“Big Hotel Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Central Coast, California
“Big Hotel Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friend and I attended a convention in the area and were directed to stay here for a few days. It is a huge hotel so the experience is a little impersonal. The building itself is nicely furnished and comfortable and every person I dealt with was friendly and helpful. Our room was large with decent amenities although I think a fan in the bathroom and another mirror in the bedroom would be good. The valet parking takes some getting used to; the space is tight with many cars jostling for position although the staff was efficient. It is centrally located to a beautiful old part of town with many restaurants so we enjoyed exploring the area. We walked to the canal boat rides, too, and walked the historic canal walk which is close by. Sunday night, however, the town closes up so there's not much choice then. We used the free boarding pass printer in the business room which was nice. And the taxi stand right outside was helpful, too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Omni Richmond on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your comments regarding our hotel and are glad you enjoyed our historic location in Richmond. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to her college orientation. We were traveling with our pet Westie so was happy to find out that this is a pet friendly hotel for small dogs. On arrival the valet staff was very friendly and patient. There was no grass by the hotel entrance and I was worried that there would not be a place to walk our pet but one of the young men directed me to available lawn area directly behind the hotel. Once we had that figured out we were off to a great stay. The hotel honored my request to be in a room away from the elevators and near the end of the hallway. We had a very nice room with very comfy bedding. We ordered room service which would be my only complaint. The girl who delivered the food was so sweet and helpful so I thought we were off to a good start but the Caesar salad was mediocre, the pizza was cold, and we couldn't eat the dessert. The next morning proved that the food can be wonderful at the hotel. We went down to the restaurant as breakfast was included in our room package. That experience was delightful. Both my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We ordered off the menu and both our server and our table looking out on the elegant office lobby area made for a really nice start to our day. We also had some minor issues with the wi-fi which seemed a little odd for being in a downtown hotel. All and all, it was a great stay and I would say the hotel deserves a 4.5. I would also like to add that I filled out the survey sent by the hotel and that I got a personal response from the manager saying he would look into my concerns about room service and the wi-fi. That goes a long way to making me happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Many thanks for your detailed review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your feedback both here and through our in house survey and are glad we could reach out to you to learn more about your experience. If you return to Richmond, we hope you will once again consider us for your accommodations
Western Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed the and overall I would say the room was lovely. The quality of the hotel is good and some staff are supberb. However firstly they were a little surprised when I refused a room next to the lifts and ice machine room. So we then had to wait a further hour until a room was ready. After being misdirected for parking I was now a little frustrated and it was the concierge who stepped in and saved the day. She was brilliant and recognised the stay had not got off to the start we all wanted. After that I thought the hotel was good.

• Stayed July 2013
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Although we regret that your arrival at the hotel did not go smoother, we are delighted to read that in the end you had a good experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive, and we hope you will return soon.
Sugar Land
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

There were some minor issues with our room which were IMMEDIATLY resolved. The staff, Diane in particular, was amazing! Not only did they go above and beyond, but treated us like royalty and more than made up for our minor issue. Absolutely amazing service! Loved having free Starbucks and a paper in the morning. The breakfast at Trevi's was fabulous, as was the waitstaff. The entire staff and visit was just great. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Omni Richmond annually for several years and this year's visit was by far the best. The front desk staff and valet parking staff were remarkably friendly, and one of the front desk staff came to recognize me by name during my several day stay. The free room service morning beverages were a treat in comparison to the usual in room coffee maker fare. The fitness center can be a bit hard to find (it is the Y which is in James Center adjacent to the hotel), but the equipment there was up to date, nearly unoccupied during my 7 AM work outs, and the staff there very accomodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

There were some minor issues with our room; however the Omni staff was more than accommodating. The bed was very comfortable! Great location and nice pool. I just wish that the pool was outside and not under a canopy.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Omni Richmond. We are glad you had a great stay but regret that there were some minor issues. We hope you will stay with us again and if you do please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there are any concerns, no matter how small, that we can address to make your stay more enjoyable.
Jamestown, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked through Omni for a 4th of July special and to celebrate me finishing chemo and radiation for advanced stage breast cancer. It was to be a celebration weekend and they made it so special. They gave us free breakfast buffets for both mornings, free Starbucks coffees (a Starbucks is in the hotel) and upon entering our room Friday evening we had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne awaiting chilled with 2 fluted glasses. We even used the orange juice from the mini bar and they did not charge us for that. All the staff were kind and pleasant and the pool is large, very clean, and a nice warm temperature, perfect! I can't believe how incredible they made this celebratory weekend for us. Now I just pray that I am cancer free and it doesn't come back. We will return to the Omni and thank them for an incredible experience. By the way it is in a nice location, close to the capitol museums, restaurants, (although there's was wonderful!) and the canal walk. This is the best hotel experience I have ever had, thank you Omni Richmond!

Room Tip: Higher rooms give a nice view of the city.