“Great stay over Easter weekend...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 12%. Book Now
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
wilmington, nc
“Great stay over Easter weekend...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We travelled to Richmond for a wrestling tournament over Easter weekend with our 3 children. I booked at the Omni, but was really skeptical because of the low price (we paid $87 per night). From the Valet, bellhop to the front desk, everyone was more than friendly. The lobby itself was impressive. The woman at the concierge stand gave my children their own Omni backpacks which had cute arts and crafts items in it.
The next day after a long day at the tournament, I tried to find a store that was open that would have Easter Items since I slacked and did not bring anything with me. Since everything was closed, I spoke to the concierge and again they were more than helpful. They had made Easter Baskets for their staff, and had left overs, so they gave me some items that I could use to put the kids candy in. Way more than I would have expected them to do! The pool was great, even with no hot tub!
We had Easter Brunch at the hotel the next day, the food and service were both excellent.

The only complaint that I had was on check out it took almost 30 minutes to get our car form the valet. We ended up leaving a bag in the hotel lobby because we were so excited that the car was finally here! I called the next morning, only to be told my bag was nowhere to be found. I was really upset, but could not fault the hotel for this. I did get a call today (2 days later) that they did locate my bag, and they are sending it to me FedEx at no cost.

If you are staying in Richmond, I would definitely recommend the Omni.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Ware, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent a single night in this downtown landmark, adjoining the Wells Fargo building. The staff was pleasant, efficient and eager to please. Although we were sad that there was no hot tub at the pool to soothe us after our drive to town, the pool itself was heated to a bath-like 89 degrees and the skylit rooftop pavilion that houses it is a relaxing retreat. We had a satisfying meal in the curiously empty Italian-themed restaurant in the hotel lobby, where only a handful of tables were occupied. After dinner, we were sad to discover that our neighbors in our sixteenth floor room were a rowdy (although very happy) family; the front desk promptly arranged for a new, quieter room as soon as we requested it and promptly sent a bellhop up with keys to our new room. We paid about $125 for our weeknight room, plus the parking fee. This was an excellent value, and the hotel's ordinarily higher rates are in line with its many virtues and exceedingly convenient location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your complimentary review of the Omni Richmond on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure for us to read what may your stay enjoyable and we hope you will stay with us again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way down south for vacation. The hotel staff is very helpful upon arrival; our car was valeted and we were checked in all within 10 minutes (online check-in is a great idea). Valet was also quick getting our car when we went out for dinner that night and when we left the next morning. Our room was clean and spacious. Free wifi, but only if you are a select guest member, so sign up when you make your reservation. Trevi's is also a cute restaurant and bar where we stopped to have a couple of drinks after dinner (nice, warm service there too). Literally two minutes (if that much) from the highway, so easy to get in and out as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your quick stopover at the Omni Richmond. Thank you for sharing all of your kind words on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I don't often get to spend just one evening in a hotel property and rate it as highly as I did this place. OK, I expected it to be nice and all, but the whole experience was awesome. The staff that greeted me at the door and helped with valet parking were quick, helpful and pleasant. As one guy took my rental car the other went inside and had my room keys and packet ready for me my wife to immediately go upstairs - what a nice touch! I had earlier communicated with Beth Williams and all was in readiness. The room was just what we wanted and so clean and quiet. I loved that my wife had a choice of "her" tolietries or the hotel-provided; I gotta say that I really liked the bar soap (it wasn't too creamy for my shower). The bed was perfect and I want to thank Guest services associate Ariel Murdock for the nice snack tray and bottle of wine, what a classy gesture. I believe this has got to be the best customer service ever for us and we do appreciate it. Of course, the elevators were quick, the staff we met were very attentive, and we rerally like how close the hotel was to what we wanted to see downtown BUT we got to come back to this place. Thanks again, OMNI Richmond for such a nice stay.

Room Tip: Be sure and respond to the Guest Services folks for the be4st experience. they are great at helping...
Abingdon, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a very convenient hotel to the downtown area. The hotel is nice and is connected to the Wells Fargo building. The hotel staff were very friendly. My room was very nice and had a good view. The beds were not comfortable but that was my only complaint. There is a $20.00 a day charge for parking that I was not aware of before arriving. The staff did not tell me of this charge -we learned of it when asking if we could self park. I had booked the room through a third party and had planned on booking an extra night through the Omni. They were unable to come close to the price I found online and advised me to book through a third party again. When I did this I ended up booking a 4 star room downtown thinking it would be the Omni but it was another hotel across the street. I would stay at the Omni again if the price is competitive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the the Omni Richmond on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a great stay but apologize if we missed the opportunity to communicate parking charges prior to your arrival. We have done our best to make sure all of our online partners are aware of this fee but we will recheck to make sure they are making this information easily accessible. We are happy to read that you would consider returning. It would be our pleasure to have you back.
Jamestown, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This Omni was located very near where I had to be so the location was convenient. It is in a very cute section of Richmond and had good restaurants within walking distance. The hotel was beautiful, the staff was great. I mean really great. We were ready to check out by 10:30, but had gotten enthralled in a movie. The manager came by to check on the room around 12 and saw that we were watching the end of the movie, so she had the maid clean a different room to allow us to see the end. There were other little things throughout our 4 day stay that added up to a wonderful place with friendly people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your compliments of the Omni Richmond on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a great stay and were even able to extend your check out to finish your movie. If you return to Richmond, we hope you will once again consider a stay with us.
Groton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a great time we had at the Omni! We were able to bring our dog for a nominal pet fee (I think). The staff was very attentive and were always petting our dog and giving him treats! The rooms were very comfortable and had great views of downtown Richmond. Comfy beds and lots of room. We will be staying there again!

Room Tip: If you are up higher, you should have a good view of Richmond--the north (?) side will have a view o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are glad that both you and your four legged friend had a great stay at the Omni Richmond. Thank you for writing a review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Omni Richmond? Share your experiences!