“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Richmond
Lexington, Kentucky
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just wrapped up an extended stay at this property and wanted to say the experience was fabulous. The hotel location is perfect;near restaurants and shopping- a nice variety of places deliver to the hotel too. The outdoor grilling/patio area is a very nice feature. The housekeeper was awesome and the desk personnel and management staff were exceptional. Special thanks to Nathan for his professionalism and always wearing a smile. I look forward to coming back to that area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Karen F,

Thank you for your honest and thoughtful review of our hotel here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. I am glad to hear that our property and team members are meeting and exceeding your expectations. We look forward to showing you another fabulous time when you return, and I will make sure that Nathan receives the praise he is deserved! Until we see you again, we would like to wish you safe travels, and as always Consider Us Home At Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Chris Mays

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was a points award stay. Room was furnished okay and clean, but nothing close to a suite. This was all one big room which did include the kitchen appliances. The pillows were very flat and uncomfortable. The note in the room said that the desk was unmanned from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am, that key cards should be dropped in the identified box and receipts picked up in the nearby slot. We dropped of the key cards, but the employee in the lobby said there were no receipts. Won't be staying at any more Candlewoods.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you signed up for.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Alan C,

Thank you for your honest review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. I do apologize for the miscommunication in the layout of our property. The majority of our rooms here are labeled as Studio Suites, which describes the studio style layout and the included kitchenette is what designates our rooms as suites. In the future I would recommend the King Suite that we offer, with a separate bedroom and full sized living room. I do also apologize for the issue you had with the pillows in the room, I will be looking into this to make sure it is not a reoccurring issue. As for the receipt issue you experienced please allow me to explain. When booking with IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights there isn't any monetary transaction between the hotel and guest, therefore no receipt is generated unless there are incidental purchases towards the account. I will re-train my front desk team to better help explain this so we do not run into this issue in the future. I hope you will give us another chance to show you all of the charm our hotel has to offer, and until then I wish you safe travels and a happy holidays!

Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here for the weekend for the Richmond Marathon. Overall, I have to say it was a great pick. Great location close to everything and staff were super friendly. Strange smell near the elevators, seemed musty but I think it was their air cleaners. Kitchenette was perfect for the early race morning. Seems like a lot of work people stay here on a long term basis but the room was very quiet. Problem with the toilet but is was fixed promptly. King size bed would be nice but doubt it would fit in the room. Prob would stay here again if I was in the area.

Dear Kenimler,

Thank you for your kind words and honest review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. I am very glad to hear my team is still providing the best customer service we have to offer, and our amenities were exactly what you needed during your stay here with us. I do sincerely apologize for the issue you had with your toilet during your stay, and I promise we will make sure that it never happens again in the future. We look forward to seeing you the next time you make a trip into Richmond, but until then we wish you safe travels and happy holidays!

Brea, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I felt dirty in this hotel, mostly because there was a pretty rough crowd hanging out all around. It smelt musty like they sprayed fabreeze everywhere and I didn't want to get comfy so I slept in the clothes I came in. Our toilet seat was really gross with stuff crusted on it so it made me question how much they really clean it. The surrounding city is also pretty rough so I would not stay here again. It was very cheap which was the only plus and free but slow internet. No free breakfast :(

Room Tip: There are dogs in this hotel so watch out.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Katie M,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. Our highest accolades we hold dear, are our customer service and cleanliness of the hotel. Words cannot describe how sorry myself and my team are for dropping the ball for you. The cleanliness issue you had with your room will be investigated and dealt with accordingly, and I can personally promise this will never again happen on my watch. As for the "rough crowd" you described, I will also be looking into to make sure this is not a reoccurring issue. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you how delightful our hotel can be, and the next time you are in the area please feel free to contact me directly about your stay.

Eagan, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed two nights for a work trip and the room was fantastic. The bathroom was spacious (tub larger than most). Didn't use the kitchen area, but it looked nice. I recommend adding a sign off the highway - I was surprised there was not one (all the other hotels had one and Candlewoods is little further down the road). The hotel is close to several restaurant chains. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Richmond area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear CappaccinoGirl

Thank you for your kind words and honest review of our hotel. I will pass on all of your kind words on the condition and cleanliness of the property onto our housekeeping and maintenance department, as they love to hear that their work is recognized. It is true that we do not have a sign off of the highway, and I will be personally looking into the profitability of having one installed. But regardless, we could not be happier that not only were we able to make your stay a memorable one, but we did that well enough to earn your stamp of recommendation! We look forward to seeing you the next time you make your way through Richmond, and as always, Consider Us Home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Davenport, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here during our trip around Virginia because it's location was convenient while we were in Richmond. Thinking back, I'm sure there were better choices around that price range. The hotel was clean, and the room was large enough for the three of us, but it did not offer us anything exceptional that would cause us to rethink our hotel choice in the future. The stay wax ok, nothing more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Linda A,

Thank you for your honest review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. We work as hard as we can to provide our guests with the cleanest rooms, comfy beds, and best customer service available, and I am glad to hear that we met your expectations for those needs. I do apologize for your experience with the Candlewood Suites brand. It is true we do not offer all of the frills, bells, and whistles that many other hotels offer, as we are set up as a true extended stay hotel. Our mission is to provide our guest with the "feel at home" atmosphere, allowing the ability to come and go as you please, and stay at your own pace. That being said however, I do think that you would be able to find the experience you are looking for with some of our other IHG hotels. IHG is proud to offer: Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Club Vacation, Staybridge Suites, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Even Hotels, and the prestigious InterContinental Hotels and Resorts. While we may have not been able to meet everything you needed during your stay, we still appreciate your enjoyment of the amenities that were up to your standards, and hope you will find what you are looking for with another hotel in the IHG family. I wish you the best of luck, and safe travels along the way!

Chandler, AZ USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We are a family of four with two grown boys 13 & 15. Really enjoyed having a 2 queen bed suite. We travel on a budget so it was very nice having a kitchenette in our room. The room was very spacious for our comfort. Stayed there 3 nights and the location was very convenient for site seeing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wonders55,

Thank you for your kind review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. I am very happy to hear that all of our amenities, and more specifically, price was everything you needed during your trip to our lovely city. We look forward to seeing you again next time you come to visit. And as always, Consider Us Home at Candlewood Suites!