“Excellent Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn - Richmond Downtown location on Feb. 8th and the service that I received from all of the staff was outstanding! Everyone was extremely nice and accommodating to my needs. One employee who stood out was Art Stewart who checked me in at the front desk. There was a bad snow storm that affected much of the east coast and caused my airline reservations to be changed. Instead of arriving in Richmond at 3:00 pm, I arrived around 12:45 pm to the hotel. I explained to Art that my travel day had worn me out, as I had to take a flight at 6:10 am and travel to Atlanta just to arrive to Richmond for my scheduled business. Check in is not until 4:00 pm, but Art was able to get me a room early so that I can get the needed rest for my business meeting the following day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Trinia;

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback on Tripadvisor. I was sorry to hear you had tough travels during one of the storms, but glad to hear Art assisted you as noted. I will thank Art for his efforts, and we do hope to see you soon back to Richmond.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Pasadena, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We just stayed at this hotel in early Feb. 2013. Very nicely decorated and they even had displays with information about the dept. store that was once in this location. The staff is very friendly. We did notice a little street noise so I'd suggest requesting an upper floor. The convention center is across the street. Valet parking on the property runs $21 per day, otherwise you must find somewhere else to park a car.

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 5, 6 & 7 have a city view and less street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveljen;

We appreciate your visit to Richmond and stay with us at the HGI - former Miller & Rhoads department store. Yes, sometimes you can hear the "sounds of the city", and sometimes as you noted on the higher floors, or our interior "atrium" rooms it is very quiet. We'll share your feedback with the team, and look forward to your next visit.

John & team
Damascus, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Easy access to convention center and capitol. Great restaurants within walking distance. Very helpful hotel staff. Unique hotel layout. Nice quite room, but a long walk to get to it...which was okay. Staff did a great job of taking care of every need, like storing bags until conference was over and even lent me corkscrew.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear DB22112;

Thanks for your recent visit and feedback on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking some time to provide us info. about your visit, and we'll share it with the team.

We hope to see you back in Richmond soon !

John Cario - GM
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am the Executive Director of a small state organization. We chose the Hilton Garden Inn for a very important annual event and they could not have been better! Kathryn McDonald, the Catering Manager was outstanding to work with and Matthew Richardson, their chef was magnificent! My organization and our guests could not have been happier! The General Manager John Cario was there during the planning to the finish and always available, although his staff handled everything with great professionalism. Our block of rooms were great. Very clean and comfortable.

Dear VSC;

Thank you for your recent event at our facility. We certainly enjoyed hosting this event, and we also appreciate your kind feedback regarding the team. I will personally thank each for ensuring your event was a success. We hope to see you should your travels bring you back to Richmond and our HGI.

John Cario - GM
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The check - out and charging my credit card when it was told that it would be paid another method of payment and was charge twice and could not resolve it with the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond, VA. My bank resolve the matter not the Hilton Garden Inn and I did not received a follow up called to let me know that the matter was resolve only from my bank that my account would be credit back a refund that was debit from my account.
Ms. Carter
Adventurous Travels

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Carter;

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. I had tried to email you as well, however had not heard back from you. On behalf of the team here, I apologize that you had issues with your credit card, but glad to hear it was resolved. I hope the rest of your stay went well, and this incident with your card doesn't tarnish the entire visit with us. I welcome your call or email to discuss further, as we want you to be happy and think of us first when you return to Richmond.

Manassas, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We attended a meeting at the hotel and Lobby Day at the Virginia General Assembly. The staff was amazing! They went all out to make sure we were happy campers. The rooms were well-appointed and clean. The service was outstanding. This is aa old Miller and Rhodes department store and warehouse that was converted into a hotel. It is within walking distance of the VA Capital. We will definately stay there again, and again!

Dear Jo Ellen;

Thanks for your recent visit here and to the "Hill", hope all went well. I'll certainly thank the team for their efforts with your recent meeting and visit. Hope to see you again soon.

Big Stone Gap, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff at this hotel absolutely made our stay! They were the friendliest, most on-task hotel staff that I have ever encountered. Everyone from the valet's to the front desk to Nikki (our attendant at breakfast) was amazing.

The hotel was clean and the room was nice, but the staff and their awesome attitudes will be what I remember most about my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear "Me Heather - Who You" :)

Thanks for your recent visit to our hotel and wonderful post to Tripadvisor. Yes, we have a great staff, and I'm grateful for all that delivered excellent service to you.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Richmond, and our HGI - Richmond Downtown.

"Me John - GM"

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown? Share your experiences!