“A Magical Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Mankin Mansion Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
Historic Mankin Mansion Bed and Breakfast
4300 Oakleys Lane, Richmond, VA 23223   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Richmond B&B and Inns
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“A Magical Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I purchased the LivingSocial deal for The Mankin Mansion as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday night and had a perfect experience. We stayed in the Jefferson Suite and loved the sun room! The bottle of wine, popcorn and candy were a wonderful touch. The beds were amazingly comfortable. Only complaint I have is that the pillows were a bit too soft for my taste.

Breakfast was amazing both mornings. Paula and Martin were so attentive and sweet. I loved them so very much! The mango bellinis were particularly delicious.

The grounds were spectacular and everything was just magical. I can't say enough great things about this place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I were searching for a B&B close to our Williamsburg, VA home as we were getting away for our 19th wedding anniversary. It fell on a work day and he needed to be able to vacation one work day plus half of another day and return to work. This worked great for location. I found it through LivingSocial.

Room Tip: Bridal Cottage fantastic and romantic.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I - both from CA - found this Bed & Breakfast, which is also a wedding resort, through LivingSocial - and we are so so glad we did! We had a wonderful time at this relaxing B&B after a very busy, fast-paced time in DC. The owners, Paula & Martin, were incredibly friendly and accommodating. We stayed in the Farmer's Cottage, which had the most comfortable bed and adorable country-style decorations. The breakfast was delicious each day, and they were easily able to accommodate my vegetarian diet and my boyfriend's aversion to eggs! I know we will definitely make another visit whenever we're in the area again! Oh, and the game room is fantastic - we spent a few hours in there every night playing pool, darts, foosball, checkers, and basketball.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Mankin Mansion in June and we had such a great time. The proprietors treated us like family, and we felt welcome from the minute we arrived. We got stuck in traffic and didn't get into Richmond until late at night. I called to let them know and they checked me in over the phone! Upon our arrival there was a typed letter to us giving instructions of what to do. The room was fabulous, and the game room was so fun.
The grounds are beautiful, the breakfast was FANTASTIC (did I mention that I told them about my gluten allergy and they made me a gluten-free breakfast every morning?), and the people were so friendly.

Overall it was one of my favorite vacations in my life. I cannot wait to go back and spend more time there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed here on our way through Virginia and enjoyed ever minute. The mansion is beautiful and the Farmer's Cottage (where we stayed) is quaint and comfortable. It made us feel like we were in the country instead of a big city. The beds are great and breakfast was to die for! It was delivered every morning to our cottage by Paula and Martin. The staff is helpful and can provide a variety of options for Richmond's activities. The on-site wedding planner, Mary Katherine, was a gem! She gave a tour of the house and explained its incredible history. She even recommended running sites for us which turned out to be great! The grounds are breathtaking and well maintained, its Southern elegance at it's best! They even have an outdoor large scale chess board that's fun to play after a long day on the road...bring bug spray the mosquitos can be annoying.

The family hosts many weddings throughout the year, but they are opened as as B and B as well!
Overall our experience was great and my husband and I left wishing we could get married again but this time at Mankin Mansion!

• Stayed June 2011
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

The Ramirez family makes every moment perfect at this unique property. The grounds and cottages are elegant, relaxing and inviting. The amenities are top notch. Every room is beautiful with attention to detail. Our family enjoyed every minute of our stay and can't wait to return! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

This place is SO AMAZING!! I got married in October and it was beautiful. You will not be disapointed with the venue, the owners or the wedding consultant. They truly love what they do, they are so professional and welcoming. It I could use more than 5 stars I would!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Historic Mankin Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!