“Excellent food and service ...” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent food and service ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This place had a bit of hiccup with management changeover but seems to have gotten handle on things lately. We received great service and the food was fresh and delicious. The hibachi grills are downstairs and can get pretty rowdy on weekends. Hibachi servings are generous and there were a lot of variety with rolls, sushi and sashimi.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Worst Sushi I've Ever Had”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I never realized how important vinegared rice in sushi is until today when I decided to pick up a Groupon for Kobe. I'm not sure if the sushi chef or whoever made the rice forgot to season the sushi rice or if this is how it's usually made at this location (as it was my first visit), but the result was awful.

My boyfriend and I ordered a total of four different rolls. Neither of us enjoyed any of the rolls we ordered because the plain tasting rice with meager portions of the other ingredients was simply unpleasant. I absolutely love sushi, but for the first time in my life, I couldn't finish any of the rolls I ordered. Also, for the first time, my boyfriend wasn't at all eager to finish what was left on my plate.

Craving sushi? I highly recommend you look elsewhere.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Daytona Beach, Florida
“I am glad we ate here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The reviews were mixed but we have visited Kobes in other states so we came based on past experience. It was great. The staff was super friendly. Our chef was attentive and talented. The three of us each had something different. Lobster and filet, shrimp, and scallops and shrimp. Each meal was great. Sushi was super fresh and was served quickly. I would definitely come back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
traverse city
“Just not good enough to return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Food was mediocre, I planned in going somewhere else but was closed for lunch in Monday, it was raining so I stopped in.. The roll technique was poor, need more training or something, there are too many others to say I would pay $58 for two rolls and uni....sorry

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Excellent Hibachi, Fun Date Night Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a Saturday night for a date night, and had a great time. The hibachi experience is a little cheesy, but it was perfect for a date, and we sat with another couple and a family that made the entire dining experience very entertaining. We started with the Edamame and Shumai apitizers, and both were delicious. The Hibachi shrimp and steak dinners were delicious, fresh and of course fun to watch being made! We did not partake in the sushi bar upstairs, but the Hibachi dining was in a dining room downstairs, and despite the lack of atmosphere, it was fun to watch the food being made and the chefs and servers were all delightful. I would definitely recommend this for a fun and unique date night, a fun night out with friends or even a cool experience for families.