“Excellent Service & Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Corning, New York
“Excellent Service & Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Candlewood Suites is conveniently located near the Richmond Airport. The property is very clean and the service was excellent. Rates are very reasonable. The room have a refrigerator, small stove and microwave.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you Mark_Ryckman for your recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here at the Candlewood Suites - Richmond Airport. We do offer some of the most reasonable rates in the RIC airport area. It sounds like you were especially pleased with the kitchenette in your room, which is in every room here. If you find yourself in the Richmond area again, we would love for you to stay with us. At Candlewood Suites, consider us home.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed for a few days with my family and check-in and towel service was fine. However I left my door cracked and went to close it and a hotel worker burst through the door and nearly jammed my hand. She laughed while apologizing so of course I was steamed. Later that night I used the 24 hour computer downstairs and another hotel worker was doing the over night shift. It was extremely late and he came from the office and watched me the whole time on the computer. It was very uncomfortable and not appreciated, especially since I'm a woman. What the hotel offers in a gym and room may be nice but it is definitely overshadowed by questionable service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Chuck J for your recent review of your stay with us at the Candlewood Suites - Richmond Airport. First and foremost, let me apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with us. The housekeeper incident may have seemed to be intentional, but I am sure that the laugh was more her nervousness than anything else. She most likely had not realized that particular room was done and had someone checked into it. The experience in regards to using the computer down in the lobby was disturbing to read about, and the person in question is no longer with us. I hope that everything else with your stay, the kitchenette, the room location, sleep quality, etc. were all in good order. If you find yourself in Richmond again, let me know personally, and I will make sure to set you up with a reasonable rate and a wonderful experience. Consider us home.

Kenilworth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a few days for business. Convenient location with easy access to highways, retail centers and restaurant. Friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Good variety of gym equipment and free onsite laundry. I would return at any time.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you NJSunshine48 for your recent review of your stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites - Richmond Airport. I am pleased to see that you had a wonderful stay with us. It sounds as if you did some local travelling while you were here, and yes, we are very central to many different restaurants, stores, and other attractions. If you are in the Richmond area again, we would love for you to come and stay with us again. At Candlewood Suites, consider us home.

Suncoast Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had a great stay at the Candlewood Suites. The rooms are large and clean. Kitchen is well equiped, beds are comfortable, bathroom is a good size.We left a wind breaker behind and the staff offered to mail it to us. We will stay there on future trips to Richmond.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thank you Shell5786 for your recent stay and review of our property. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you would also take the time to write a review. We pride ourselves on making sure that we have the cleanest property around. Vigorous cleaning schedules, and a well trained team of guest service representatives and housekeepers makes all of these things possible. I hope that when you come back to Richmond, you stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites. Consider us home.

-James Brown-Hare, General Manager-
Groveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We have family in Virginia Beach that we visit several times a year and usually make side trips to Richmond to see the museums, gardens,etc. We stayed at the Candlewood last year and again this time...in our opinion it offers the best combination of comfort, cleanliness, and amenities at a price that's hard to beat. For those not familiar with this chain, they offer a variety of rooms, all with kitchens. We had a junior queen suite last time out as that was all they had available and it was a bit cramped. This time we booked a king suite and we were amazed at the difference...two large rooms, living area with sleeper sofa,chair, tables and flat screen tv, kitchen with full size fridge and two burner stove (no oven) extra large bathroom with cabinetry and separate bedroom with another flat screen. Everything was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable. The kitchen, equipped with suficient cookware and table settings for four people, was perfect for cooking breakfast so we didn't feel rushed to get dressed and out to eat. Extra coffee packets were available at the front desk at no charge...the clerk gave us enough the first time out to last our entire three night stay. As mentioned in other posts, there is no daily maid service; you can turn in your towels at the front desk for new ones, trash bins are located in separate enclosed areas at both ends of the hallways and additional bags are provided in the rooms. I actually prefer this set-up as we don't mind cleaning up after ourselves, don't have to worry about when the maids are coming, and the savings are substantial compared to other 'full service' chains.
A couple tips: If you are going to be using ice, pick up a bag before check in. The freezer has an ice maker but you have to turn it on first; it's extremely slow AND noisy. It ran all night the first night and when I checked the next morning, the ice cubes didn't even cover the bottom of the tray! I just turned it off after that...no big deal. The refrigerator itself worked very well.
Also, if you know when you'll be staying, the on line reservations has substantial discounts for booking a couple weeks in advance. Be sure to check both 'Best available Rate' as well as any other discount you qualify for. I found that the 'Best Available' was cheaper on certain days and my AAA discount was a better deal on others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
jbrown804, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you BilldozerGroveland for your recent review of our hotel. I want to express my joy at hearing about your stay. It sounds like you had the extended stay experience exactly the way that it should be for every guest, minus the noisy ice maker. I would normally go into detail about what we have to offer, but you have done such a wonderful job. I will simply thank you for your stay with us, and tell you to contact me if you are in the area again so that I may help you with any reservations you may need to make. We always love to see return guests at our property, and we always want you to consider us home.

-James Brown - Hare, General Manager-
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Richmond to visit my sister and stayed for two nights. We travel a lot on the weekends and stay in extended stay hotels usually because we like to have a kitchenette. This hotel was the cleanest hotel I have ever seen in my life! Even the work out and laundry space was very clean. This was also very quiet than what you would expect for an airport hotel. I will definitely stay here again when I return to visit my sister.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you Carol J for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear about your stay with us. I understand the wanting of a kitchenette, it does make life much easier when you dont have to go out and eat for every meal. We have rigorous cleaning schedules to make sure that the entire property maintains a warm, cleanly atmosphere. It seems that it has been noticed. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can set you up for your stay. At Candlewood Suites, consider us home.

-James Brown - Hare, General Manager-
Woodbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We stayed here one night on the way to Myrtle Beach and one night on the way back. The location is good, especially if you are going to be flying out of Richmond airport. They do have a free shuttle. The rooms were clean and spacious. We had a suite with a full kitchen and hot tub. The mattresses were comfortable and no sign of bed bugs. There was a free hot breakfast buffet which was ok. They have a small pantry where you can buy some snacks during your stay. If you are arriving really late, you have to do a self check-in, because the front desk closes at 10:00 pm. We arrived really late on the first night (midnight), and there still was someone at the desk. However, the system put us down as a no show, and the clerk cancelled our 2'nd night by mistake. When we returned for the second night, we had no reservation. The clerk said that she couldn't give me a room, so I called Priority Club and they were the ones that told me that the hotel cancelled my reservation (apparently the hotel didn't know that). Finally, they gave me the room after about an hour of calls. The staff really did not want to help me out and made me make all the calls, which I found was very unprofessional.
Besides that, everything else was ok. I would not stay here again because I prefer more service and this is more of a "do it yourself" type hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!