“Served its purpose well” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Suffolk, Virginia, United States
“Served its purpose well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were flying out of Richmond the next day and didn't want to drive from the south side on top of a long day of flights. They let you park for free for 14 days and offer a shuttle to the airport and are not more than 5 minutes away. The price of the room was cheaper than 10 days of parking. And as the shuttle wasn't running when we returned mid day, they paid for our can back without question. All in all a good deal

Stayed May 2014
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Amy J,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write a review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport! I am very glad to hear that our deals and our property were up to all of your expectations, and you have my promise that we will always cover the cost of the taxi in the rare instance that our shuttle is not able to accommodate you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and until then Consider Us Home At Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Chris Mays

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have used this location in the past, and had always been very satisfied. However, this last trip, I did not enjoy my stay. Several things bothered my husband and I. 1st – Allowing guest to stand around and smoke outside the entrance to the lobby…bad business. 2nd – Allowing the construction crew to use the gazebo as a hangout all day and night. I think they should be allotted a certain time that they can use the area, say after 11 pm. My husband and I had planned on using the grill for about 30 minutes or so, but could not, due to the crew sitting around smoking and drinking in the gazebo area. We tried 5 times to see if they would clear the area, but they never did. It would be understandable if they were grilling their food, but they were just sitting there drinking, smoking and playing cards or some kind of games all day and night. 3rd – The bathroom walls had black smudges all over; I did not feel comfortable using the hook on the wall to hold my night gown. Touch up painting needs to be done. 4th – The kitchen area is very nice, but it was not cleaned properly. There was some old food left on a drawer handle and grease/oil was left on the microwave door. This has been a wonderful property and I hate to see the decline in upkeep. What happened to the air freshener system that you were using? It just seems that attention to detail is not the same. One bright spot, the staff are all very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Danitadee40,

Thank you for choosing us again and for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate your kind praise towards our hotel staff.

It is regretful to learn that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is of utmost concern to us as we always strive to make your experience a great one. Rest assured that each point specified from your comments will be used to consider improvements where necessary.

Once again, thank you for staying and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel was very convenient to the airport and shopping. It has many amenities such as a super fitness area, laundry room and a little shop for snacks. My father needed a room that was handicapped accessible and he felt very comfortable with his room. The rooms are completely outfitted with full kitchens, computer desks, and recliners--very good value. I would like to pay a compliment to Karen who was on the front desk during our one night stay. She was most kind and patient with my two elderly parents and I greatly appreciated her kindness.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the back side of the hotel and on a top floor for privacy and better views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Orange2927,

We appreciate you for choosing to stay with us during your last visit, and allow me to thank you for the time you have taken to review your stay. I am more than happy to hear that both our customer service and our rooms exceeded your expectation during your stay with us. Karen is one of our best customer service agents we have here, and I will make sure your kind words reach her with praise! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed this past week while traveling north to New York. My wife and I brought our small dog with us. I can honestly say our stay at this hotel was excellent. The front desk was polite, eager to assist, and just plain great. The room was clean, spacious, and equipped with a full size refrigerator and microwave, dishwasher, stove, and sink. Everything was in top notch condition and we were extremely pleased. I am very particular, but I can say that I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again on our way back home. There was nothing I found to complain about. It appeared to me that whoever is managing this hotel has their act together because the staff appeared to be organized and customer-focused. Thanks for a great overnight stay!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Arthur L,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport! From our customer service delivery, our product and quality of the hotel, it seems we have not stopped short of delivering excellence to our guests, and I will make sure my teams hard work and effort does not go unrewarded! Thank you for you vote of confidence in recommending us, and until we get the opportunity to see you again, have safe travels and Consider Us Home At Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Juneau, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hotel lacks basic maintenance. Shower had not been cleaned after last guest, toilet was broken in both rooms rented and front desk staff was argumentative when asked to have tub in room cleaned up. For the price and alternative choices in would be better to look elsewhere

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear KC W,

Thank you for your time in writing us a review. It is regrettable that this stay was not 100% satisfactory. Please accept our apologies for any dissatisfaction you may have had with the maintenance levels on site. I have taken note of your valuable feedback as this is essential for us to improve on our end to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Howell, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed here just before departing the next morning. I have learned for the next time I have to do business in Richmond to stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Just like other people have commented, it is noisy and constant action all night long. There was a large group of guys there for a local truck driving school.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room off in a corner. You may have better luck?
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gary P,

First of all allow me to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review in regards to your stay with us at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport! I am severely disappointed to hear that you did not have an exceptional stay with us, and I assure you that it will not be a consistent issue. We have implemented new policies and rules to prevent these noise issues from happening again. We hope that one day again in the near future you will give us another shot to show you how personable our hotel can really be, but until then we wish you safe travels!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Noise came through one wall or another all night long. Because of the cheap price, this place seems to attract people who may not stay in hotels frequently (or people who just don't respect other people living in close proximity). A dog was barking in a room most of the night. People were partying outside in the back and in the halls. Doors slammed all night long as people went from room to room. If you have an early morning flight like I did, STAY AWAY!!!

Aside from all of that, it was a somewhat standard Candlewood. It was a little abused/not kept up/or maybe just older than the other ones I've stayed in. I wish it had a priority club floor or something to separate idiots from normal business travelers.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Roadyeti,

Thank you for your honest and fair review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. Without reviews such as yours, hoteliers would be unable to correctly address issues for future stays. First of all allow me to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. It is very uncommon, as you can see from our other reviews, for our guests to run into issues with revelers late into the evening, and I assure you this will not be an issue in the future as I will personally make sure of it. I would like to invite you to contact me directly the next time you are in the area, and I will make sure you are taken care of. I hope we can have you give us another chance in the near future to show you what a fantastic property we truly have here, and until then I wish you the best of luck and safe travels.

Chris Mays

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!