You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown to your Saves list
Ranked #32 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Hair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I am a huge Doubletree fan. This one, however, doesn't live up to my expectations. The carpet of my room was stained, there was mildew in the shower, and there was hair ALL over the room. By all over, I mean more than a strand in the sick (which there was) and a few in the shower (which there were). They were everywhere - there was even a long, dark hair inside one of the disposable coffee cups. Ew. They need to do a much better cleaning job.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Bean8213,
Thank you for visiting the Doubletree Richmond hotel during your trip to Virginia, I am sorry the cleanliness of your room was below par. I will be speaking to my staff regarding your experience, in order to make corrective actions. Please be assured that your concerns will not go unnoticed. As a valued guest, your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Scott Dial

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Double Tree in downtown Richmond to tour the historical sites while in Virginia. The public areas of the hotel are as to be expected, clean, well maintained and with the contemporary look of a double tree property.

The staff was very friendly and efficient and had me in my room in no time at all. The room was large, on a cornor of the hotel so I beleive they considered it a "Superior Room" on the 15th floor, it still only had one window so it was somewhat dark, but it was comfortable nonetheless. The bathroom was updated with granite countertops and clean.

The hotel is a little ways from downtown, for being called a downtown hotel it is more at the edge of downtown. It depends where your business is whether or not this would be convenient for you.

Although I always felt safe in the property, the area around the hotel appears to be a little on the sketchy side, so you are probably going to drive most places rather than walk. To tour the city and downtown area I would probably choose another hotel next time, however it has nothing to do with the hotel itself, only the location.

Room Tip: Food as always is the case in these upbrand hotels is not inexpensive, but it is good and reliable.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Eddienca,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. I do appreciate your gracious comments about the staff, the cleanliness, and the safety of the hotel. It was our pleasure to serve you as our guest; we look forward to seeing you again next time you are traveling back to Richmond.

Scott Dial
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here as part of a group for graduation. It was a nightmare making reservations. My sales person in charge of our group never returned any of my calls. I was about to cancel our group, but it was over graduation weekend and the rest of the city was sold out. Thankfully one of the sales people, Lyndsey Wharton, was kind enough to get us the rooms we needed. (And even credited me with extra bonus points, which I did not expect or know about- was never told by the other sales manager.) Lyndsey was a joy to work with.

The hotel is older and needs to be updated. The food in the restaurant left much to be desired. They did have a special brunch for Mother's Day, but the price was too much for what was offered. I would stay here again if they upgraded and renovated the rooms, and only because the service (when you get the right person) is great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
CJenkins23,
Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value all feedback. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with our hotel in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review.
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were traveling to Richmond for a family wedding. I knew we would be arriving late so I called ahead and asked for a cot and extra towels for our arrival. Got there at 1 a.m. and neither request had been met. So, it took some time to get the extra bed in the room and we were all exhausted! The bathroom was also pretty small, not much room to move around.
All else about this hotel was ok- clean and the bar tenders friendly! Not a very good neighborhood for walking around.
The saving grace was the rooftop pool. We had excellent weather and time to kill so we spent our time there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thanks Itunick for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding the late arrival needs to my attention. I will be looking into this further. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel accommodations suitable…the rooftop pool is definitely a crowd pleaser! Your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel needs some updating. Staff needs to be trained to be more friendly and helpful. Not the kind of stay i expect at a Doubletree. Room was quiet and the hotel was convenient to downtown. i won't be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thanks Woodman1127 for your review. We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. I will speak with my staff regarding the required the level of service we should be providing. Your business is important to us and we truly hope you’ll reconsider staying with us.

Regards,
Davis, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I had the worst experience with DoubleTree at Richmond Downtown.
One week after I left the hotel, they secretly put another $126.56 charge on my credit card for nothing, which was totally a rip-off. I did not notice this until I checked my credit card statement by accident.
Stay away from them!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear KyliWang,

Please accept my apologies for the accidental charge to your credit card after your departure due to billing confusion. I’m glad that we were able to speak with you and resolve the issue. We hope to see you again the next time you visit VCU.

Best wishes,

Cumberland, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one Friday night with our 3 year old daughter and infant son. We made a reservation more than a month in advance. We were in town for a conference that she was attending at the Marriott, at which we were unable to get a reservation. Our first challenge was simply accessing the hotel as the main street in front of the hotel was closed off entirely due to a construction crane that was being used to load equipment onto the roof of the building across the street - obviously something that was beyond the control of the hotel, but it made getting to the hotel nearly impossible given the one-way streets all around the building, and unloading/loading the car was a real hassle from the side street. The next problem was that there were no cribs available for our 3 month old baby, despite requesting one in advance. My wife barely slept as she was constantly worried about our baby who had to sleep in his stroller. It took two calls and three visits by the maintenance staff to get the A/C to produce any cold air. They didn't believe us at first that it wasn't working, but after returning to the room in the evening and the temperature being 80F they finally had to override the thermostat on the wall and give us manual control knobs on the unit. Granted it eventually worked, but it was something I don't expect to have to deal with at this caliber of hotel. The toilet tank leaked into the bowl causing it to refill spontaneously every half hour or so all night long with a loud noise each time. The tub drain was very slow. There was no ice machine on our floor. The TV channel guide was completely wrong and image quality was poor. Upon arrival at the rooftop pool in our bathing suits (something my daughter had been looking forward to all day) we discovered that it was closed for renovations - it would have been nice to have known this in advance as this alone would have caused us to select a different hotel. The front desk had passes for the YMCA down the street which at least kept my daughter from a complete meltdown, but was extremely inconvenient and time consuming. The food prices were very high for what was available, even for a downtown hotel. Finally, the free shuttle that the hotel provides to take guests to other downtown locations, broke down sometime mid-morning and my wife was left waiting for nearly an hour for a ride back to the hotel. The front desk had claimed that they were sending a taxi to pick her up, but it never arrived. She eventually gave up and called a taxi at her own expense. They did refund the $18 valet parking fee as compensation, but that hardly made up for the lost time. I give the staff credit for at least making an attempt to resolve the issues we voiced, and perhaps this was just bad luck in having so many issues during a short visit, but it's not acceptable for a Doubletree and I certainly will not choose this hotel again next time I'm staying in Richmond.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear Ken4ZJr,

I can’t tell you how badly I feel about the challenges you and your family experienced during your stay, I know that apologies can’t erase the negatives of your experience, but I’d like to extend my sincere regrets for everything. Despite the troubles, I hope your daughter enjoyed the YMCA pool and that your wife enjoyed the conference.

Best regards,

Scott Dial, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Richmond Downtown? Share your experiences!