“Great place to stay for a family of 4” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Chandler, AZ USA
“Great place to stay for a family of 4”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We are a family of four with two grown boys 13 & 15. Really enjoyed having a 2 queen bed suite. We travel on a budget so it was very nice having a kitchenette in our room. The room was very spacious for our comfort. Stayed there 3 nights and the location was very convenient for site seeing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Wonders55,

Thank you for your kind review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. I am very happy to hear that all of our amenities, and more specifically, price was everything you needed during your trip to our lovely city. We look forward to seeing you again next time you come to visit. And as always, Consider Us Home at Candlewood Suites!

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my way to Myrtle Beach from Washington, DC and back to DC.

Even if its focused on extended stay, one nights are very good too.

The people are very friendly and staff is awesome.

They do provide a shuttle after 4PM and it is located in a quiet area.

As they accept pets, if you want to make sure you have a quiet night, choose a 1 bedroom suite which you can close the door.

The is a GYM 24hours, a pantry(place to buy food, etc...) and a BBQ area in back to sit down, and relax or eat.

Is is located near the airport and easy to come and go as traffic is not that heavy there.

Is is close to many restaurants and stores such as Applebee's, Olive Garden and many more.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but choose the 4th floor if you don't want to hear your neighbour from abov...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Luke S,

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. Words cannot describe how excited we are to hear that once again we have won a fan of the Candlewood Suites brand. We work tirelessly to make sure that our customer service is second to none, and I am so proud to hear that my team is delivering it, time and time again. From myself and the rest of the Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport team, we wish you the safest of travels and best of luck until we have the chance to welcome you back to your home away from home!

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Clean rooms, fresh smelling and attention to detail. This was a great hotel to stay in before a early morning flight. Close to the airport and food places. Surrounded by trees. Very secluded and private. You want be disappointed unless they let their quality drop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KCDre2k,

Thank you for your kind and honest review of our hotel here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. Our housekeeping team works tirelessly to keep our facility and rooms in tip top condition, and I am always glad to hear from our guests that they are doing a fantastic job. Our location, while secluded, does help to provide our guests with a sense of peace and quiet, expecially in the hustle and bustle of being in an airport town, and I am more than happy to hear that it worked out so well for you! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area, and you have my personal promise that we will never let our quality drop!

Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed here several times. I love having the kitchenette. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Lots of nearby restaurants. Just know that this is an extended stay place. You can book only 1 or 2 nights but you don't get maid or linen service daily.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear SkeetGal,

Thank you for your warm and thoughtful review of our hotel here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport! I am always happy to hear that our facility, team members, cleanliness, and general customer service are recognized and appreciated, and I will make sure everyone hears how good of a job they are doing. Thank you as well for understanding the extended stay market, although it has been around for awhile now, from time to time we do have guests that aren't familiar with the policies and procedures we use to help keep our rates affordable, and it is guests such as yourself that aid and help us. Until we have the chance to accommodate you again, we wish you safe travels and invite you to continue to Consider us Home here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The night audit Melissa McGowans was exceptional. She went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. As soon as she started her shift she came over and introduced herself and asked if there was anything she could do to make our stay better. SHE REPRESENTS CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS BEST!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lisa H,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your review of our hotel here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. Melissa has, and seems she will always be, one of our brightest shining stars here. I will make sure all of her hard work and fantastic customer service does not go unnoticed or unrewarded. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future, and don't worry, Melissa will be here to greet you once again! As always Consider us Home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Gridley, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and it was a great experience. The room was large and clean. The refrigerator and dishwasher worked wonderfully. I loved the ice maker! My only complaint would be I wish there were drawers in the bathroom, but I think that at all hotels. The laundry facility was wonderful. There was a broken machine that someone had used and it leaked water all over the room. I reported it to the front desk and they cleaned it up right away. Not sure why they didn't have a sign on it saying it was broken, cause he even mentioned they knew it was broken. The one small issue with the room I had was someone thought they could get away with smoking in the bathroom and you could smell it when the shower curtain got wet. All in all, I would stay here again and plan on staying at other Candlewoods in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca A,

Thank you for your genuine and honest review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. I am always happy to hear that my housekeepers hard work is paying off, and I will make sure to pass the message along to them on your behalf! I apologize for the issue you had in guest laundry with the broken washer and water on the floor. It is our policy to make sure they are signs on any inoperable equipment while waiting on the repair company to arrive, and I will look into the reason why there wasn't one. I also wanted to apologize about the residual smoke smell in the shower curtain, this issue should have been caught by housekeeping and I will look into this as well. Overall it does seem you had a fantastic stay, and I am very glad to hear we made enough of an impression to have you come stay with us again. As always Consider us Home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed with family for an overnight trip to Richmond. Plenty of room for family of 4 and the kitchen area was useful. AC controls could have been better because it was difficult to get and keep the room at a constant temperature. Otherwise, bathroom, beds, TV, kitchen were all good. Would stay there again if we were coming to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear John D,

Thank you for your kind review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport! It is fantastic to see our property was able to satisfy all of your requirements and expectations, and I am more than happy to hear you will be a repeat guest for us next time you are in the area. As for the thermostat issue you were having, I will have my Chief Engineer looking into this to make sure it will not be an issue in the future. As always, Consider us Home here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Chris Mays

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!