“Coming from the Sheraton to Westin and glad we did...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Coming from the Sheraton to Westin and glad we did...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

One night at the Sheraton for a race, then on to the Westin...upgraded to club level, front desk was quick, noted status, upgrade, and quick chat on the property. No shuttle service on weekend. nice lobby and courtyard, with fire pits and cornhole. Lounge is nice with many offerings and great employees. Free parking. Richmond is spread out but we were not far from downtown, food, and shopping. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Singtx, thank you for your recent stay and review of The Westin Richmond. We are glad you had an overall enjoyable weekend and I apprecaite the positive information you shared with the Tripadvisor community. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am a Starwood Preferred Guest and for business travel, the Westin is a standard hotel where I choose to stay. I always know what I will ‘get’ with each Westin stay. The beds are comfortable, good lighting in rooms, nicely appointed bathrooms and good service from the staff. I was pleased with the Westin in Richmond, VA - nice common areas and quiet hallways & rooms. The location is not central to downtown Richmond but, an easy & quick drive to museums and other downtown attractions. The value of this hotel based on price & hotel amenities = a great one!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Biology100, thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and Westin. We are grateful fo your business and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to see that you had a positve experience and we look forward to serving you again soon. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for a conference and was very impressed with the high quality service and features for the price. They market their bedding, showers, etc as "heavenly" and I'd have to agree. Their attention to detail was so complete that the floormats in the hotel elevators had a greeting corresponding to the time of day - "Good Morning," "Good Afternoon," and "Good Evening." It's not a large hotel, there were only 2 elevators, but still to take the time to change them out like that is certainly a level of detail you don't see often.

While I didn't take advantage of it the fact that you can borrow workout clothes and new balance tennis shoes for $5 is ingenious and a great way to promote good health.

Room Tip: As a Starwoods points member I was automatically placed on a "preferred floor" and my room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear StacyinDC2012, thank you for your recent visit and the excellent review you shared. We are glad to see that you had a "Heavenly" expereince. I appreciate your noticing our attention to the details as this is what sets us apart from the rest...we take great pride in our ability to do so. Thank you again and we look forward to your return soon. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this Westin looking for a hotel close to U of R. Spacious clean, modern room, great service, with accommodating late check-out made for a surprisingly relaxed and indulgent overnight in Richmond. (Loved the fitness wear delivery for $5!! I pack light and this was right up my alley!)

• Stayed April 2013
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Pairandaspare, thank you for staying with us recently on your trip to UofR. We are proud to be the preferred hotel for U of R and I am grateful fo ryour positive review of the hotel and your expereince. I am glad to see you liked the New Balance Gear Lending program that Westin offers, it is a very convenient option. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Be well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had a breakfast meeting in the banquet area of the Westin Hotel and found it to be a great place.
The banquet room was perfect for the large group who attended and the banquet staff were very
professional. The food was served hot and fresh. We also enjoyed the location of the hotel. It was
convenient to downtown Richmond as well as the west end. I would highly recommend the hotel for
you next meeting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear KevinW, thank you for joining us for the RMA breakfasts, I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the events and appreciate your time in writing a positive review of your experience. We look forward to continuing to host this special event and look forward to seeing you again soon at The Westin Richmond. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

When in Richmond I always stay at this Westin, and it's one of the nicest in the Westin chain. On the Club floor the rooms are spacious and well-appointed. The desk is large and comfortable, with electrical outlets and media connections on the front of the desk (so no need to crawl under the desk to plug in a laptop or other electronic device).

The hotel has all the amenities you expect from a Westin -- comfortable Heavenly Bed, wonderful shower, in-room single-cup coffee maker with Starbucks coffee. If you're a Starwood member they have an executive club lounge with complimentary breakfast and evening snacks. (The breakfast is only so-so -- eggs & sausage, e.g., were cold and not very tasty -- but they do have bagels, hard-boiled eggs, and a variety of cold cereal available).

This property has exceptionally friendly staff that go out of their way to make you comfortable. The front desk staff noticed that I was carrying a fast food take-out bag when I checked in, exhausted from my 14 hours+ of air travel, they offered (without my asking) to get me a plate & silerware so I would not have to eat out of a plastic bag. Little things like that can make a surprising difference in how you feel at the end of a long trip, especially when it's offered proactively.

I can't imagine staying anywhere else when coming to the Richmond area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Wahineontheroad, thank you for such a generous review of your stays with us. I am so pleased to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations and that my associates take such instinctive care of you; this is truly what sets us apart from our competition and I am so proud of this fact. Thank you for your detailed review of the rest of your experience as well regarding our Executive Club level rooms and lounge; it is a great amenity of our property and definitely worth the price of the upgrade. We look forward to serving you again soon. Stay well and travel safe, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very nice staff, very modern, very convenient, very friendly, very clean, very reasonable, very clean, very pet friendly, very West Broad Street! Whew! I think that's all of the very's.

We requested a late check in that was smooth. No issues (like they gave our room away).

If I had to give one issue---it would be that I did put in my reservation that I would be arriving with a small pet. When I checked in with my dog on a leash they were kind of shocked b/c of the they assigned us to a room on a NON-PET floor.
I was kind of p'd off b/c I don't agree with putting guest with pets on one floor like we're contaminated! Huh?!?

Anywho, they gave us the room they originally assigned. The valet guy, is very kind.

The stay was great.

We were on the back side of the hotel and I could hear the highway behind the hotel. I wasn't really loud but it was noticeable is you have to have complete silence to get to sleep at night.

The location is perfect---it's like in the middle of West Broad Street--main thorough of Richmond.

I forgot to mention we had the option for a stand-up shower or a tub--we requested the shower and it was great BUT there is a huge flaw with the shower...the floor was always soak and wet from water not staying in the shower nothing major (only if you don't bust your axx) but it did cause for me to call and request a lot of towels to keep on the floor!

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: A little noise on the back-side of the hotel from the highway. All pet owners will be put on the 3r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ebonydiva, thank you for your recent visit and overall great review of your experience. I am pleased that you and your canine companion enjoyed your stay. As far as our "designated" pet floor, it is only designated so that we can provide special service to these rooms as many other guests have allergies to pets and thus we have to service these rooms a little special to ensure all of our guests have a positive experience. We definitely enjoy having our guest's canine companions in the hotel and are very proud of our service accordingly. Thank you also for your gift of feedback regarding the shower doors, we will continue to be aggressive in ensuring the shower seals are fitted correctly to prevent any water leaking into the floors. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager

Been to The Westin Richmond? Share your experiences!