“Convention” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 81 hotels in Richmond
York, PA
“Convention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Omni Richmond tries very hard to be a 5 star hotel. Most of the staff were very friendly, professional, and accommodating. Valet and bellman services were efficient and timely, considering how busy this location can be. Loved the room, but not the view. If I'm paying the price of a luxury hotel, I really don't want to look out and see a parking garage. I would have preferred a street view. The beds were comfy and the bedding was luxurious, just like home. I was taken back when the front desk told me there is a $15.00 per day rental fee to use the in-room refrigerator. This refrigerator was fully stocked with sodas, wine, snacks, etc. which I would have also had to pay for if I had rented the fridge and used any of the items. I was afraid to ask "how much?" On the plus side, as an Omni Select Guest, I received complimentary beverage service and a newspaper each morning and two bottles of water and ice each evening. One day we came back to find that housekeeping had only made up ONE of our beds. This seemed so unusual. When I called the front desk, housekeeping was sent immediately to our room to fix this. The faucet on the bathroom sink was loose and the plumbing rattled like crazy when anyone above us was taking a shower. The walls are a bit thin because I could hear doors slamming throughout the night the first night. In spite of this, I managed to get a little sleep. I like the fact that The Tobacco Company and James River Center are both so close. The wait staff for our convention lunches and dinners were very hard working, polite, and unobtrusive.... in short, they made the Omni proud. I had no trouble with check out and even got tremendous help from the bellman when packing my care. Thanks, Omni Richmond!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for an odd numbered room. I think those rooms face the street side and may have a b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to read about all aspects of your stay at our hotel. Although we love to read the compliments of our guests we also find it constructive to read about where we may have missed the mark so we can make the appropriate adjustments to our services. Thank you for your complimentary words about our associates. We are fortunate to have such a great team and are proud to read about how they treated you during your time with us.

632 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the Rocketts Landing Triathlon. The hotel was within 5 easy minutes of the race venue which made the multiple trips for packet pickup, pre-race stuff easy and stress free. The rooms are nice and clean, no strange odors and the internet was speedy and reliable. I used Valet parking because the available garages were farther than I wanted to walk. I found the staff to be extremely helpful about how to get around and what traffic areas to avoid. The front desk staff was nice, though the check in person did not tell me I was assigned to the club level until after I made a request for a lower floor. Had he told me I was on the club level, I probably could have gotten over my fear of heights. All in all a nice stay. The breakfast buffet is excellent. I enjoyed it both mornings.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Richmond during the Rocketts Landing Triathlon. Thank you for sharing your complimentary review on TripAdvisor and we hope you will return soon!
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

There for a convention of about 200 people. Good meeting rooms. Restaurant facilities and convention meals okay. Some meals not part of convention had to be searched for in the area. Weekend meals at noon limited as to availability.

• Stayed November 2012
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the Omni Richmond. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a two star motel, not a hotel. Park across the street at the parking garage off of of 12th street. The Valets is $20 a night and not worth the wait. The restaurant was the worst food I've ever eaten in my life. Spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We regret to read your review and are even more disappointed that there are not more details for us to follow up on. If you would consider returning please do not hesitate to contact our management prior to your arrival so we can ensure that any issues you encountered are addressed.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We visited Richmond after spending two days at the Omni in Charlottesville (see seperate review). Easy to find and my first advice is use the valet parking if you are staying mid week. We parked round the corner and found that the daily cost was higher. Unfortunately our room had a very sour smell and just to check that we were not being over fussy, we verified with housekeeping who offered to spray the room! We went to reception to explain our concern and as we had checked in early, they said there was not another room available immediately but suggested we went back at 3 PM, which we did. We were given a new room on the Club floor which was fine and at no time did I feel that the staff took a critical view of our request to change. The new room was fine and up to the stnadard of other Omni hotels we have stayed in. Other than that, the hotel is well located with lots of local restaurants and a short walk to the River Walk. The YMCA gym is in the same building is well equipped and easy to use. Finally, the breakfast buffet is first class.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We are grateful for the opportunity to read about your experience at the Omni Richmond Hotel. Although we regret that the first room was not up to par we are delighted to read that you were quickly moved and well taken care of. Thank for you choosing Omni Hotels for your travels and we hope to welcome you back to another one of our properties soon!
Whitehall, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Overall, this is a very good hotel. The rooms were very well kept and clean. The decor could use a bit of an update. The location is fantastic and has numerous very good places to dine. The staff is very helpful and goes out of their way to help. The only negative comment would be the poor service for the breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have very good views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We are glad you had a great stay but apologize that the service at breakfast fell short. We will share your comments with our restaurant manager. Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and we hope you will stay with us again soon.
Okeechobee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had to fly to Richmond because a family member had a medical emergency and was hospitalized at VCU intensive care. I am so glad I chose the Omni! The hotel was immaculate - from the lobby to the halls, elevators, public restrooms and the hotel rooms. My room had a nice view of the river. The Bed was super comfortable, lots of real feather pillows, & quality sheets which makes a huge difference to me. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. There is a nice Italian restuarant in the hotel and a Starbucks in the hotel as well. Nice location walking distance to the Capitol, Governor's Mansion and to the VCU Hospital. Historic area right outside the door with a variety of great restaurants. I will definatly return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Although we regret the reason you had to visit Richmond, we are glad we could make your time in our city more enjoyable. Thank you for your kind review and we hope your family member is experiencing a quick recovery.

Been to Omni Richmond? Share your experiences!