“So Slow That The Would Need To Speed Up To Stop!” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“So Slow That The Would Need To Speed Up To Stop!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had the misfortune of going to Kobe the other night. Six of us showed up at 5:15pm to find an empty restaurant. You would think we would have gotten fairly speedy service wouldn’t you?!?! WRONG, we didn’t get out food until 6:50!. Shame on them!!! I also spied a cockroach skittling along the floor, YUCK! Do yourself a favor and skip this place.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Plastic in food and poor mgt. response”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We are regulars at Kobe. We had one previous bad experience with a soapy glass for the water. At the prices they charge, it should be first rate. Tonight, in one of our rolls, was a fairly large piece of plastic wrap. Part of it we had eaten!!! To make things worse, when brought to the attention of the manager he was very nonchalant and said "yes, it's plastic." I said that's it, and he said he would tell the cook. They still charged us for the rest of the dinner to boot. Two regulars no more!

Visited February 2012
missouri
“Disappointing Food, Service Even Worse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Had heard mixed reviews about this place, but thought that I'd try it out. I'm new to Richmond and still looking for great sushi. Guess I should add that this is not a review of the downstairs hibachi area, but the upstairs regular restaurant/sushi area.

First it took several minutes to be seated. Was a slow night (only one table and two people seated at the bar when I arrived) so I thought that maybe the host was off cleaning or organizing something and didn't hear me come in? I had a couple of questions that I asked the server when she brought my drink--one being how the Chili Chicken was prepared, fried? grilled? and she said "It's chicken with chilis" and rolled her eyes. Awesome. I ordered a couple sushi rolls, which as hungry as I was, weren't very edible. I couldn't choke down half of them. The rice was either overcooked or had been left out since lunchtime. There were so many chunks of hard, dried rice in the rolls that I'm assuming that is why they had pretty much fallen apart when they arrived. My drink never was refilled. Server never came back to ask how the food was. I actually tried to get her attention a couple of times when I was ready to leave, but she walked right past. I actually had to ask the sushi chef if he could let her know I was ready for my bill.

The whole process of me in the door and back out took just under two hours. Afterwards, I went home and made myself a peanut butter sandwich. Seriously. I understand off nights and all, but from other reviews/word of mouth, this isn't such an odd experience here. I won't be back.

Visited February 2012
McLean, Virginia
“OK food, formula hibachi experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Had a good but over priced dinner at this formula hibachi style steak house.

Visited January 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love the cheesiness of the steakhouse experience. Sushi is great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

Love the cheesiness of the steakhouse experience. Sushi is great.