“Great staff, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Sprakers, New York, United States
“Great staff, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

While traveling through Richmond, we decided to stay for the evening. What a delight to see staff great us at the door. We throughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean. And parking was secure. We would rate this hotel 5 star because of the staff. Everyone of the employees greeted us and felt like they wanted to serve. We plan on returning for future visits.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I just got back from a stay in this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised that while this hotel is older, there were a lot of pluses. I liked the free hot breakfast (make your own waffles --actually had different flavor offerings-blueberry, cinnamon apple, strawberry, scrambled eggs and sausage, along with the usual pastries, cereal and coffee), free Wi-Fi (definitely a plus for mobile phone users!) and free parking. I liked the fact that the parking area was covered and well lit, especially needed on a hot summer day, which kept my car cool! The room was clean and all the staff who we saw were very pleasant and friendly. The bathroom had a shower with multiple setting shower head, which was much appreciated after a long hot day moving furniture!!! I stayed in a non-smoking room, which did not smell as if anyone smoked in it. I saw some reviews mentioning about the hotel not being in a nice neighborhood. West Broad Street is in the city but it is not an isolated area nor are you in the heart of low income housing. I would stay at the Comfort Inn Conference Center again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Under $60 a night w a full breakfast w free parking and free WiFi? You just can't beat that anywhere else. I asked myself. Is it a 4 Star hotel? NO. Do I need a flat screen TV and down comforter? No. Is this a Motel 6 or Super 8 quality? No. I didn't expect much for $60 after reviewing poor comments about broken shower or unclean bathroom. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into my room. The microwave and refrige. were there with coffee maker. The room was updated and not filthy. You can see they really tried to make it clean as much as they could though the grout work was poor on tiles, not well-maintained bathroom shower, etc. Everything was working in my room. Bed was not a 3 Star quality, a little spongy on one side. I didn't see a trace of the previous guests anywhere. The wall was thin so I can hear the next room's conversation even they were just talking so not for light sleepers. The room was non-smoking but got a smell of cigarettes once in a while when the AC kicked on. Only odd things that could use the updates are toilet and sink. I'm 5'4" female but felt like I was sitting on a preschool toilet. Then the counter top was super high that I could've used a step stool. Very odd. IF YOU ARE A BIG PERSON, DO NOT STAY HERE.I guarantee that you will have a hard time going into the bathroom. I am not big but had a hard time getting by the bathroom door as the door opens inward and almost tripped into the toilet. Full Breakfast: not-too-fresh assortment of danishes, cereals, yogurt, make-your-own waffles, etc. Again, it's not Marriott. You get what you paid for. I would stay there again to save $ for one night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

For starters, this is not a nice neighborhood. We were booked here with a Sports tournament booking agency. I would NEVER have chosen to stay in the ghetto. I look past that, because it isn't what upsets me. I am simply going to list my annoyances, you decide whether you choose to come here.
1. The non smoking room smells and has that smokey feel.
2. My bed's mattress slumps in the middle, it kept me from sleeping until about 2:00am.
3. I am pretty sure that the bathroom doors in nice hotels don't bump into the bathtub when you just try to walk in the door.
4. There is some unknown stain on the back of the bathroom door that looks like rust.
5. The room designated as the breakfast room was hot, no air conditioning? Really? It is July.
6. The breakfast room was filthy! The attendant was in a "mood" and I had to listen to her expletive rant.
I am running out of room, but I could go on. I reported, so now you decide.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Service is good, but old facility. No hot water in the morning.

• Stayed July 2012
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

From the checkin process to the breakfast, I would have never thought I would find such a fantastic hotel on the outskirts of Richmond, Va. From the looks of the area, you would feel a little suspicious, but I was totally changed, being my second stay at this hotel I will be comming back more often. Stephanie the desk manager was outstanding in giving me information about the hotel and the area, and always carried a professional mannor throughout our conversation.
The suite I was given could only be outstanding, I want to make that my regular room when I stay there. I truly want to thank the staff for the outstanding stay, and I recommend this hotel to others. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel is clean and well maintained for an older facility, not to mention economically priced. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel gives you access to everything you would need in the Richmond area. My husband and I first chose this hotel in the beginning because it is pet friendly and we have a rescue dog that cannot be left with anyone

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Conference Center Midtown? Share your experiences!