“Super Nice Staff and OK Property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #28 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Baltimore, MD
“Super Nice Staff and OK Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

From the first arrival throughout the stay the staff were very nice. Everyone greets you warmly from the front desk to the maintenance staff. The location is quite comfortable being near the university and the free hotel van will take you to the Slip or anywhere within 3 miles.
The only negative I noticed was the mustiness of the property as a whole. The hallways, elevator, the room and even the van smell like they need a thorough cleaning if not a renovation. My room heating/cooling system could not be set above 70 but since it was not all that chilly out I did not complain to the front desk.
I will return if I need to spend a night or two in Richmond as overall it is acceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
drdiptera,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your visit to Doubletree Richmond. I'm glad our staff's warm hospitality made for an enjoyable stay, and our convenient location and complimentary shuttle service added convenience to your travels. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again should you return to Richmond. Thanks again.

438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Windber, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I arrive in the car port. I barely get out my door and a valet person is on my toes as if there's a competition between the valet employees to get the most sales, etc. He had his hand out for my keys. I said no...I plan on parking myself. He still insists on my keys and I told him no yet again. This aggressive guy even made my wife and children nervous. I went to the front desk to check in and they didn't seem to care about my experience thus far & next thing you know....the valet guy is standing next to me with his hands out yet again asking for my keys. He literally grabbed for them and I about defended myself as if someone was trying to steal my vehicle. In any case...he finally got the point. I parked my vehicle one block away for $0 in a secure, fenced-in lot with cameras everywhere. I guess it's free on weekends in this lot I found and only $7 during the week where DT Valet charges $18. Yeah...you know what they're doing...charging YOU $18 and paying only $0 or $7 to park; nice profit. The woman at the check-in counter at DT was also very dry and almost seemed as if I was interrupting her when I needed to check-in. The next morning...the employees were all different and were a lot more friendlier but it was too late....I was through w/ the staff there and was glad to check-out and be done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Nathan L,

Thank you for writing. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had with the valet attendant and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. Due to the nature of the destination, all downtown hotels charge for parking. Although there is street parking and at zero cost, it is at your own risk. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to assure we're providing exceptional service and doing all we can to serve our guests. We value you as our guest and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to make amends if you were to return to Richmond. Thank you once again for writing.

Leonardtown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was very pleased with the hotel. Good value, as I have stayed in more expensive hotels that have not been as nice. Great location and one of the bellmen gave me a tip on a great restaurant, Tarrant's.

LBS1960,
I'm happy to hear of your pleasant stay with us at Doubletreee Richmond. I appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback and review. We hope to extend our hospitality to you once again in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

On our way home from a trip to Bald Head Island NC for our 46th anniversary we decided to stay stay over at a half way point which was Richmond Va.. Being Hilton Preferred customers we elected to stay in Richmond Va. at the Double Tree Hilton Downtown Richmond . What a great last minute idea. It was outstanding. The entire staff including the manager was very accommodating and kind, including the shuttle driver. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The lobby area was very inviting as well as the restaurant and bar. When in Richmond my wife and I would definably say here again. They even surprised us with an anniversary gift and card/

Room Tip: Try and get and outside window room around the 11th floor up.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
zippy1944,
Thank you for selecting Doubletree Richmond to serve your hotel needs while travel back from a trip to Bald Head Island. We hope you had a wonderful 46th anniversary, and we're happy to have been a part of your travels. We appreciate you writing a review bout your experience, and we're glad our friendly staff, clean accommodations, and shuttle service made for an enjoyable stay. We hope you and your wife have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing and sharing part of your anniversary with all of us at Dougletree Richmond.

East Islip, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place has the best and friendliest staff ever! We usually stay at other locations. We are now loyal to only this location. Everyone from the bellhops to the chef were awesome. We are only staying here from now on!

Jorge R,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel, and especially our friendly staff. Our team of dedicated associates make sincere hospitality their priority and fantastic reflections like yours gives us another opportunity to commend their excellence in service. Please continue to make Doubletree Richmond your number one choice hotel in the area. We look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you again for writing.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The staff at this hotel was unbelievable! I've stayed in 5 star hotels and did not receive the excellant service that was offered at this hotel. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable, happy, safe, ect... Everyone was so friendly and helpful. You can definetly tell each of the staff members at this hotel love their job and love working at this hotel. They made our stay memoriable.

Emmett J,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review and share feedback from your stay. I'm pleased to hear that our staff's excellent service and warm hospitality made for such a memorable experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team and thank you again for writing. We hope to see you again soon at Doubletree Richmond.

Kind regards,
trailrider811
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very nice hotel. Staff is very nice, polite, and helpful. Dinner menu is amazing. Stayed 5 nights and tried almost everything on the menu. Rooms are nice and roomy, beds are very comfortable, Rooms are very clean. Easy to get work done, was very quiet and peaceful. Would definitely stay there again.

trailrider811,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while during your business trip, and we're glad you enjoyed a comfortable and quiet stay. It's great to know our helpful staff, clean accommodations, and dinner selections met your satisfaction. We look forward to extending our hospitality to you once again on your next visit to Doubletree Richmond. Thank you again for writing.

Toni Pinto, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown? Share your experiences!