“Excellent place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Hamden, Connecticut, United States
“Excellent place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My first visit was excellent, I had to let my co-workers know how much I enjoyed my stay and suggested that if they were in the area to stay at the Candlewood suites Airport in Richmond Va.
It was very clean, quiet and so relaxing, I didnt want to leave. The night audit (Melissa McGowans) was so helpful with me checking in and she answered all questions with a beautiful smile. She made me feel as if I known her for years and it's such a pleasure to meet a person who went out of her way to make my stay comfortable. The rooms were large and the beds were so comfortable I even overslept. I'm looking forward to another visit.

Room Tip: Ask Melissa McGowans for assistant, she will do everything to make your stay comfortable with a beau...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Sybil H,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. Here at Candlewood Richmond we strive to have all of our guests leave our property with the same reserve towards the "Consider Us Home!" motto, and once again it seems we have met and exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future and do not worry Mrs. McGowans will always be here to comfort you during the later hours of your stay. She is one of our most revered Guest Service teammembers. Once again Consider Us Home at Candlewood Richmond Airport!

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night and were very pleased with this hotel choice. The person checking us in was very pleasant and professional. The room itself was very nice with a small kitchen, coffee, tea and popcorn - no charge. Gave you a chouice of pillow types which I never saw before - feather or another type. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom very clean, little store inside teh lobby made it nice for snacks. Very close to Richmond Airport and freeways/Interstates.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Dave B,

Thank you for your kind words and heartfelt review of our hotel. Time and time again we love to hear how we exceed our guests expectations with regards to friendliness and comfortability, and it seems in your case we have once again suceeded. Its always nice to hear that our flexability in pillow selection and ample complimentary immenities are appreciated. We hope to see you again in the near future and I promise we will never fail to impress at every turn.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Candlewood Suites on a number of occasions and have always found their accommodations and their staff to be excellent. They have always been attentive to our needs and made me feel right at home during my stays. The rooms have always been clean and the beds extremely comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Doug B,

As always thank you for your kind and honest words, our team here at Candlewood Richmond Airport always loves hearing appreciation for their friendly and comforting demeanor. The responces we get from our guests regarding the cleanliness of our property and familiarity of our front desk team is everything we strive and hope for, and as always we extend the opportunity to show you we will never fall short of impressing you.

With warm regards,

Greensboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was a very nice hotel and I had a very good rate. The exterior and interior were very nice. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. However, in arriving to our room, I found that someone had a pet in our room because the small pillow on the bed was COVERED, and I mean COVERED in pet hair. I was very disgusted and disappointed because the rest of the room was clean and well decorated. I immediately requested fresh sheets and pillowcases, in which I was given. Had I not had the pet hair on my pillow, I would have given this hotel a 5....

Room Tip: Check your pillows
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear themrsswift,

I am so sorry to hear of the issue you had with our hotel. In regards to our pet policy, we do have deep cleaning guidelines that our housekeepers go by whenever we have a pet stay with us, at this point right now I am not sure as to what step in the procedure fell through the cracks. That being said, I assure you this will be addressed with our entire team and corrected accordingly, and as you can see from our track record these issues are extreemly few and far between. I do see that for the rest of your stay you were more than satisfied, to which I am glad to hear. Next time you are in town, contact me at jbrown@cwsric.com, and I will be more than happy to set up your accommodations for you. And as always, thank you for your honest review of our property, without reviews like yours it makes managment and correcting of issues all the more difficult.

Swedesboro, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We got this hotel hoping for a nice New Years get away . Until I wrote to their corporate office the service we was uncaring and kind of rude. The only one that helped us at all was the manager Chris Mays and that was on our last day there. We had what they call a queen studio. It had a small kitchen area and the whole room was smaller than even a motel 6. The bed they insist was a queen bed was a double. We stayed at nearby extended stay in Richmond last year and that room for the same price had a loving room area kitchen and an actual bedroom. We also had trouble with the heating unit. We complained to Chris at the front desk and he did nothing to help us . Most places would at least offer a free upgrade. We are both plus sized and could not fit in that double bed( which they insist is a queen).we were there 3 nights. Also at the computer there was just one chair . I asked Chris for another chair so we could sit at the computer together he could not even do that for us.
We also told the front desk manager our problems and he was extremely rude to us. Just not a good stay

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Larrybbwadmirer,

I want to preface this by telling you that with the utmost honesty, I am heart broken to hear your review. Here at Candlewood Richmond Airport we hold our guest's satisfaction as the pinnacle of our efforts and to see that the ball was dropped so far in your case is ravaging to my peice of mind. I assure you that our queen sized mattresses in our rooms are brand standard sized, and we did verify the room you stayed in did infact have the correct bed. That being said I do apologise we did not have the capabilities of upgrading your room as we do try our hardest to have our Priority Club guests recieve the benifits when available. I am glad to hear that my Operations Manager Chris Mays was proactive in trying to provide you with piece of mind, and the issues you had with the rest of our team, I promise they will be dealt with accordingly. As you can see from our reviews over the past 4 years, our customer service and a caring and accomidating team is proven to be the herald of our sucess. Im sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and hope that you will sincerely give us the opportunity to prove our heartfelt caring service. The next time you are in the area, please feel free to contact me at Jbrown@cwsric.com, and I will be happy to set up your accomidations in one of our king suites. If you have any questions comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Respectfully

James K Brown-Hare

Waverly, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Group at Candlewood, Richmond Airport is makes a very tough holiday stay a pleasant experience. While no one likes staying away from home during a holiday season, this team of people work very hard at keeping your experience to your expectation "second to none"

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Don,

As always we love hearing wonderful feedback from our returning guests, and we know that the holidays can be the most stressful times, let alone when you have to be away from family. We love when we hear that we accomidate our guests beyond their expectations, but we are overjoyed when we hear that we did it under the most stressful time. Thank you again for your kind words and faithful buisness with us, and we will see you again soon!

Sincerely Humbled,

Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I am getting fond on this chain. (In my experience this brand and the Staybridge brand may be the only part of the IHG (International Hotel Group) franchise worth using.) This is a reasonably new, reasonably maintained facility that provides what it represents it provides. Unlike the other brands in the IHG group, IHG has not yet allowed these facilities to fall into hopeless disrepair and dirtiness. I like having a little apartment like setting to return to in the evenings rather than a room.

The facility is close to the airport, but somewhat removed from everything else. That said, it is better than the miserable IHG brand Crown Plaza and the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Richmond.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jordan C,

We here at Candlewood Richmond Airport thank you for your very honest review of our property. We are delighted to hear our brand is growing on you, and I assure you it will continue! Although our property is set off the beaten path, we find it compliments the majority of our clientele when it comes to escaping the hustle and bustle of the airport traffic. We hold the quality and presentability of our facility in the highest regards, and we are always delighted when our guests take notice. We look forward to having you return to stay with us in the future, and I promise we will never cease to impress.

Always at your service,

James K. Brown-Hare

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!