

Leonardtown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was very pleased with the hotel. Good value, as I have stayed in more expensive hotels that have not been as nice. Great location and one of the bellmen gave me a tip on a great restaurant, Tarrant's.

LBS1960,
I'm happy to hear of your pleasant stay with us at Doubletreee Richmond. I appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback and review. We hope to extend our hospitality to you once again in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Toni Pinto, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown? Share your experiences!