“Does not honor reservation” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Falls Church, Virginia
“Does not honor reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Reserved a room here in January. Ryan called me on March 8, 6 days before arrival, to tell me that they were "overbooked." They were "rebooking" me at a Comfort Suites - didn't ask if that was what I wanted, just did it. I called back and spoke to the front desk, who assured me that I still had a reservation (so clearly, my room was still my room). I asked to speak to Ryan, to make sure that there were no surprises upon arrival. He stated that in fact they were overbooked, and they were moving "recent" reservations to the Comfort Bedbug Suites. I booked the Wingate 8 weeks previously. Stay here, if you want to have your reservation taken away at the last minute. Stayed here previously. Never again. Never. Wasted so much time trying to find a decent room at the last minute, thanks to the Wingate giving rooms away to a new group.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. You will "rebooked" any way.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bessemer City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

the room was very roomy and clean. on my depart i forgot my grandsons books. i went back a after i found that i forgot them (2 hours later) and the man at the desk went out of his way to find them for me. i WILL be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

HeinsRyan, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham- Richmond/ Short Pump, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hi Mollie,

We appreciate your review on tripadvisor and our staff was more than happy to help. We welcome the comments about the room being large and clean!

Hope to see you soon,
Pennington Gap, Virginia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel was in a great location. The rooms were very clean and well put together and everything in the hotel was self explanatory. The woman who checked us into our room was was very energetic and polite. We enjoyed our stay very much and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Hi Doris D,

I sincerely appreciate the kind words about the great location of the hotel right next to the Short Pump Mall and all the restaraunts you could ever want! I beleive the energetic woman that checked you in was our General Manager - Danyel. She's a wonderful person and extremely good at her job! Any time you're back in the area we'd love to have you.

Safe Travels,
North Bethesda, Maryland, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was a very convenient location for us. We were attending the orchid show right across the street. There so many places to eat near by and shopping everywhere. The hotel is clean and the staff was so nice, especially Chris who works at the front desk. The breakfast bar was not the best, but it was free.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Hi Kathleen B,

The wonderful Orchid show at Strange's Nursery across the street! You were a wonderful and I certainly hope your orchids made a safe trip back home. We appreciate the great compliments of all the restaurants locally, there is something famaliar for everyone. I will pass the praise to Chris, who I agree is absolutely excellent.

Hope to see you for next year's show,
Chesterfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am really weird about hotels and I hate germs. This is a great place to stay! Loved everything about it! The staff is super friendly and the hotel was very clean. My only negative was that the towels had some rips and such around the edges, but that was extremely small compared to how well everything was there. Breakfast was also great!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad to hear that we passed with flying colors your "Germ Test!" We are an extremely new hotel, having only been open for 4 years. We're still in the process of being discovered by others and are more than willing to help with the discovery process. We also apppreciate the kind words about breakfast. What was your favorite part: making your own waffles, the eggs, the bacon, or the coffee?

Regards,
Ryan

Been to Wingate by Wyndham- Richmond/ Short Pump? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham- Richmond/ Short Pump

Address: 13991 North Gayton Road, Richmond, VA 23233
Location: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#15 Romantic Hotel in Richmond
#16 Business Hotel in Richmond
#16 Family Hotel in Richmond
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham- Richmond/ Short Pump 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham- Richmond/ Short Pump reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham- Richmond/ Short Pump Hotel Richmond

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham- Richmond/ Short Pump, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.