“nice room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Gainesville, Virginia
“nice room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed here several times. I love having the kitchenette. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Lots of nearby restaurants. Just know that this is an extended stay place. You can book only 1 or 2 nights but you don't get maid or linen service daily.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CMays804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear SkeetGal,

Thank you for your warm and thoughtful review of our hotel here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport! I am always happy to hear that our facility, team members, cleanliness, and general customer service are recognized and appreciated, and I will make sure everyone hears how good of a job they are doing. Thank you as well for understanding the extended stay market, although it has been around for awhile now, from time to time we do have guests that aren't familiar with the policies and procedures we use to help keep our rates affordable, and it is guests such as yourself that aid and help us. Until we have the chance to accommodate you again, we wish you safe travels and invite you to continue to Consider us Home here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Chris Mays

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The night audit Melissa McGowans was exceptional. She went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. As soon as she started her shift she came over and introduced herself and asked if there was anything she could do to make our stay better. SHE REPRESENTS CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS BEST!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lisa H,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your review of our hotel here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. Melissa has, and seems she will always be, one of our brightest shining stars here. I will make sure all of her hard work and fantastic customer service does not go unnoticed or unrewarded. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future, and don't worry, Melissa will be here to greet you once again! As always Consider us Home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Gridley, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and it was a great experience. The room was large and clean. The refrigerator and dishwasher worked wonderfully. I loved the ice maker! My only complaint would be I wish there were drawers in the bathroom, but I think that at all hotels. The laundry facility was wonderful. There was a broken machine that someone had used and it leaked water all over the room. I reported it to the front desk and they cleaned it up right away. Not sure why they didn't have a sign on it saying it was broken, cause he even mentioned they knew it was broken. The one small issue with the room I had was someone thought they could get away with smoking in the bathroom and you could smell it when the shower curtain got wet. All in all, I would stay here again and plan on staying at other Candlewoods in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca A,

Thank you for your genuine and honest review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. I am always happy to hear that my housekeepers hard work is paying off, and I will make sure to pass the message along to them on your behalf! I apologize for the issue you had in guest laundry with the broken washer and water on the floor. It is our policy to make sure they are signs on any inoperable equipment while waiting on the repair company to arrive, and I will look into the reason why there wasn't one. I also wanted to apologize about the residual smoke smell in the shower curtain, this issue should have been caught by housekeeping and I will look into this as well. Overall it does seem you had a fantastic stay, and I am very glad to hear we made enough of an impression to have you come stay with us again. As always Consider us Home at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed with family for an overnight trip to Richmond. Plenty of room for family of 4 and the kitchen area was useful. AC controls could have been better because it was difficult to get and keep the room at a constant temperature. Otherwise, bathroom, beds, TV, kitchen were all good. Would stay there again if we were coming to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear John D,

Thank you for your kind review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport! It is fantastic to see our property was able to satisfy all of your requirements and expectations, and I am more than happy to hear you will be a repeat guest for us next time you are in the area. As for the thermostat issue you were having, I will have my Chief Engineer looking into this to make sure it will not be an issue in the future. As always, Consider us Home here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport!

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here before an early flight out of RIC and as we'd not experienced this property before, were a little unsure. NATHAN greeted us warmly on our arrival and explained amenities, airport transportation, wake up service, etc. We felt at ease immediately! The room was clean, well equipped, bed comfortable, NICE towels (and plenty of them), with a full kitchen! The following morning we were greeted at 6am in the lobby by MELISSA who had our room receipt ready and the airport shuttle waiting. These people (including the airport shuttle driver) were warm and sincere - expressing the true spirit of hospitality! THANK YOU - can't wait to see you on the next trip!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nonnie6,

Words cannot express the gratitude and pride I have for both you and my front desk agents here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. We strive time and time again to be industry leaders when it comes to our hospitality, person ability, and cleanliness of the property, and I am proud to say my team is doing a phenomenal job! We look forward to you coming back to visit us in the near future, and as always we promise to impress you at every turn along the way!

Superior, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here with my friend because of the proximity to the airport. we drove from Wisconsin and she was flying home the following day.

The gentleman that was working the night we checked in was very friendly, and he even called to make sure everything was okay after we had been in the room!

The room itself was great, it was clean, there was a full kitchen and a lot of space. We were at the back of the hotel and had no problems hearing any trains. Our stay was off to a very good start.

However, when we checked out and asked to leave my friends carry on there so she could come back and get a shuttle (her flight was not until 7p.m., we were told that she could not leave her bags because she was checking out, and therefor could not use the shuttle. So, even though the airport shuttle is an amenity, you can't use it unless you have an early flight. I have done a lot of travel and have NEVER had a problem leaving a bag somewhere. So she sent my friend out onto the street and around town carrying a suitcase. This problem needs to be addressed, as it ruined an otherwise wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Jengelk2,

We appreciate your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings your friend experienced and regret our customer service did not live up to your expectations. Your comments have been taken very seriously and have been shared with the Management in order to help us improve further the service that we have to offer. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I returned to this location for another business trip, it was easier than trying to check out new digs. The staff was awesome, especially after a horrible experience at the Southside location. I can still smell smoke, so if you are sensitive to smoke like me then be aware. It's more noticeable because the AC turns off when you leave the room, which means you always return to a hot and smoky room. Once the room cools, the smell is not as intense.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear TopTierTiff,

Thank you for your heartfelt and honest review of our property here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport. Our front desk team here works their hardest to make sure our customer service level is second to none, and I am very happy to hear they are still keeping it up! As for the smoke smell I do apologize. From time to time we do have guests that attempt to sneak by the "no smoking" policy we have here at the hotel, and we work diligently to deodorize and correct these issues when they arise, and I promise we will have this taken care of before your next visit. As always Consider us Home here at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, and we wish you safe travels until we see you again!

Chris Mays

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!