“Nice hotel in great location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Nice hotel in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We spent one night at the hotel which is located in the historic Shockhoe Slip area. The room was nice and very clean with a comfortable bed. Service is OK. The clerk that checked us in did not offer us the 20% off coupon for dinner at the hotel restaurant; another clerk did later on. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant. My husband enjoyed his; mine was disappointing. There are lots of interesting restaurants in the neighborhood so don't feel compelledntoneat there.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

The staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were big and very comfortable. Everyone was so patient. Everything was clean and soooo quiet. Was in a great location with wonderful restaurants nearby and shopping places in Shockoe Slip. The Sunday Brunch was delicious. Definitely well worth it!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

The desk clerk and valet were the nicest I've encountered at any hotel. They were very thoughtful and courteous. They seemed eager to help. I was left with a very positive view of the hotel and of Richmond. Also, my room was very spotlessly clean and comfortable. I'm kind of persnickety, so I normally keep my socks on when staying in a hotel, but here I felt comfortable in bare feet. The bed was nicer than my mattress at home. I was on the second floor on a Friday night and slept soundly.

The only negative thing I can think of is one piddly detail: The laminated TV channel guide, which was left on a nightstand, was not up to date. In all, I had a delightful stay and would definitely recommend this hotel. I greatly appreciated how nice and thoughtful the staff were during my brief stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Small intimate hotel. Staff is excellent. Great food. in house..Nice local eateries..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Purcellville, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I have to say this was the best hotel experience I have ever had with the most courteous and helpful staff I have had the pleasure to interact with. From the valet that greeted me as if I were a VIP, through the front desk staff that had my gorgeous room ready hours early, to the waiters in the restaurant that made sure every detail of my experience was perfect; to the housekeepers that knew my name and made sure my room was clean/made to my liking I give this hotel 6 STARS.
Food was excellent, service unbelievable, and the walking convenience to everything I needed in downtown Richmond was phenomenal. I will only stay here from now on and can't wait to bring the family.
All this for a moderate price. Don't miss this one!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

What a wonderfully unpretentious luxury hotel. Top notch staff, good beds and good food in the dining room.

• Stayed January 2011
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I travel a lot. This time happened to be with my very spoilt and fussy teenage son. I had seen this hotel a few times so I finally decided to give it a try. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. The suite we had was exquisite. Clean with a beautiful decor. For the price I paid, the room was superb. The staff amazing, well informed, kind, but most of all very welcoming, a rarity these days. The piece de resistence was the food. As I mentioned I stay in hotels a lot and even good hotel food is usually only ok. Well this food could be compared to any five star restaurant. WOW! I had the lamb and my son the crab cakes. This hotel reminded me of the hotels I usually stay in New York or Paris. I will be back very soon.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Berkeley Hotel? Share your experiences!