“Impeccable Service is why we'd go back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 S. Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, VA 23231 (Formerly Wyndham Richmond Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Newport News, Virginia
“Impeccable Service is why we'd go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Really the best, top-notch customer service you want to see when staying at a hotel. Christine bent over backwards on the front-end when she was able take our original reservation and knock a good 25% off our 3-day stay by offering us a veterans discount. When we wanted to check in early, Gwen made sure the room was ready 2+ hours prior to their customary check-in time of 3pm, and then went the extra-mile and assisted me in unloading the car & taking our suitcases up to the room. Unfortunately, coming off I-64 I had left my lights on and drained the battery on our Camry, but in line with top-level service we experienced throughout the stay, the airport shuttle driver -- a Mr. Marley, had a set of jumper cables and helped us out with a jump.

Other highlights included a very comfortable king size bed, some of the best - if not the best pillows we have ever had at a hotel; a shower/tub combo with really great water pressure & consistently hot water no matter the time of day; a mini-fridge that stayed nice & cold, a microwave, and a spacious bathroom w/numerous grab bars to assist my wife & I with our physical challenges.

On the not as positive side, we did find the sink in the bathroom to be remarkably small/ tight relative to the rest of the bathroom (definitely something we found a bit of a design "oops"). And we did mistakenly assume that given the price point of the room there would be a Continental Breakfast included in the stay, but there was not.

Overall though, for us a great stay -- and somewhere we wouldn't hesitate to stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Union, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Four Points by Sheraton-Richmond Airport in June 2014. It was a great experience. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean, the bed comfortable, the breakfast excellent and the bar relaxing. It does not get any better than this! They also have a free shuttle that will take you to a great Italian restaurant about a mile a way. There is also plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Free coffee in the morning made the stay complete. Highly recommended. I look forward to my next trip to Richmond. Thanks! Tom from Kentucky

Room Tip: I like the first floor rooms. However, rooms on the above floors overlooking the indoor pool offer a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Emily F, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Tom D,
We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful time with us for your recent visit to Richmond. We aim to make each stay special, and we are very happy you enjoyed our extra services, clean and comfortable rooms, and friendly staff. Thank you for your high recommendation, and we look forward to hosting you for your next trip. All the best.
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms. My family and stayed over the July 4th weekend and had a good visit. I will return. I had an issue with my online booking and the manager Qwen was most helpful with finding the reservation and informing my middle intitial ran together and presented a problem when checkingin.

Manda

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Was at the end of a wonderful trip visiting my 3 1/2 year old Grandson. An early flight out so, it was easier to stay at an "airport" hotel for my last evening. A little teary eyed and emotional when they dropped me off. So, I'm sure you can imagine that I wasn't in the best frame of mind. (For all of about 5 minutes)

I was greeted by happy people with warm smiles. The ladies were so kind and helpful. It was after 9:00 p.m. and I was tired but hungry. They explained that they were serving in the bar that evening, so I took my things to my room and off to the bar I went.

A nice cocktail and great conversation with the bartender. We talked about Grandchildren and how tiring traveling can be. She suggested that I order my meal, go relax in my room and she would personally bring it to me. She also suggested the delicious Mushroom with Crab Cake Appetizer. (A must if you have the time) Not too much later, I was in my room relaxing and enjoying a glass of wine and the perfect meal which was a wonderful delight.

The room was nice, it appeared much cleaner than most. The shower was larger than most also which made things a little nicer than normal. Good rest then an early shuttle ride to the airport. Everyone in the hotel was kind, happy and full of energy. The shuttle driver was a hoot n' a half. He had me in stitches laughing the entire way to the airport.

This hotel will definitely be my "go to hotel" for all of my trips to the Richmond area. Bravo Everyone! Great Job.!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful stay. SPG suite upgrade with great space and amenities. Close to RIC airport - airline crew stopover provided a quiet environment. Restaurant /Lounge was mixed with families and visitors. Everyone was interacting - in fact we all moved to a large table to continue chatting. The chef is a native of the DRC. He is most engaging and made me vegetarian cuisine despite the absence of veg selections on the menu. Full service bar with popular tap beers and FIFA World Cup on TV made for a fun evening. Rooms are almost Westin-reminiscent. Great bedding, wifi and large flat screen with sofa pull out. Staff is outstanding and Sabrina went out of her way without expecting gratuity. She eventually accepted after persuasion. Top notch and should be at least a category 2 or 3 SPG.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The property itself is nothing special; however, the very friendly staff that work the front desk and restaurants make it special. I have stayed here many times and the service is always top notch and the food for breakfast and dinner are good as Four Points go. The rooms and fitness center could use some improvement/updating, but are by no means poor. The location, staff and price make this hotel a great value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The staff were very helpful. 12 minutes from the airport. Plenty of food choices around the hotel. Fitness facility was clean, no moldy smells with working machines. Environmentally conscience at the hotel which is great but one thing overlooked was the high pressure shower, I favor that. I did find the pillows and mattress on the soft side.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Jamie_CLT,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and that we exceeded your expectations. Aloft Chapel Hill hopes that you will stay with us for your future visits and looks forward to seeing you again soon. Take care.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!