“My sink broke...a lot” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond, United States
“My sink broke...a lot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The sink in my room bathroom did not have hot water at all. So I called maintenance and someone came up and looked at it. He had to turn it on from below the sink to get the water running then he turned it on and off several times. Eventually I was told the "fix" was that in order to turn it off I had to flick the handle very hard to the off position. He was able to get it to work and I figured, easy enough, this should be fine. Well after he left I went to wash my face and I couldn't get the water to turn off. SO I called maintenance again. He came up and looked at a few more things then told me the night maintenance guy would have to fix it. I said this would be fine and he said they could come in and fix it while I was out. So I left my room and came back around 10:30pm. I went to get ready for bed and the sink had NOT been fixed. By this time I was getting upset that I'd have to invite a maintenance man into my room so late at night. Well the night maintenance guy came and was able to fix the problem, but I had to call again when the last person told me that they'd have it take care of when I got back. By this point, I would rather have just gotten a new room, but this wasn't offered to me so I wasn't sure what the process was. No one even mentioned it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Sybil M,
Thank you for writing a review. We sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues and inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your feedback is important to us because it allows us to hear directly from our guests and make improvements to provide a more satisfying experience. We value you as our guest and hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again. Thank you again.

Toni Pinto, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Raleigh, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very good customer service. The bathrooms are small and the TV didn't work at all when we first turn it on. The tech was fast to respond and fix the issue, however quality was terrible. Some channels are barely visible and no high def. You pretty much will need the valet parking unless you can find a spot on the side of the road, which I wasn't comfortable with doing since I am unfamiliar with the area and don't want to risk getting towed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hai T,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m pleased to hear you felt well taken care of by our staff during your stay with us at the DoubleTree. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for the frustrations you encountered with the television. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thanks again for writing.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The best part about this hotel is the excellent customer service. From the time I checked in to the time I checked out, everyone I interacted with was polite, helpful, and friendly. They went out of their way to arrange shuttle rides for me around Richmond, and even had batteries sent up to my room when I inquired if they sold batteries (they don't, but gave me a couple for free, which was super sweet). The location of this hotel is also good. The only downside of this hotel is that it seems like it good use some TLC - carpet in hallway a bit worn/dirty and very noisy plumbing (from my room on the 11th floor, I could hear anytime seemed to be showering because of the noisy pipes). I also ordered room service breakfast, and while it was very prompt and the guy who delivered it was very nice, the breakfast itself (scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes) was pretty bad - the eggs seemed rubbery and "fake" (like the kind you get at the airport). But, overall, I'd recommend this hotel - it's good value, and some of the nicest hotel staff I've ever encountered. I just think a little updating of the hotel would go a long way, and I'd improve the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
newtiger09,
Thank you for writing about your stay with us at the Doubletree. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our friendly staff and their excellence in customer service. We have a wonderful team that strives to provide a comfortable experience for each guest. I value your feedback and apologize for the areas that we fell short to meet your expectations. We appreciate your recommendations of our hotel to future travelers and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Tiverton, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff goes the extra mile to please. The shuttle service is the best. One of the shuttle drivers actually went out of his way to find us because we started to walk to a local restaurant. The shuttle wasn't back so we started to walk to our destination. When we were about a quarter of the way there a shuttle pulled up a brought us the rest of the way.

• Stayed April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Steven M,
Thank you for your review and kind comments about our wonderful staff at Doubletree. It’s great hearing that our shuttle driver was able to pick you up en route to your destination. I’m happy our staff exceeded your expectations with their excellence in service. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Richmond. Thank you again for writing.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A "well used" hotel within an easy walk to the VCU campus. Great location for visiting VCU. Helpful, accommodating staff. The free shuttle (within three miles) was a plus. Would book again if visiting VCU.

K O,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback about our accommodating staff and great location. We hope you had a great visit to VCU, and we’re happy our hotel’s location and shuttle service suited your travel needs. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Richmond or visit VCU. Thank you again for writing.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent a weekend at the Doubletree for a wedding. The staff was excellent!! We had some transportation issues that they handled for us - much more than what we expected. Good value for the price of a downtown hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
donna l,
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us at Doubletree while in town for a wedding. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our staff’s excellence in service. We hope you’ll have another opportunity to stay with us again. Thank you again for writing.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

recently stayed here for a seminar I was attending for work. . .the hotel overall was average, rooms were clean & sufficient but nothing extraordinary about it, room rate was a bit overpriced . The staff, however, was wonderful. . .everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
TeresaAponte,
Thank you for writing a review. We are pleased to have had you stay with us at the Doubletree while attending a nearby seminar. I appreciate your kind comments about our friendly staff and their excellence in service. We have a special team here that is dedicated to providing a memorable experience to each guest. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we hope you'll visit us again. Thank you again for writing.

Toni Pinto, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown? Share your experiences!