“Westin Hotel Richmond, VA” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 81 hotels in Richmond
Marietta, Georgia
“Westin Hotel Richmond, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were there on Friday and Saturday. In spite of a large weekend conference and a wedding the hotel was relatively quite. The rooms are well designed. The bathroom does not have a tub, so you have a lager shower and more square footage to spread out. My wife and daughter loved it. The bathroom sink in set in a cabinet where you have an open area to store stuff. The bedroom was spacious with plenty of room for the three of us to move around. The my wife liked the makeup mirror in the room. Not something she has figured out to pack in her suitcase. Front desk staff efficient, helpful and quick to help you out. The workout room, which I use often when I travel, was the best I have ever used, was able to get in a full workout. We did not use the restaurant or bar. We enjoyed the modern look of the hotel. The rooms beds, and linens were excellent.. The staff bellman was a gentleman who added some charm to our stay.

Room Tip: Because of its location in a treed office park I would assume all rooms would be satisfactory.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Gamurphys, thank you for your recent stay with your family! I am grateful for the 5 star review and generous comments. I am pleased to see that you were impressed particularly with our guestrooms, front desk, fitness facility, and our bellman which all resulted in a very positive experience for you and your family. Thank you for your business and we hope that we will see you again on your next trip to Richmond. Stay well and Happy Holidays, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent 2 nights here in early November with my wife and 3 children (8, 6 and 3). The room was spacious and the two beds were quite comfortable. The typical Westin bedding is always very nice. Got a roll-away bed for my 3 year-old daughter and I couldn't believe how great it was. Not the typcial, fold-in-half-style roll-away from my youth, but a real twin mattress and the usual Westin bedding. It could not have been nicer. I would consider buying one for guests at my house! The location was terrific and my kids were big fans of the Waffle House on the opposite side of I-64. We used the pool both days we were at the property and, again, this was a big hit with my kids. Room service was decent, though I thought the late-night menu (> 11 pm) was slightly limited. Was hoping for a burger and fries, but settled for a BLT and chips. The proximity to the Chik-Fil-A was great, though! The staff gets extremely high marks for service and helpfulness. All of the staff we encountered was exceptionally friendly. Housekeeping skipped our room after our first night, though that may have been due to a communication gap about when we were vacating the room. Still, it would have been nice to get a call or have someone stop by the room to ask if we wanted it made up. They were quick to provide new towels, but the treat of coming back to freshly-made beds was missed.

Overall I give this Westin top marks. The complimentary tea and coffee each morning was another nice touch, and the hospitality here is great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear DCWP, thank you for your recent stay with your family. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations overall and I thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. Thank you for noticing the superior quality of our rollaway beds...they are just like our regular Westin Heavenly Bed which is a rare find in our industry. I am also glad that you experienced and noted the friendliness and helpfullness of our assocaites; they work very hard to exceed our guests expectations. I hope that we will see you again when your travels return you to the area. Than kyou and stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at The Westin Richmond for the weekend and had a lovely experience. The hotel seems to cater to business travelers, but the staff were friendly and very welcoming to my almost teenage daughter and I. The room is well appointed, very clean and had a great big bathroom, with an amazing shower, and big comfortable beds. I loved the Starbucks coffee in the room. The fitness room was great and I loved the amenities in the lobby, especially the fruit infused water. I also felt very safe in that you had to insert a room key to access the guest rooms. My only complaint is, as posh as this hotel is, it does not have complimentary wireless. Seriously.... Other than that, I was very impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear LisaM, thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at The Westin Richmond. I am grateful that you and your daughter had a great experience with us. Particularly, thank you for pointing our our Starbucks coffee, Westin Workout fitness facility and our wonderful Westin elixer in the lobby. I hope you will return soon to enjoy our services again. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
virginia,usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel is truly a little gem. Right in the heart of the city it has almost a nice rural feel with trees and beautiful fountain area off of one side for nice views. We have stayed here twice and the specialty treatment starts with the front desk staff... some of the nicest and welcoming to be found any where. The front lobby has fresh apples and spa water to welcome you. The rooms are the typical Westin heavenly series with bed and bath including some complimentary bottled water in the room. Last time we stayed on the Club floor and were surprised at the quality of offerings. At breakfast you have scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs and sausage patties along with the usual breakfast cereals and a lovely homemade oatmeal. The late evening offered lovely fresh fruits and delicious macadamia cookies. Truly a nice unexpected experience within 7 minutes of the Short Pump area offering extensive shopping and dining opportunites.

Room Tip: Lovely views on the side of the fountain
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Goumetcruiser, thank you for your multiple visits to The Westin Richmond. We are grateful for your business and loyalty. Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your stay, especially your appreciation for our services on the Executive Club Level and the Front Desk. We are very proud of these service levels and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Be well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
Metro Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Westin Richmond is one of the better Westin hotels. The room was very clean and nicely appointed. Two areas they could do better: internet access is not included in room rate (boo... seriously) and charging $4.00 for a bottle of water. It was 'nice' that 2 were in the room with one being complimentary but it is a bit brazen and insulting to put them together and say to your guest "Here is one 25 cent bottle and one 50 cent bottle of water .... the small one is free ...yes, we will give you WATER but only in the small bottle. Touch the slightly larger bottle and we will charge you $4.00.... for WATER!" Oh well.

The room rate was just slightly more than what I'd want to pay but overall it was a very nice place to stay at the rate you'd expect to pay (or a bit more) for the level of service and amenities.

One thing I found to be excellent was an a/v connection panel on the front of the desk in the room with an HDMI, PC-VGA, and YRW rca connection to hook up a video source (like a laptop) and show it on the flat screen TV in the room. I give that BIG bonus points ...

The hotel restaurant was very good and priced commensurate with the usually higher rates that hotel restaurants charge. Service was excellent.

My company arranged for a breakfast buffet for a group of customers and the buffet was outstanding. The audio/video technician who setup the projector and audio system was extremely helpful and courteous.... just a great team for events!!

Room Tip: My room away from the elevator was supremely quiet .... I did not hear anyone else all-night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear MediaGuyMetroDetroit, thank you for your recent stay and for the very detailed review of your stay with us. I am glad to see that you liked your stay overall, especially the av panel on the guestroom desk as well as our restaurant, Crossings, and the service there as well. Your business is appreciate and we hope to see you again soon should your travels return you to the area. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

There's nothing about this place that is superlative, but that's just fine. As an SPG frequent flyer, I wish every Westin was this good. It's new, it's clean, it smells great, people are accomodating, it's convenient to all the major highway interchanges in the area, rooms are large, modern and functional. Sure the restaurant is forgettable, the gym just serviceable and the pool rather small -- but it checks ALL the boxes and is far FAR better than its Richmond competitive set for the money.

Room Tip: Standard Westin rooms -- we stayed on the SPG floor, but not sure there are any special rooms or sui...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Flyer07, thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post a positive review of your experience. I am thrilled that you found The Westin Richmond to be superior to other hotels and I trust we will be seeing you again when your travels return you to Richmond. Thank you and stay well! Regards, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was my first stay in a Westin since 1988 in SF and really enjoyed my visit to the Richmond Westin. Ashley is very professional, courteous, friendly and represents the front desk with an effervescent personality that you don't find at too many hotels. She was quite accomodating, informational and answered my numerous questions. The hotel staff was friendly, professional and helpful at any moment and made the check in and check out an effortless experience. As I surmised, the hotel location is convenient off I-64 and Broad Street and within a short driving distance to some of my favorite BBQ places in town! The only drawback was the small and shallow pool that was not conducive to lap swimmers like me but just doubled my usual exercise regimen to make up the difference.

The rooms were quite comfortable and the showers were great because they have two showerheads so you get a massaging feel during your shower and the bathrooms are bigger than your typical chain hotel. The front desk staff impressed me too because they paid attention to my comments when I made my reservation and I can be fickle at times. You can use their free Internet downstairs and their executive floor offered hors d'ouerves and drinks if you wanted a snack after exercising. The beds were so comfortable and the flat screen TV's were great for watching sports after a long day of shopping and exercising!

Because of my enjoyable experience, I've already made plans to stay at this hotel on my next visit to Richmond during Thanksgiving weekend! Thanks again for a wonderful stay and look forward to my next trip in 5 weeks.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator and they will gladly bring one to your room for snacks, drinks or leftovers.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear SmilingSteve4, thank you for your detailed review of your recent experience with us at The Westin Richmond. I was pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations overall. Thank you as well for pointing out the superior service you recevied from Ashley at the front desk as well. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the rest of our assocaites. We look forward to seeing you again in November and wish you a happy holiday season! Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager

Been to The Westin Richmond? Share your experiences!