“Good location, nice rooms and amenities.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 81 hotels in Richmond
New York City, New York
“Good location, nice rooms and amenities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

My husband travels a lot. Sometimes I'm traveling with him.
This time, we decided to stay at Candlewood Suites and we liked our stay. Rooms were very clean, furniture in good shape and the room was very spacious. We loved the fact that the laundry was free (washer and drier) and had sufficient units installed and working well. The gym was a plus, the equipment is fine. We used it several times.
There's a small store in site -prices not too bad, good variety of products.

The staff was friendly and housekeeping was efficient.

Parking ok.

The only issue we experienced in two weeks of stay was the internet that it went down twice. It was fixed in both times in good and prompt manner.

We loved the location. Nearby stores, business area and the airport.

Mmm, I forgot to ask if the coach in the room turns into an additional bed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

This is a great hidden gem. The service by maintenace, front desk, and housekeeping are EXCELLENT. Everyone I encountered was attentive to my needs and very helpful. The amenities are clean and the environment is quiet. The staff are quick to respond to insure that a quiet environment is maintained. There is a fully stocked honor system canteen on site as well as FREE access to a computer downstairs across from the front desk. There is a small gym with treadmills and a weight system on site. Next to that is the laundry area with numerouus washers and dryers. I stayed in the one bedroom king room which the only negative was there wasn't a second bathroom in the bedroom. The livingroom and kitchen areas are spacious and so was the refrigerator, which is full size. Great cabinet space and there was also an in wall pantry. I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Grapevine. Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

The hotel far exceeded my expectations. I found an internet rate of $90/night which was better than all other airport hotels available so I was skeptical about the quality. I chose not to book online as my travel plans were in the air. I arrived at the hotel late in the evening and was told the rate was $99. I mentioned the internet rate I found and they honored it. The room was fabulous!!!! We had a room with 2 double beds that were very comfortable (I love a good bed!). plus a pillow menu. The room had a FULL refrigerator, large microwave, DISHWASHER, 2 burner stove and sink with GARBAGE DISPOSAL, granite counters and pergo wood floor which made it very inviting. You could easily live here!! Everything was very clean, cupboards were stocked well, recliner and large (42-46") flat panel TV. Like I said, you could stay here for a long time and be set. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area for an extended time. The hotel is a few miles off 95i and and a few miles from what looked like a new shopping center with grocery, restaurants, small and large stores plus some chains (Target, JCPenney). The ONLY issue I had with this hotel was it was hard to find but that was even a plus since it is on a country road and built in the middle of a heavily wooded area. Take a right at WAWA and you'll find it.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport for a week in May 2009. The hotel was brand new, and the rooms were great! As with all the Candlewood Suites, the room came equipped with a full kitchen. There was also a laundry room with multiple washers/dryers that were free of charge. That really came in handy since we were here for a week. We also used the gas grill behind the hotel a couple of times during our stay. The staff were friendly. The rooms were clean and very well decorated. Each room had a DVD player and you can check out movies from the front desk. There was no breakfast, but with the money you save it was well worth it! Plus, you can make your own breakfast in your very own kitchen. This hotel is definitely a great value if you are visiting the Richmond Airport area. I'd definitely come back again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Green Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed here for one night on our way to North Carolina and truly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is brand new and very nice. We stayed in a studio suite and it was very spacious. The staff was very friendly. We used the gym and the equipment was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

My partner & I stayed here for one night after a lengthy plane trip. This place is great. It is obviously brand-new. I have stayed in other Candlewood properties before but this one is by far the best. The room (324) was very tastefully decorated with brand-new furniture and appliances. It was sparkling clean and the front desk manager was very friendly and knowledgeable. My only regret is that we couldn't stay here longer. My very highest recommendation!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

We were leaving out of Richmond Int. airport and this will be our hotel in the area from now on. We did not know what to expect as there weren't many reviews about the hotel, but we were pleasantly surprised. We got there a little late, but they have a simple system for you to check in late that works. The room was spacious and very clean, it still looked brand new. In my opinion the bed was a little on the hard side, but my wife loved it. The next morning we had an early flight which they had a shuttle to take us. After talking to the driver, we find out it is the hotel manager! The staff in the hotel could not have been any friendlier. You know that if the manager is going the extra mile the rest of the staff will as well. When we arrived the shuttle was not available they paid for a cab to pick us up. The hotel is a little bit hidden, but it is not even 5 minutes from the airport. I highly recommend it for people flying out of the airport as you can also leave the car there at no extra cost. We will be staying here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!